FranktheRiceEater

Heartbroken...I need help.

59 posts in this topic

Just let her go, she probably does not care for you. She was presumably expecting a lot of good things in the US but now she finds out that things did not come out as imagined. :whistle:

Yeah, let her go. Buy her a plane ticket and I bet my bottom dollar she will change her mind. LOL. That's what Mr. Bill did to me. Kidding aside. I forgot about being homesick.

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Just let her go, she probably does not care for you. She was presumably expecting a lot of good things in the US but now she finds out that things did not come out as imagined. :whistle:

Yeah, let her go. Buy her a plane ticket and I bet my bottom dollar she will change her mind. LOL. That's what Mr. Bill did to me. Kidding aside. I forgot about being homesick.

I have never met this woman before. I have no idea what she is talking about. :whistle:

Filed: Other Timeline

I have never met this woman before. I have no idea what she is talking about. :whistle:

I think the Bill name is very common. :hehe:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

I agree, this is a bit harsh...

Use the 90 days you have to show her that there are things to do here to keep her mind busy. Make sure she has access to call home and talk to her parents and siblings.

Take her shopping!!! :dance:

I think shopping is a genetic requirement with Filipinas... :innocent:

I know it really helps boost my sweetie’s spirits!! :thumbs:

Phil

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

i met a filipina who just arrived in the philippines few days ago. she entered america last april on a k1 visa and after a few weeks, she and her usc fiance got into a big fight. she told her fiance she might as well return to the philippines and immediately her fiance bought her plane tickets , he actually called her bluff. after that, she changed her mind and told her fiance that she decided to just stay in america. unfortunately, her fiance told her that he didnt want her ticket to go to waste and she might as well use it to return to the phils. so thats how it ended, her fiance sent her back to the phils before 90 days without getting married, her fiance got tired of the whining.

to the OP, you both need to meet halfway. if she loves you, then she should at least try to make things work . she needs to give it a few months and do her best to get adjusted to her new life with you. and you also need to try and make things comfortable for her. if she really decides on coming back to the phils, theres nothing more you can do.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Great advice here and I hope it works out for you in the end...

Mister Bill who dat :)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Homesickness may come and go. Or at least the USC spouse may perceive that the immigrant's homesickness comes and goes. As a beneficiary, one "benefits" from being torn from one's homeland and all that is familiar. As USC sponsors, we can only hope that our spouses find their love for us and their desire to be with us as adequate compensation for their exile.

This homesickness isn't always monotonic -- it doesn't necessary show a maximum in intensity and then decline forever after. And sometimes during trips home, all the "negative" aspects of the homeland compared to America sometimes might dominate, but at other times it may be quite the opposite. During some trips home, the feeling of familiarity, even if the familiarity is predominantly negative, can apparently be very comforting.

I write as a sponsor, with limited understanding of what our fiance(e)s and spouses actually experience. I've lived abroad long enough to know that it can be an extremely disturbing, disorienting experience to live in a foreign place, far from "home". To choose that sort of life with the expectation that it is permanent might be even more profoundly unsettling.

Answers I don't have. With my wife, I seek to be calm, loving, and supportive and hope that she continues to find her life, as an alien with me in America, sufficiently desirable to stay here when she is here and to return here when she takes her long trips home.

My wife came to the USA as a K3 bride 20 months ago. Right now she is in her homeland for a long summer visit and finds Russia, even in the midst of very severe crisis that affects our family in most negative ways, very comforting. All is familiar to her. If she had a magic wand, I would be the one to emigrate -- and if I could find good work there I would. I am pretty sure she will return, but this "homesickness" phenomenon can be real, persistent, and compelling.

Edited by novotul

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Just a thought. No bashing! It is normal to feel homesick. I have felt it too since I have spent the last 1 year alone here, but only 21 days and she wants to go home? Isn't that a bit of an over-reaction or is she really ready for a life time commitment like marriage and spend her life here instead of back home? You both must have invested a lot of time, effort and money into this and she wants to give it all up so easily? You both still have 2 months and hopefully she will get over it and realise that everytime she feels homesick she can't just go back home. Wish you both all the best!

HI i agree with you, but seriously why go through of the trouble not to mention money in this process if she doesnt want to get married, maybe she should have visited you here more than once (im not sure if you guys did that) i took my time making sure i really wanted to move to the USA from the first time we decided to go through with all this til our wedding was just short of 3 years!!!. i dont know how someone can do it without being 100% sure this is what really want!! actually it kinda frustrates me that some cultures use this process for a way of maybe escapin their normal live i hope im wrong, but if you have doubts before you start the whole visa process or not 100% sure you really want to get married why go to all the effort seriously!!!!

As for being homeseick! everyone feels that way even me! my country isnt much different to the USA but it is still hard being away from your family but wouldnt you rather miss your family than the man/woman you love!! i dont know about everyone else but i know no matter how homesick i get my husband makes up for it!!! and i can always go home for a holiday!! hope it all works out for you both!!

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

Filed: Timeline
HI i agree with you, but seriously why go through of the trouble not to mention money in this process if she doesnt want to get married, maybe she should have visited you here more than once (im not sure if you guys did that) i took my time making sure i really wanted to move to the USA from the first time we decided to go through with all this til our wedding was just short of 3 years!!!. i dont know how someone can do it without being 100% sure this is what really want!! actually it kinda frustrates me that some cultures use this process for a way of maybe escapin their normal live i hope im wrong, but if you have doubts before you start the whole visa process or not 100% sure you really want to get married why go to all the effort seriously!!!!

As for being homeseick! everyone feels that way even me! my country isnt much different to the USA but it is still hard being away from your family but wouldnt you rather miss your family than the man/woman you love!! i dont know about everyone else but i know no matter how homesick i get my husband makes up for it!!! and i can always go home for a holiday!! hope it all works out for you both!!

I completely agree with you. Even waiting for my husband to come back right now makes up for the homesickness I sometimes still feel. But I'd rather be here waiting than be in India and miss everything we are building together, afterall, isn't this my home now, with him? I know it takes time to get to this stage but only the OP's fiancee will have the will to either work it out or let this temporary feeling stop her from building a future they both wanted.

Filed: Other Timeline
Just a thought. No bashing! It is normal to feel homesick. I have felt it too since I have spent the last 1 year alone here, but only 21 days and she wants to go home? Isn't that a bit of an over-reaction or is she really ready for a life time commitment like marriage and spend her life here instead of back home? You both must have invested a lot of time, effort and money into this and she wants to give it all up so easily? You both still have 2 months and hopefully she will get over it and realise that everytime she feels homesick she can't just go back home. Wish you both all the best!

tommys girl -

While your advice has a ring of wisdom to it, please remember that not everyone on these forums has the freedom of VWP travel to assist with visits and 'making sure'.

tommys girl -

While your advice has a ring of wisdom to it, please remember that not everyone on these forums has the freedom of VWP travel to assist with visits and 'making sure'.

rebeccajo is right. it is next to impossible for filipinos to get a tourist visa for the usa.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

as usual...for trolls

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.