kiray2008

Petitioned dad, hardheaded

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My dad doesn't want to listen to me. He is not living with me now. He's living with his friend who are just feeding him and are not providing any healthcare insurance. They make him work and does everything they ask him to do. I'm worried that he might get sick and encounter an emergency. What will I do? Can I ask the homeland security for him to be deported? Please reply to this because he's giving me a lot of problems. Can I ask the Homeland Security form him to be deported because I can't afford for him to stay here anymore? mY FAMILY IS GROWING AND HE'S JUST GIVING US PROBLEMS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My dad doesn't want to listen to me. He is not living with me now. He's living with his friend who are just feeding him and are not providing any healthcare insurance. They make him work and does everything they ask him to do. I'm worried that he might get sick and encounter an emergency. What will I do? Can I ask the homeland security for him to be deported? Please reply to this because he's giving me a lot of problems. Can I ask the Homeland Security form him to be deported because I can't afford for him to stay here anymore? mY FAMILY IS GROWING AND HE'S JUST GIVING US PROBLEMS

I don't get it. What is he doing that he could be deported for? If he's not living with you, what does the size of your family matter?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well it sounds like you are worried because you are financially responsible for him? However, being deported is not just a piece of cake. You have to actually do something illegal in the eyes of the goverment before you get deported, and your dad is definately not doing anything along those lines. Dependin on his age and status, maybe you can apply for his medicare and or medicaid. If he is living in a seperate household, then you are not financially supporting him, right?

If he is comfortable doing the work his friend is making him do, then I guess he is happy and probably won't fall sick if he is content.

dont worry

.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

well it sounds like you are worried because you are financially responsible for him? However, being deported is not just a piece of cake. You have to actually do something illegal in the eyes of the goverment before you get deported, and your dad is definately not doing anything along those lines. Dependin on his age and status, maybe you can apply for his medicare and or medicaid. If he is living in a seperate household, then you are not financially supporting him, right?

If he is comfortable doing the work his friend is making him do, then I guess he is happy and probably won't fall sick if he is content.

dont worry

You cannot ask for someone to be deported. So long as an LPR is not violating any laws, he/she is not deportable. One of the risk when petitioning for a family member is that the person will be a pain in the neck for the petitioner once he/she gets a green card. There is nothing you can do. You are not legally responsible for your dad. He is an adult. The only thing you are responsible for is reimbursing the government ever comes after you if your dad receives a means-based benefit.

Your dad does not qualify for Medicare as he has not paid into the system - it's an entitlement program. You may be liable for reimbursing for any Medicaid benefits your dad receives - this is a means-based program (i.e., welfare for the poor). Emergency Medicaid is not means-based.

Have you always had control issues?

Your father has a will of his own.

You can't use Homeland Security to spank him or bend him to your will.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Who is the Parent and who is the child????

You Father is an adult. You can not just have him deported just because in your eyes he is causing you some issues. He is not a disposable asset for you to send away when it is not convinent for you anymore.

Get on with your life and be happy that your father is getting on with his life, he does not need your approval to live his life.

You Father is an adult. You can not just have him deported just because in your eyes he is causing you some issues. He is not a disposable asset for you to send away when it is not convinent for you anymore.

Get on with your life and be happy that your father is getting on with his life, he does not need your approval to live his life.

Exactly right. You have a financial obligation as a sponsor; of which you knew -or should have known- when you sponsored him. You cannot "get him deported" because he won't live HIS life the way YOU want him to. Sheesh, really. :rolleyes:

He's your father! You agreed to act as his immigration sponsor, you signed the paperwork. Now just because it may cost you money you want him deported? And you want the government to foot the bill for you? "MY FAMILY IS GROWING AND HE'S JUST GIVING US PROBLEMS" - ####### is wrong w/ some people?!

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

You want to deport your father? :blink: Were you his sponsor? :unsure: If you were his sponsor and he has adjusted status-then you are responsible for making sure he does not become a public burden on everyone else.

This story is confusing. :blink:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Exactly right. You have a financial obligation as a sponsor; of which you knew -or should have known- when you sponsored him. You cannot "get him deported" because he won't live HIS life the way YOU want him to. Sheesh, really. :rolleyes:

Huh??? Where in the OP posting does it say anywhere that s/he sponsored the father?

That might be the case, but aren't we jumping to conclusions here?

All OP said was "I can't afford him". Maybe she meant she can't afford his 3-packs a day cigarette habit?

Huh??? Where in the OP posting does it say anywhere that s/he sponsored the father?

That might be the case, but aren't we jumping to conclusions here?

All OP said was "I can't afford him". Maybe she meant she can't afford his 3-packs a day cigarette habit?

Another thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=204182&hl=

That one says they petitioned the father.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

brother Scandal -- the title of the topic sayd "petitioned dad" so yup, I am assuming the OP is the sponsor. Then I read the bolded parts. Seems to me the OP wants her/his dad to dance to his/her drum; and that is plain wrong. And there is not a darn thing he/she can do to "get dad deported".

that's what I was referring to. Though I must add: my sense of responsibility to my elders is something very very ingrained in me. Hence, the thought of saying "I cannot will not do X or Y for my parents or my inlaws" plain sickens me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

In the header the OP states Petitioned dad.

To the OP why would you bring him here and then want to deport him? Was he a hardwoker before coming? We are missing some of the story like how was your dad in his home country supporting himself? What type of work etc? Maybe instead of the deprting thing you can help him find a job? You have been here loiger them him. And yes stop controlling the situation and deal with it as it will not go away. Do what you can to help him out................

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.