SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
You are right there is no harm in it for me. I just get sick of reading these posts about how SUPERIOR Phillipino brides are. And as you said, you have seen exactly what I am talking about. Any of you that haven't need to check out some of the pics. They speak for themselves.

Betsy, with all due respect - have you also seen the photos of MENA couples? Do you see where I'm going here? You can judge people's relationships based on the photos all you want, but do you really want to speak what goes on in your mind about it? In other words, don't judge a book by it's cover and remember the Golden Rule. :) Best wishes in the success of your international marriage. (F)

wut row.

:pop: i better get refills :pop:

Charles you know we MENA wives have too much class to even engage a comment like that. I have had my say and so has he. I doubt I changed anyone's mind and I KNOW they haven't changed mine. That's what makes freedom great isn't it?

Betsy El Sum

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Trinket,

I just want to comment on the things you have said earlier...

"Ok, you Filipino girls. I do like you and all that and I am not the type to bait, but seriously, don't you think this slogan of yours -- WE ARE THE BEST WIVES.........is getting a bit too far?"

The slogan saying that filipinas make the best wives in the world didn't come from us filipinas, but from foreigners who experienced how it is to be married to one. And I'm sure there are women from other nationalities who can be best wives to their husbands also.

"And about posting pictures of couple who have a large age difference, well I can't because that's against TOS rules and I know where to stop even if I don't want to stop. But you can always check the Visa Journey Gallery section and know and see what others do see there. I am no beauty queen, heck I am fat and all that, but I am not married to a grandpa either. "

If I'm not mistaken, couples with large age gap are not only common in Fil-Am households but also to others, and yes, even pure American households. So I think it all boils down to choices of who you want to be with. I understand that some people who are making this kind of thing an issue are thinking that it's all because those young filipinas just want to better their lives and I won't deny that since I've seen some of those kinds just roaming around here but I can't blame them. Everyone wants to better their lives and that's human nature. And that kind of thing is not exclusive to filipinas. I think in the end, what really matters is what the young filipina (or other nationalities) can bring into the marriage. The age difference is no longer an issue since it's their lives, their choices and their happiness...

"2 things I have objection about this--- We are the best wife, foreigners choose us than anyone else.

Number 1-- Have you lived in any other household where the guy is American but the wife is from some other country and not Philippines? By your statement that you do make the bestest wife, you are insulting me and every other woman of other nationality saying how we aren't cut for loving our husband. I didn't use the word caring, because I am sure my husband can take care of himself, if he needed a caregiver he should have lived with his mom or could have hired someone. "

Again, saying that filipinas make the best wives in the world didn't come from us filipinas, but from foreigners who experienced how it is to be married to one. And I'm sure there are women from other nationalities who can be best wives to their husbands also.

"Number 2--Do you really want to show your national heritage as being the chosen one as in a married material? Is that the pride that being a wife is everything in life, and that too a submissive wife, because a lot of you have attested in here that you let your man be the king of his castle. Really?? what about your own position, what about you being the partners, what about you having a say on finances and all that."

Being a marriage material is not only about being submissive and not having a position in the relationship, nor treating a man like a king. If I must say, not all filipinas are submissive. Being a marriage material is more about how you handle a relationship and what your values are. Just like in other nationalities, there are also filipinas who can be considered NOT a marriage material...

I agree with you about being a wife is not everything in life. But I think it all boils down to choices. For some women, it really is everything in life...So I think we just have to learn to respect that choice.

For the record, I'm not married yet but I will soon be...But before my fiance and I have agreed to get married, we have discussed who I'm gonna be in his life. I don't mind treating him like a king as long as I am his queen. And marriage is not about who is submissive and who is not, it's more of a partnership.

"And don't tell me its only the foreign men who pry upon Filipino women. I was an avid chatter back in the days and would always get IMs from Filipinos enquiring if I am a male or not........to clarify I had asexual id, so no one really knew my gender by reading my id name. My husband has also got a lot of those IMs, hell even my 58 year old dad get those, girls asking money after 2 days because they are in desperate situation. "

I won't deny this one. I'm sure there are also filipinas prying upon foreign men. Just like there are other nationalities doing the same thing...But I think they are outnumbered by the foreigners prying upon filipinas. Try to check Philippines chatrooms and you'll see that majority of people there are foreigners - Americans, Europeans, Middle Easterns, Indians, etc. I should know because I've met my fiance there...

"I don't want to keep ranting, but it would be nice for you girls to accept the reality. There are people who are looking for a way out of Philippines and they can and will do anything to achieve that. You read it everyday how an old man gets scammed by the young Filipina. I say it’s the fault of old man too, but whatever."

We're not denying anything. But I think you're being harsh to say that only women here in the Philippines do that when in fact it is happening in all places.

"Try to be a bit more humble towards other people, not every one who isn't married to a Filipino is also married to a monster. If you think you are doing a great work by asking your husband the first thing--- If you ate the food or not, you are wrong. I won't toot my own horn but there are people who have done more than that and they do it every day."

I don't know where you get that idea. But I don't think there's anyone here who said that if the person is not married to a filipino, he/she is married to a monster.

Chill out!!! ;)

Welcome to the Philippines Regional Forum! This is a wonderful place for Filipinas to be proud of themselves and their culture...and they have a lot to be proud of! :star:

If anyone doesn't like what they see here, then they are welcome to go have fun in any of the other forums.

~ Tahoma

PS...Filipinas make the best wives in the world!!! ;)

Welcome to the Philippines Regional Forum! This is a wonderful place for Filipinas to be proud of themselves and their culture...and they have a lot to be proud of! :star:

If anyone doesn't like what they see here, then they are welcome to go have fun in any of the other forums.

~ Tahoma

:thumbs::devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203227

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

You are right there is no harm in it for me. I just get sick of reading these posts about how SUPERIOR Phillipino brides are. And as you said, you have seen exactly what I am talking about. Any of you that haven't need to check out some of the pics. They speak for themselves.

Hey sweetheart, you don't have to read these threads or posts if you don't like what you are seeing. Can't be any simpler than that....

I don't ever see any Filipina getting into the MENA Forum to criticize or show jealousy like you are here.

I married my Beautiful Filipina wife because of her devotion to family and to marriage. :thumbs:

Relax. Take a deep breath. You'll be ok tomorrow. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just isn't worth it...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Also, usually, the foreigners are the one who are hunting for us filipinas, to be their wives. I agree with the the previous reply about filipinas. We are known to be the best (if not the best, one of the best) partner in life. I believe it's because of our upbringing which foreigners love so much.
and this assumption/"fact" of yours is based on what?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Also, usually, the foreigners are the one who are hunting for us filipinas, to be their wives. I agree with the the previous reply about filipinas. We are known to be the best (if not the best, one of the best) partner in life. I believe it's because of our upbringing which foreigners love so much.

personal experience ... or stereotyping :unsure:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203227

Hi Charles,

Hmmmm...Would like to hear your insight about this thread and the link you posted.

~Chinook

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

just noting that that is a presumptuous statement....i would have to wonder about the mentality of these men who "hunt" these women to be their wives....can't be only positive reasons...in any case, it's an offensive comment, but can't say that i am surprised honestly....

then again, this world isn't exactly utopia...

:)

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Timeline

just noting that that is a presumptuous statement....i would have to wonder about the mentality of these men who "hunt" these women to be their wives....can't be only positive reasons...in any case, it's an offensive comment, but can't say that i am surprised honestly....

Hey naku! Mag-alinlangan sa'yo?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

just an observation ...

when a person of one culture says their culture is better than other cultures ... well the conversation usually goes downhill after that ...

Edited by Natty Bumppo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just an observation ...

when a person of one culture says their culture is better than other cultures ... well the conversation usually goes downhill after that ...

Hey, if you'll read what I've said, there's nothing in there in which I've said that our culture is better than others. But I did say that it's loved by most foreigners. You don't need to have the better culture to be loved...

If it's fact or presumptuous? I think the OP answered that when he/she said that majority of beneficiaries of marriage-based visa applications are filipinos.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Betsy, with all due respect - have you also seen the photos of MENA couples? Do you see where I'm going here? You can judge people's relationships based on the photos all you want, but do you really want to speak what goes on in your mind about it? In other words, don't judge a book by it's cover and remember the Golden Rule. :) Best wishes in the success of your international marriage. (F)

wut row.

:pop: i better get refills :pop:

Charles you know we MENA wives have too much class to even engage a comment like that. I have had my say and so has he. I doubt I changed anyone's mind and I KNOW they haven't changed mine. That's what makes freedom great isn't it?

Only a legend in her own mind can say MENA wives have too much class. I can't stop chuckling. ¡Callate, estúpida!

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.