hockeygal

breast ironing

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd never heard of this before... :(

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/07/07...reut/index.html

excerpt:

Worried that her daughters' budding breasts would expose them to the risk of sexual harassment and even rape, their mother Philomene Moungang started 'ironing' the girls' bosoms with a heated stone.

"I did it to my two girls when they were eight years old. I would take the grinding stone, heat it in the fire and press it hard on the breasts," Moungang said. "They cried and said it was painful. But I explained that it was for their own good."

"Breast ironing" -- the use of hard or heated objects or other substances to try to stunt breast growth in girls -- is a traditional practice in West Africa, experts say.

The younger a girl develops, the more likely she is to have her bosom ironed -- 38 percent of girls developing breasts under the age of 11 had undergone the procedure.

The practice is most common in the Christian and animist South of the country, rather than in the Muslim North and Far North provinces, where only 10 percent of women are affected.

The survey found that in 58 percent of cases breast ironing was carried out by mothers worried that the onset of puberty could provoke sexual harassment, inhibit their daughters' studies or even stunt their growth.

If rape is the problem, methinks it makes more sense to press the hot stones onto a few penises.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

One word - Abuse

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Filed: Timeline
I'd never heard of this before... :(

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/07/07...reut/index.html

excerpt:

Worried that her daughters' budding breasts would expose them to the risk of sexual harassment and even rape, their mother Philomene Moungang started 'ironing' the girls' bosoms with a heated stone.

"I did it to my two girls when they were eight years old. I would take the grinding stone, heat it in the fire and press it hard on the breasts," Moungang said. "They cried and said it was painful. But I explained that it was for their own good."

"Breast ironing" -- the use of hard or heated objects or other substances to try to stunt breast growth in girls -- is a traditional practice in West Africa, experts say.

The younger a girl develops, the more likely she is to have her bosom ironed -- 38 percent of girls developing breasts under the age of 11 had undergone the procedure.

The practice is most common in the Christian and animist South of the country, rather than in the Muslim North and Far North provinces, where only 10 percent of women are affected.

The survey found that in 58 percent of cases breast ironing was carried out by mothers worried that the onset of puberty could provoke sexual harassment, inhibit their daughters' studies or even stunt their growth.

If rape is the problem, methinks it makes more sense to press the hot stones onto a few penises.

that is horrible!

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

agreed :thumbs:

SEE K-1 HISTORY IN MY TIMELINE

AOS / EAD / AP TIMELINE:

06/30/2006 - I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent to Chicago (via USPS Priority mail) (DAY 1)

07/02/2006 - package received in Chicago (delivery confirmed via USPS)

07/06/2006 - NOA 1 (DAY 7)

07/12/2006 - biometric appointment notice (DAY 13)

07/14/2006 - received biometric appointment notice via mail

07/25/2006 - interview notice (DAY 26)

07/26/2006 - biometrics taken (DAY 27)

07/28/2006 - received interview notice via mail

09/07/2006 - I-485 interview...APPROVED!!!...passport stamped (DAY 70)

09/12/2006 - I-131 approved (DAY 75)

09/13/2006 - received welcome letter via mail

09/15/2006 - I-765 approved (DAY 78)

09/16/2006 - received AP via mail

09/18/2006 - received conditional green card via mail

09/21/2006 - received EAD via mail

07/23/2008 - filed I-751 to lift conditional status

07/28/2008 - NOA 1

08/26/2008 - biometric appointment

12/03/2008 - I-751 approved

12/08/2008 - received 10-year green card via mail

09/07/2009 - eligible for U.S. citizenship!

flag13.gif

flag12.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

does it take out the wrinkles?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

wow. I never heard of this before either. Amazing what some people are capable of doing to their own children.

(my first thought was...I wish I knew of the procedure cause I really don't like my big size..)

Octa and Nicu

I-129F Interview..........04-25-2005

US Entry......................05-19-2005

Marriage......................07-16-2005

Filed AOS/EAD..............08-16-2005

Received EAD................11-28-2005

AOS Interview...............05-15-2006

Received Green Card.....05-25-2006

The way to find out if you love someone or not, is by talking to them.

The more you talk to them the more you either hate them or love them.

Timeline
wow. I never heard of this before either. Amazing what some people are capable of doing to their own children.

(my first thought was...I wish I knew of the procedure cause I really don't like my big size..)

quit bragging :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I'd say to the mother shameonyou.gif

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

probably a muslim custom they picked up

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Now, now quit being ethnocentric! We here in the western world do plenty more brutal things to our little girls--beauty pageants, high heels, breast augmentation, makeup, halter tops, Wonder-bra, and don't forget this year is the 50th anniversary of the Bikini. So do not judge the culture of others we must respect the peoples of these other equally non-backwards nations--lest we think of ourselves as progressive thinkers if we constantly set unattainable and erroneous standards on the cultures and customs of others.

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Now, now quit being ethnocentric! We here in the western world do plenty more brutal things to our little girls--beauty pageants, high heels, breast augmentation, makeup, halter tops, Wonder-bra, and don't forget this year is the 50th anniversary of the Bikini. So do not judge the culture of others we must respect the peoples of these other equally non-backwards nations--lest we think of ourselves as progressive thinkers if we constantly set unattainable and erroneous standards on the cultures and customs of others.

thanks for helping me out

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835