SAVM

Wow, the Philippines!

336 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I've got to ask, because some one has to do it, why are the Philippines so apparently overrepresented on VJ in terms of K-1 beneficiaries? I understand that the country makes up somewhere around 1.37% of the world population, but my sense is that somewhere around 75% of the k-1 beneficiaries on this site are from the Philippines. What gives?

boy am I going to run,what gives?

philipinas give!!!!

LOL :thumbs:

the quote above says it all..... :innocent::devil::blush:

as they say...

once you go PINOY...you never come back....oh BOY !!!!......hahahaha

Edited by ErosandSally

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
QUOTE (SAVM @ Jun 18 2009, 05:10 PM)

As nice as that sounds, I'm not sure there's any evidence to back up the fact that Philippina women make "better" wives than women of any other nationality. I don't think we're being honest with ourselves here.

There are plenty of evidence that among Filipinas are good women, many people said the same thing. there is this American woman who is an army and she happen to destined in the Philippines; she's surprised to know how great people there in general.... I'm not saying this because I'm a Filipina. :blush:

I agree with you, there are good women in any country. whether its the philippines or in columbia or any country. (F)

Edited by lotus101

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Each situation is different, but I think in general filipino women want a husband that treats them with respect and lets be honest offers them a better quality of life. Marrying an American or European man gives them the best chance of achieving these goals. Again every case is different but my filipino wife and I are extremely happy with each other... she is beautiful inside & out!

Excuse me!!... many of us Filipinos achieved our goals because we are hard working people NOT because we are married to American or European men. and besides is not neccesarily that we need to marry foriegn men in order for us to have a better quality life. :P

:bonk:

its not cool of you. just because you are married to a very poor dirt Filipina and you gave her a better life. now you want us to put ALL in ONE BASKET. :bonk:

Settle down! I am not accusing Filipino women of anything. American women do the same thing... they marry men that give them stability & a good life. In both cases (Filipino and American) of course they want a man that truly loves them & respects them, but the better quality of life is definitely part of the equation in many (if not most) cases. If you believe that this isn't a factor when Filipino women look for an American or European man I'm sorry but you are very naive.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

I've got to ask, because some one has to do it, why are the Philippines so apparently overrepresented on VJ in terms of K-1 beneficiaries? I understand that the country makes up somewhere around 1.37% of the world population, but my sense is that somewhere around 75% of the k-1 beneficiaries on this site are from the Philippines. What gives?

Steve,

I'm going to approach your question with an open mind.

Your claim of 75% may be a bit of an exaggeration. I would have to guess Filipinos make up about 20% of the K1 filers on VJ. You may argue that is still an overrepresentation. Keep in mind not all countries teach english in their school systems. I believe this is a big factor when trying to start or maintain a relationship. I think that single factor can explain quite a bit of the disparity.

Speaking purely from personal experience, I never intended to marry a Filipina. It just happened. After we met online I made it a point to find as many American men married to Filipinas as I could and listen to their stories. ALL, 100% WERE POSITIVE about their marriages. I can't say the same for American/American marriages, far from it.

When I found VJ, well after filing by the way, it was through Google.

So far, after knowing my wife for almost four years, I couldn't be happier.

I hope you, your future wife and future child have a great life together,

Kevin

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ms. Colombia,

There are far more websites advertising yourselves and other Latin women to men around the world not particularly among US citizens alone than compared to websites mainly for women of my culture and race. Notwithstanding the Russian agencies. How could your Colombian neurotransmitter come up with such a ridiculous suggestion as to limit K1 visas on women coming from my country when every woman in the world has an equal chance of meeting foreign men? Oh, now I can understand your train of thoughts. Your Colombian cranium must be dulled with the poppies from Medellin?

Ah Ms. Colombia, I am a Filipina and I have toured the world. Colombia is one part of which. We do not need to marry foreign nationals in order to tour the world Miss Colombia. And most certainly, we do not need foreign nationals to marry to achieve our goals in life.

However, it does seem to suggest fairly clearly that men need Filipinas in their lives. Or am I mistaken? Your initial question is in fact an answer. Oh my. Eating one's cake as well. SIGH. Statistically, I could turn the sheet for you. US Citizens take more than 50% of applications for K1 visas mainly for Filipinas. After all, the men hunted us. Now didn't you guys? I have not even started discussing issues of proximity between US and Colombia as against US and the Pearl of the Orient Seas...

HA HA HA

Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Ferdinand Espiritu

request the honor of your presence

at the marriage of their daughter

Angelie Helena

to

Gregory William Preston

Thursday, the Fifth of November

Two Thousand and Nine

at Six O'clock in the Evening

Preston Estate

Wetherington Drive, Cincinnati

Ms. Colombia,

There are far more websites advertising yourselves and other Latin women to men around the world not particularly among US citizens alone than compared to websites mainly for women of my culture and race. Notwithstanding the Russian agencies. How could your Colombian neurotransmitter come up with such a ridiculous suggestion as to limit K1 visas on women coming from my country when every woman in the world has an equal chance of meeting foreign men? Oh, now I can understand your train of thoughts. Your Colombian cranium must be dulled with the poppies from Medellin?

Ah Ms. Colombia, I am a Filipina and I have toured the world. Colombia is one part of which. We do not need to marry foreign nationals in order to tour the world Miss Colombia. And most certainly, we do not need foreign nationals to marry to achieve our goals in life.

However, it does seem to suggest fairly clearly that men need Filipinas in their lives. Or am I mistaken? Your initial question is in fact an answer. Oh my. Eating one's cake as well. SIGH. Statistically, I could turn the sheet for you. US Citizens take more than 50% of applications for K1 visas mainly for Filipinas. After all, the men hunted us. Now didn't you guys? I have not even started discussing issues of proximity between US and Colombia as against US and the Pearl of the Orient Seas...

HA HA HA

WOW! :wacko:

After all, the men hunted us. Now didn't you guys? HA HA HA

:no::star:

Owwss Really manong Bill?Not! :devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

After all, the men hunted us. Now didn't you guys? HA HA HA

:no::star:

uh oh!!! ATE MARIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

:devil:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.