ioukta

hmm what if.... we let the date to get married pass by?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Ok please dear kind people

let's focus here

I'm not asking for advice on my plans or reasons lol I have them and we ARE well aware of the waste of time or money... but this is NOT what i asked

i asked how would i go about either pushing the date on the same visa or redoing the same thing over again, if the fact we were accepted before counts or not

had it been any other reason like a sick relative or moving problem no one would have said anything lol the first part is not what i need help with, that's between me and my fiance lol

now that this is clear

i keep hearing about the interview, i don't even know how that comes about? a letter? a phone call? I have the choice of the date to an extent? that could be good

It's kind of a consulate specific thing. Some consulates give you a date a couple of months out. If you don't like it, you can ask for a different date, and they'll give you one a couple of months later. If you still don't like it, they'll tell you tough luck - only one reschedule.

Other consulates are much more flexible, and will pretty much let you pick any date that works for you. Your best bet is to post the question in the regional forum for Europe and see what other people say about your consulate.

One of the toughest parts about this whole process is that you're at the mercy of the government's schedule, so it's really difficult to make any concrete plans. At any point along the way they can throw up another roadblock - RFE, AP, whatever - that will throw off the timing once again. It's doubly difficult in your case because you're trying to coordinate two floating windows of time. This is why people are recommending you at least get one of these two windows nailed down and taken care of first.

Good luck!

Thank you very much that's a good idea

It's all just in case, like i said we might just go along with the visa and follow our plans later, decide to be together first... we're not getting any younger lol

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

We're this close to send the package, I'd say few weeks a month tops.

I was wondering, I'm the French fiancee and i know i have 6 months to move to the US from the time i have the visa.... what if... I don't go in 6 months?

*If i let the date pass by what happens? and how do i go about trying to get another visa with the same person? or can i ask for more time?

Here's the deal, my fiance and i want to get married, but we believe in being saved before getting married. Not only that, but we believe in receiving the Holy Ghost to get saved. And that will be all God's timing.

Now on the practical side : what happens if we're not both saved yet when the date to move comes? We want to try now cause it takes so much time for the papers anyway that we think we'll probably be saved by then. But if not, and since we want to get married together we'll try again another fiance visa...

*the fact we petitioned already does it change anything for the second time around?

*the fact it's cause of dates and timeframes instead of being denied the visa does it change something?

So yeah there are my questions with the (*).

Of course this is not an open debate on religion lool just looking for practical answers

Thank you so much for your help everybody, i love this forum it's a gold mine

Aurelie

Sister ioukta,

You can do like my wife and I did...she came through the normal K1 process that you are planning to go through. Then we were married in a courthouse about 30 days after she arrived. So, that fulfilled the governmental requirements of the visa.

Then we had a Church wedding with our Priest about 6 months after that...we consider this date to be our real 'Anniversary' as that is the date that we believe we were married into union with Christ. The first civil marriage was just a marriage into union with the USCIS :lol::lol::bonk::rofl:

So, come on over on the regular visa process and fulfill that marriage obligation in a civil ceremony. Then have a Religious Wedding when you and your husband feels that it is right by God's timing.

Peace and Blessings to you on your visa journey!

MarkNAAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I was wondering, I'm the French fiancee and i know i have 6 months to move to the US from the time i have the visa.... what if... I don't go in 6 months?

*If i let the date pass by what happens? and how do i go about trying to get another visa with the same person? or can i ask for more time?

*the fact we petitioned already does it change anything for the second time around?

*the fact it's cause of dates and timeframes instead of being denied the visa does it change something?

So yeah there are my questions with the (*).

Of course this is not an open debate on religion lool just looking for practical answers

Thank you so much for your help everybody, i love this forum it's a gold mine

Aurelie

you can make a request to the embassy to get a six month extension. I would check on that. You can get one extension after that you have to re-apply. One thing you can do is hold off in sending in your P-3. You won't get an interview until you send it back to the embassy.

Also, if you get an interview date, you ask that it be rescheduled.

good luck

comicirsaudit.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think why you have been getting such negative responses is that.... you are basically telling ppl that you will be this close to getting a visa and then turning your back on it to be "Saved" Now yes, I understand this is important to you but you have to understand that ppl that are not into the whole "god thing" may see this as a "kick in the teeth" so to speak. Here you are with what we all covet and now you are kinda being of blase. You are going to throw it away because you did not think about your religious future as part of your master plan??? Don't mean to be harsh but ####### were you thinking in the first place? Why can you not be saved in America? Does god not save ppl here? So I guess you choose your fiance, or being "saved" in your country. Have fun trying to re-apply. Besides, marriage is one of the holy sacraments, you are entitled to this by god. You know you can always get baptized, receive the host and confirm yourself after you marry? You can have a civil marriage then do these steps after, leading to a "holy marriage". But if you can be away from the woman you love the most and intend to honor then so be it. Just do not complain if you have serious problems when you re-apply and do not get approved because the consul thinks something is fishy. Sounds like you should have thought this out long before you both decided to send out your petition. And P.S. you shouldn't ask for help from people that are struggling to get where you are, ppl tend to get offended with that kinda stuff. Hope you figure your life out. Good luck, you need it more than I do.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

You can delay the petition by delaying submitting paperwork back to the embassy (the P3 that they send you). You have either 3-4 months of validity on the NOA2 (can't remember exactly), but this is usually extended by the embassy. You may have to request it, and that procedure is country specific. Once you have the visa, you cannot extend the 6 months to enter. USCIS doesn't care what extenuating circumstances there are in your life.

To refile, you will need to request a waiver. If that is the path you need to go down, you can read on waivers in the forum lower down on the page.

I guess I'm just confused what you mean by being saved. Everyone I have know that uses that term uses it in the context of accepting Jesus into their lives, which is more of a decision than a random event of God's choosing. So I guess that's why I don't understand why the timing of this is an issue. I agree with others that if you have any doubt of the timing for your requirements to get married, religious or otherwise, you should wait till those are fufilled to file OR have a civil ceremony to satisfy USCIS and then have a religious ceremony to get married in the eyes of God. Sometimes USCIS throws roadblocks in your path that slows you down and other times people fly through, much quicker than expected. Trying to work around 2 floating timelines is too stressful for me.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
You can delay the petition by delaying submitting paperwork back to the embassy (the P3 that they send you). You have either 3-4 months of validity on the NOA2 (can't remember exactly), but this is usually extended by the embassy. You may have to request it, and that procedure is country specific. Once you have the visa, you cannot extend the 6 months to enter. USCIS doesn't care what extenuating circumstances there are in your life.

To refile, you will need to request a waiver. If that is the path you need to go down, you can read on waivers in the forum lower down on the page.

I guess I'm just confused what you mean by being saved. Everyone I have know that uses that term uses it in the context of accepting Jesus into their lives, which is more of a decision than a random event of God's choosing. So I guess that's why I don't understand why the timing of this is an issue. I agree with others that if you have any doubt of the timing for your requirements to get married, religious or otherwise, you should wait till those are fufilled to file OR have a civil ceremony to satisfy USCIS and then have a religious ceremony to get married in the eyes of God. Sometimes USCIS throws roadblocks in your path that slows you down and other times people fly through, much quicker than expected. Trying to work around 2 floating timelines is too stressful for me.

There are some evangelical Christian sects that believe you are not "saved" until you receive the Holy Spirit, which is manifested by certain physical signs such as speaking in tongues. In their belief, you must show these signs before you can consider yourself "saved". They also believe that you can't make these signs appear - you can only pray and wait for it to happen.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

Goodness that's what i get for mentioning saved lol i knew i shouldn't have

For the last time we are 28 and close enough that WE DECIDED to start the process

our lives are not a kick in the teeth of anyone, if we DON'T get married people will be happy here i guess and say "ha that's what you get" big deal won't make me lose sleep

I'm not gonna apologize for having a different religion than the people here being "outraged" at my decision. I know what i'm doing in regards to what MY religion says. between my pastor and this forum I'll listen to my pastor cause if it was this forum i'd be all the religions in the world lol so where would i go from there? this is why my question was NOOOOOOOOT about religion OOOOOOOOOR about our decision. Did anyone notice that? man only a small portion did! Even though i wrote it several times!

Why do you make up stuff in your head, second time i see something about complaining, who here is complaining, you don't know me from adam but you tell me what to do already? don't come complaining? go grab a coke and chill you don't know me like that

I am just asking how can i try to delay it just like anyone that had a sick parent, a problem with a house or a work issue would . that's a kick at anyone? I did not ask for advice on my life, no one thought they were rude here when i absolutely didn't ask about that? Do people think I'm 12? or were born yesterday? or thought maybe id read answers and go "oh wow i didn't see it like that, you are sooooooo right!!! let me change my whole religion now that you've typed on a computer and told me what was right and what wasn't!!!!" we're in the K1 process forum not the relationship forum

No one said i was going to throw it away, if you had read me i said we just might go ahead IF the timing is right enough for us. which would be? yes ! OUR DECISION What now you guys are gonna decide whether we fit your standards enough to start the process or not? and if not, we're not welcome here? what kind of deal is that? and people think i didn't think of it ? look at the date i first came here, when i registered may 07 2 years ago ! i did think of it before, don't get it twisted. But you guys lived your life and i lived mine.

Now i'd like to thank all the ones that either sympathised or answered my questions, offered help about what i really asked, or offered other advice politely and humbly which shows they were obvioulsy comfortable enough in their own lives to not be offended or threatened or envious at my situation.

For the rest i can't help you if you think you're influencial enough that i'll live my life through your advice

To answer your question Msu 17 For us being saved is more of a whole way of life with proofs of change than just a personal decision and we dont see it as random.

and to answer yours Marnaam we thought of that too but it would be too complicated for us since we can't live together before we're married and i heard that could be a problem for the authorities thinking it was a fake marriage but thank you for your help and not judging that was a good idea.

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Timeline
There are some evangelical Christian sects that believe you are not "saved" until you receive the Holy Spirit, which is manifested by certain physical signs such as speaking in tongues. In their belief, you must show these signs before you can consider yourself "saved". They also believe that you can't make these signs appear - you can only pray and wait for it to happen.

ha well there are several "sects" like that and mine is called Holiness lol and that's exactly what we believe and yeah we're often mistaken for evangelical i always wondered why, now i know why thank you Jim :thumbs::D

Edited by ioukta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you believe you are close but not quite ready you can delay the interview, just have to talk to the consulate about extending your NOA2. Extending your visa may be risky, as a few have mentioned if they do not do the extension your only choices really are to do the marriage before you are saved, or to reapply with a waiver, so trying to extend BEFORE the visa is issued might be a safer idea, but they will only do that for so long.

I hope the enlightenment you seek reaches you quickly so as to make the process easier.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
If you believe you are close but not quite ready you can delay the interview, just have to talk to the consulate about extending your NOA2. Extending your visa may be risky, as a few have mentioned if they do not do the extension your only choices really are to do the marriage before you are saved, or to reapply with a waiver, so trying to extend BEFORE the visa is issued might be a safer idea, but they will only do that for so long.

I hope the enlightenment you seek reaches you quickly so as to make the process easier.

yes it has thank you very much, i didn't think of that, the interview or keeping a package a lil longer that's exactly what i was looking for thank you, really thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

most welcome :D

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I just posted a topic yesterday about "Aggressive VJers", this just proves my point if anyone had any doubts. Mr/Mrs Ioukta just asked a simple question about how to extend the visa, and he practically gets attacked and ridiculed for his religious beliefs.

Only about 10% of people actually tried to give any relevant advice, most others just gave their sarcastic opinions on his choice of being "saved"

If I were you, I would call or email the embassy and ask their policy on rescheduling the interview date. (just repeating what someone said)

Good Luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Goodness that's what i get for mentioning saved lol i knew i shouldn't have

For the last time we are 28 and close enough that WE DECIDED to start the process

our lives are not a kick in the teeth of anyone, if we DON'T get married people will be happy here i guess and say "ha that's what you get" big deal won't make me lose sleep

I'm not gonna apologize for having a different religion than the people here being "outraged" at my decision. I know what i'm doing in regards to what MY religion says. between my pastor and this forum I'll listen to my pastor cause if it was this forum i'd be all the religions in the world lol so where would i go from there? this is why my question was NOOOOOOOOT about religion OOOOOOOOOR about our decision. Did anyone notice that? man only a small portion did! Even though i wrote it several times!

Why do you make up stuff in your head, second time i see something about complaining, who here is complaining, you don't know me from adam but you tell me what to do already? don't come complaining? go grab a coke and chill you don't know me like that

I am just asking how can i try to delay it just like anyone that had a sick parent, a problem with a house or a work issue would . that's a kick at anyone? I did not ask for advice on my life, no one thought they were rude here when i absolutely didn't ask about that? Do people think I'm 12? or were born yesterday? or thought maybe id read answers and go "oh wow i didn't see it like that, you are sooooooo right!!! let me change my whole religion now that you've typed on a computer and told me what was right and what wasn't!!!!" we're in the K1 process forum not the relationship forum

No one said i was going to throw it away, if you had read me i said we just might go ahead IF the timing is right enough for us. which would be? yes ! OUR DECISION What now you guys are gonna decide whether we fit your standards enough to start the process or not? and if not, we're not welcome here? what kind of deal is that? and people think i didn't think of it ? look at the date i first came here, when i registered may 07 2 years ago ! i did think of it before, don't get it twisted. But you guys lived your life and i lived mine.

Now i'd like to thank all the ones that either sympathised or answered my questions, offered help about what i really asked, or offered other advice politely and humbly which shows they were obvioulsy comfortable enough in their own lives to not be offended or threatened or envious at my situation.

For the rest i can't help you if you think you're influencial enough that i'll live my life through your advice

To answer your question Msu 17 For us being saved is more of a whole way of life with proofs of change than just a personal decision and we dont see it as random.

and to answer yours Marnaam we thought of that too but it would be too complicated for us since we can't live together before we're married and i heard that could be a problem for the authorities thinking it was a fake marriage but thank you for your help and not judging that was a good idea.

First off, No one was "Persecuting your believes" I Did give you advice. I told you .......

"Don't mean to be harsh but ####### were you thinking in the first place? Why can you not be saved in America? Does god not save ppl here? So I guess you choose your fiance, or being "saved" in your country. Have fun trying to re-apply. Besides, marriage is one of the holy sacraments, you are entitled to this by god. You know you can always get baptized, receive the host and confirm yourself after you marry? You can have a civil marriage then do these steps after, leading to a "holy marriage".

But you rather discern the negative from the positive...very Christian of you. And I did not say "Your lives are a kick in the teeth" but yes, your words are to me. Whether you choose to marginalize my feelings about this or not is really not your choice. Perhaps you should read and think before getting all uppity about your religion. Personally, I do not care whether you use snakes, drink yak blood, or pay homage to a can of lima beans that's your thing, And welcome to America you can worship the way you like here, but along with this you must understand we also have freedom of speech and it doesn't save you from being scrutinized by other members of the American population.... I went to France a few years back and the French ppl were very kind but they defiantly had their opinions so, this should not come as shock to you. If you want advice without bias then you should hire a LAWYER. Do not expect sympathy because you choose to post a topics in a public forum! You'll find no quarter here.

Maybe it is because I am from NY and I have a "Call it like I see it" mentality. I have posted several topics of discussion here on VJ and have less then pleasant responses to them But, I never cried about them after ppl have posted their opinions. I asked for it, and I got it.

And don't worry, I don't have it twisted guy, I was stating that "Every action has an equal or greater reaction" I didn't say you were complaining, I said Do not complain when you have problems in the future. Your situation seems to have a relatively easy fix. So be prepared for what you do. What if god never comes to you? What if god doesn't work in 6 month time frames? This is why I told you to come to America and have a civil marriage first then have a holy marriage. But again, you decided on taking the "Poor me, no one wants to understand my religion" path.

And also, if you are truly a man of faith why are you asking all these questions? Do you not believe that god will give you a divine path to follow? Sounds like you are second guessing him.........

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Sorry that I just don't understand the "getting saved" part of your post :blush: No offense intended here, but don't you have some control over that? Being baptized, accepting Christ, or recommitting to God seems like something you can do when you want. I just don't know anything about how holiness churches work.

It seems that you could submit paperwork, and ask for an extension on the interview date if necessary, using the religious preparation as the reason. Coming together in faith seems to me a very good way to prove that you are serious about marrying within the 90 day requirement. You could say that the religious prep (getting saved) is a prerequisite to marry in your religion.

Good Luck

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.