17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

There is only one civil surgeon near where I am living in the US at the moment. I am in the process of filing an I-485 and need to get my medical done. I have spoken to the clinic and they won't make an appointment for me to have my physical until I have all the other tests and vaccinations I need done.

They have given me a list of clinic that I could get them done at, but they are all very busy and I can't get in for the vaccinations for almost 2 months at any of the places listed by the civil surgeon. Would I be able to go to my regular family doctors and get them administer the vaccines and get the paperwork I need? If so what paperwork would I have to be sure to get?

I also have a catch 22 in that the civil surgeon won't make an appointment to see me without all my test results and vaccination paperwork in hand, and the testing centre they sent me to won't test me without a letter from the doctor. :blink:

Could I just ask my regular family doctor to put in a request for the test for me or does that have to come from the civil surgeon?

Any help appreciated.

There is only one civil surgeon near where I am living in the US at the moment. I am in the process of filing an I-485 and need to get my medical done. I have spoken to the clinic and they won't make an appointment for me to have my physical until I have all the other tests and vaccinations I need done.

They have given me a list of clinic that I could get them done at, but they are all very busy and I can't get in for the vaccinations for almost 2 months at any of the places listed by the civil surgeon. Would I be able to go to my regular family doctors and get them administer the vaccines and get the paperwork I need? If so what paperwork would I have to be sure to get?

I also have a catch 22 in that the civil surgeon won't make an appointment to see me without all my test results and vaccination paperwork in hand, and the testing centre they sent me to won't test me without a letter from the doctor. :blink:

Could I just ask my regular family doctor to put in a request for the test for me or does that have to come from the civil surgeon?

Any help appreciated.

If you came on a K1 or K3 and you're adjusting status and you had a immigration medical in your home country less than a year ago you can have a doctor in texas do vaccination tranfer records to a I-693 for 30 bucks.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am confused, you posted this to the IR-1/CR-1 forum, this has to do with IMMIGRANT visas, if this the case you are required to have physical exam and vaccinations done BEFORE you get this visa. A US Civil surgeon is not involved.

If you are adjusting status from a visa other than a K-Visa this post needs to be in the AOS from Work/Student/Visitor's visa forum. Moving it there.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
I am confused, you posted this to the IR-1/CR-1 forum, this has to do with IMMIGRANT visas, if this the case you are required to have physical exam and vaccinations done BEFORE you get this visa. A US Civil surgeon is not involved.

If you are adjusting status from a visa other than a K-Visa this post needs to be in the AOS from Work/Student/Visitor's visa forum. Moving it there.

You are not the only one confused. Last time I posted a question on the forum about my situation it was moved to an IR-1/CR-1 forum so I thought that was were I had to post to for my situation. Sorry for spreading my confusion around. I think all these forms have caused my brain to melt :wacko: .

You are not the only one confused. Last time I posted a question on the forum about my situation it was moved to an IR-1/CR-1 forum so I thought that was were I had to post to for my situation. Sorry for spreading my confusion around. I think all these forms have caused my brain to melt :wacko: .

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Call him. They do it all by mail and faxif you only need the vacination records transfered to a i-693.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I just came back my medical exam, it costs me $290 and 4 hours of time ( 3.5 was waiting).

Dr. L. E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

Call him. They do it all by mail and faxif you only need the vacination records transfered to a i-693.

ROC

7/12 - Sent I-751 Package by USPS

7/15 - Package was delivered at 11am

7/15 - Date of NOA

7/19 - Check was cashed

7/19 - NOA letter was received

7/28 - Biometrics letter received, date- 8/23/2011

8/01 - Early Biometric was done

11/15 - Card Production ordered

11/19 - 10 years Green Card arrived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Dr. L. E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

The OP is adjusting status from a visa OTHER than K-Visa, more than likely they need a FULL I-693 medical and vaccinations record done, not the vaccinations record, so the doctor in TX wont be of much use.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Dr. L. E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

The OP is adjusting status from a visa OTHER than K-Visa, more than likely they need a FULL I-693 medical and vaccinations record done, not the vaccinations record, so the doctor in TX wont be of much use.

Thanks for the link to Dr Arnold. Unfortunately I do have to have a full medical as I am adjusting the status of a visa other than a K-Visa.

I have decided to take the bull by the horns so to speak as the civil surgeons around here (Northen Indiana) all seem to be actively trying to avoid doing any testing and innoculating and keep refering me to the local free clinic. The clinic I was referred to for my vaccinations has a 2 to 3 month waiting list for immigrant vaccinations, and the testing centre won't see me without a letter from the civil surgeon which I can't get because the surgeon won't give me an appointment without the test results.

In the end I have decided to have all the test and vaccinations I need done through our family doctor here in the US (it will cost a lot more which is a pain but I am hoping our insurance will cover some of it) and then take all the paperwork with me to the civil surgeon and hopefully they will give me an appointment then. I am working on the theory that if I am able to get them from any of the clinics on the list they gave me then as long as the paperwork is in order it doesn't matter where I get them done. Is there any sort of certificate I need to prove I was vaccinated? All I got was a copy of the vaccination worksheet from the Nurse Practioner that did the shots. I'm going to try and get a letter from my doctor explaining all I've had done as well just to be on the safe side.

*fingers crossed* that will be enough to get me in for the physical. Its that or I start driving down to Indianapolis.

I just hope it works out OK as the idea of having all those needles again is not a good one.

I seem to have the opposite problem of a civil surgeon that doesn't want to do any tests, everyone seems to have civil surgeons trying to get them to take extra tests.

I would keep calling the civil surgeons! I'm out in Virginia and not Texas...but I had at least 20 or more surgeons in our area that I called. Some were annoying, some wouldn't give me a full price, and some were like you said... but I did find one that did all the vaccines and tests right in their office and we paid.... let me see... it was 305 for everything except the chicken pox then we had to pay an additional 160 when they figured out we needed that too! :)

That is really frustrating that you are having to go through all that... I read where a few people drove like 1-2 hours just to find a civil surgeon that did what they wanted for the right price.

And then if after all that you're still at a dead end do the other thing you were going to do?

Adjust from VWP:

Marriage on day 64

06/29/09 - AOS package sent

07/01/09 - Package received via FedEx @ Chicago

07/08/09 - Received NOA

07/27/09 - Received Advanced Parole document dated 7/22

08/04/09 - Biometrics Appointment

08/12/09 - Received EAD Card

08/14/09 - Applied for Social Security Card

09/15/09 - Interview in Fairfax, VA ***APPROVED***

09/15/09 - Card Production Ordered

09/19/09 - Welcome to the USA letter received.

09/24/09 - Green Card in Hand

Time from Application receipt to Approval: 76 days.

Remove conditions: 09/2011

Remove conditions initial application: 7/6/2011 Approval: 4/17/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Dr. Arnold has been in suite #114 for some time now, and the fee may have been up. Confirm this via a search here, but I seem to recall reading that he will not transcribe tuberculosis-test results, or some other hangup.

Civil sturgeon, n. - a polite, caviar-producing Russian fish.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I totally feel your pain. We are in central eastern Indiana and the civil surgeon thing was BY FAR the worst part of the whole process. A complete disaster. We ended up going to the one nearest one (in Ohio) and she was not at all cooperative. We then thought we'd be better off starting from scratch with a dr in Indy, but the appointments were so far in the future that it was not going to work. My husband ended up not having to get that huge list of vaccinations that you probably pulled off the USCIS website (thank goodness, because it's a ridiculous list!), so the downside to just going out and getting them in advance would be that you could very likely be getting a whole bunch that are neither needed nor advisable.

I think you have a good plan. As far as I know, you do need to stick with one doctor for the entire process (except for vaccinations), so if you go to one, and then they tell you that you need further shots or testing, you'll have to return to the original doctor for follow up and to get the signed certificate. So, that argues for going to a civil surgeon closer to home.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
In the end I have decided to have all the test and vaccinations I need done through our family doctor here in the US (it will cost a lot more which is a pain but I am hoping our insurance will cover some of it) and then take all the paperwork with me to the civil surgeon and hopefully they will give me an appointment then. I am working on the theory that if I am able to get them from any of the clinics on the list they gave me then as long as the paperwork is in order it doesn't matter where I get them done. Is there any sort of certificate I need to prove I was vaccinated? All I got was a copy of the vaccination worksheet from the Nurse Practioner that did the shots. I'm going to try and get a letter from my doctor explaining all I've had done as well just to be on the safe side.

*fingers crossed* that will be enough to get me in for the physical. Its that or I start driving down to Indianapolis.

I just hope it works out OK as the idea of having all those needles again is not a good one.

I seem to have the opposite problem of a civil surgeon that doesn't want to do any tests, everyone seems to have civil surgeons trying to get them to take extra tests.

The vaccination worksheet from the nurse practitioner should be sufficient to verify that you have had the necessary vaccinations. Make sure the name and address of the Dr's office is also included, or have it available in case they want to verify further.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Have you tried the county health department? Those places generally don't make appointments, but are first come first serve.

Timeline:

03/03/2009 - Arrival in the US!

05/03/2009 - Married!

05/28/2009 - Filed I-130, I-485, I-765!

06/04/2009 - Checks cleared!

06/08/2009 - I-765/I-130 NOA Received!

06/10/2009 - I-485 NOA Received!

06/11/2009 - Biometrics appointment letter, scheduled 06/23/2009

06/17/2009 - I-765/I-130 Touched!

06/19/2009 - Attempted early biometrics... they said nope!

06/23/2009 - Biometrics completed.

07/07/2009 - EAD card production ordered.

07/13/2009 - EAD card production ordered, again.

07/14/2009 - I-765 - Approval notice sent.

07/15/2009 - EAD card received!

07/20/2009 - SS Card applied for.

08/05/2009 - Received Interview letter - Scheduled 9/14!

09/14/2009 - Rescheduled because we moved to Dallas

10/14/2009 - Interview - approved!

10/23/2009 - GC Received.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I would keep calling the civil surgeons! I'm out in Virginia and not Texas...but I had at least 20 or more surgeons in our area that I called. Some were annoying, some wouldn't give me a full price, and some were like you said... but I did find one that did all the vaccines and tests right in their office and we paid.... let me see... it was 305 for everything except the chicken pox then we had to pay an additional 160 when they figured out we needed that too! :)

That is really frustrating that you are having to go through all that... I read where a few people drove like 1-2 hours just to find a civil surgeon that did what they wanted for the right price.

And then if after all that you're still at a dead end do the other thing you were going to do?

Can you help me I am in VA looking for a civil surgeon!!

I was just about to start calling around.

If you can not post can you PM me.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My husband went to a very good Civil Surgeon in Houston Texas. They were the 2nd place I called(the first place was clueless), they were so infomative, seemed like they did this 100 x's a day. It cost $150.00 for the full I-693 and trasfered his previous shots to the I-693. He did need the MMR shot though which cost $90.00. He also tested positive for TB so we had to get an x-ray but that only cost like $39.00. So was very please with price and knowledge.

You are not God, do not pass judgement, god will judge you. You are no better than anyone, stop acting as you are. You have to like yourself first before others do, do they really?. Stop trying to be a hero, you are not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.