Steve S

hating on the "newbies"

112 posts in this topic

"I have not yet begun to defile myself."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Well the Bad Advice/ Noob thread has like 200 pages so you definitely have a point. However with that being said most of the "noob bashing" is meant in jest.

Hmmm...last time I perused the thread, most of the "noob bashing" was by a bunch of jerks who wanted to feel better about themselves by putting down people who just needed help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well the Bad Advice/ Noob thread has like 200 pages so you definitely have a point. However with that being said most of the "noob bashing" is meant in jest.

Hmmm...last time I perused the thread, most of the "noob bashing" was by a bunch of jerks who wanted to feel better about themselves by putting down people who just needed help.

Could be... I posted exactly 1 reply in the thread & I bashed the bashers :P

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Could be... I posted exactly 1 reply in the thread & I bashed the bashers :P

Awww.. aren't you just a bunch of swell guys :D

We luvz you too.

Keep in mind that all of VJ is open territory, including regional threads. You are not "protected" here, anymore than in OT threads.

Talk nasty about people "behind their backs", and what does that make you? Yes, calling people "jerks" is an insult. For those who preach holier-than-thou, that's an interesting turn of phrase.

Filed: Timeline
Keep in mind that all of VJ is open territory, including regional threads. You are not "protected" here, anymore than in OT threads.

Interesting. Do you intend to attack us noobs?

Talk nasty about people "behind their backs", and what does that make you? Yes, calling people "jerks" is an insult. For those who preach holier-than-thou, that's an interesting turn of phrase.

You don't say.

By the way, calling somebody a jerk isn't a "turn of phrase." A turn of phrase is a phrase. For instance, "that's why they pay me the big bucks" is a turn of phrase. "Holier than thou" is a turn of phrase. "Jerk" is just a word, as in "Mox is being a jerk to the noob in the RU forum."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Interesting. Do you intend to attack us noobs?

You don't say.

By the way, calling somebody a jerk isn't a "turn of phrase." A turn of phrase is a phrase. For instance, "that's why they pay me the big bucks" is a turn of phrase. "Holier than thou" is a turn of phrase. "Jerk" is just a word, as in "Mox is being a jerk to the noob in the RU forum."

No, I have no intent to attack anyone. I saw this thread pop up yesterday, and so long as it was an internal discussion within the RU area, I minded my own business, having no reason to post here, nothing to contribute.

But the moment I see ad hominem attacks, I reserve the right to defend myself.

You clearly don't like me. That's fine. I really don't need your friendship nor care particularly what you think of me.

I do believe you've misjudged the spirit and intent behind what was n00bz and is now C4C - it's more social club than anything else.

The n00bz thread was shut down. You and your friends succeeded in your mission. But that's clearly not enough, so long as our little gang is still daring (gasp!) to be active on VJ, unrepentant, your victory over us is not complete. No, it's still necessary to open yet new threads here in the Russia forum and to continue to call us names.

Essentially, when you're done ... that's when I'm done. Not sooner. Not later.

Carry on all :star:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When I have perused VJ forums other than this one (believe me, I rarely bother anymore), I have noticed many derogatory smears against "noobs" or "newbies". As if the significance of one's opinions is proportionate to the number of blue or orange boxes under one's username. To me it seems to be elitist, bullying behavior. It reminds me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches with "stars upon thars".

Fortunately, this doesn't seem to happen in the Russia forum.

You guys rock.

Nor the Jamaican forum. We try to be welcoming and wish everyone luck!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
When I have perused VJ forums other than this one (believe me, I rarely bother anymore), I have noticed many derogatory smears against "noobs" or "newbies". As if the significance of one's opinions is proportionate to the number of blue or orange boxes under one's username. To me it seems to be elitist, bullying behavior. It reminds me of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches with "stars upon thars".

You guys rock.

I love the Sneetches.

I also like the one with the pants with no one in them.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

You guys rock.

I love the Sneetches.

He was referring to the point and moral of the story of the sneetches. There's no question the story rocks or that the existential quandry posed by the sneetches reflects manz precarious state as an ephemeral entity. B)

sneetches-711589.jpg

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You guys rock.

I love the Sneetches.

He was referring to the point and moral of the story of the sneetches. There's no question the story rocks or that the existential quandry posed by the sneetches reflects manz precarious state as an ephemeral entity. B)

sneetches-711589.jpg

Thank you captain obvious, but I do believe your sarcasm meter is in need of adjustment. :lol:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sneetches that beetches end up in deetches.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Sneetches that beetches end up in deetches.

:rofl:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.