Angie Y Shane

ADAM WALSH ACT WAS BEAT

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What exactly is the AWA Waiver? I have never found a form for this.

I do no tthink there is an official form.

It is a written document requesting a waiver from the AWA due to indvidual situations.

It is best written by a knowledgeable attorney who can back the waiver up if litigation is needed.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Pleas what's going on now? Did you find a lawyer in A?rizona? did you find any good criminal pshchologist in AZ? do you need a licensed polygraph examiner?

we are going to appeal just search a lawyer fron California... Please help if you some.

Sorry, I forgot my log in and FINALLY figured it out. Well we have been getting the run around. We have an amazing Lawyer, our file has been transferred to Vermont. We get NO ANSWERS. VERY frustrated. I just wish I could have a temp working visa during this time. This is going on 4 years now.

What exactly is the AWA Waiver? I have never found a form for this.

It is an Adam Walsh Act Waiver, in other words, the beginning of a nightmare.

• 2 years later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just a update to Adam Walsh act. Me and my wife's marriage is so wonderful. We went threw a long road and have moved past this whole immigration process and also gotten past the Adam Walsh Act that nearly broke us. For those petitioners out there that experience this type of case be patient and ready to support your case with allot of evidence.

Me and my wife now have three children together in the U.S. Everything is good in Vegas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations to you both.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello well here is the good news. I received my approval notice today. My case showed enough evidence i Pose no rosk to my wife. ADAM WALH WAS DEFEATED. Adam walsh filers rest at ease, style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/kicking.gif

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 2, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I worked very hard on this case. With polygraphs, letters from family memebers. I will work very hard this week for others to know my portfolio of what I sent to get this approved this week. Peaple that prayed for us thank you sooo much. God bless you all.

Shane & Angie

Do you have skype? I would to talk for 10min

Do you have skype? I would to talk for 10min

Do we need to file for a waiver? and get a lawyer? I studied loads of case study and it seems that it is possible to get approved if you know exactly what to submit

Just a update to Adam Walsh act. Me and my wife's marriage is so wonderful. We went threw a long road and have moved past this whole immigration process and also gotten past the Adam Walsh Act that nearly broke us. For those petitioners out there that experience this type of case be patient and ready to support your case with allot of evidence.

Me and my wife now have three children together in the U.S. Everything is good in Vegas.

Do we need to file a waiver? hire a lawyer?

I studied many cases and I feel like you can be approved if you submit all the evidences

Dude stay blessed....only last wk I read that 149 SRO have put in petitions

and only 9 has been successful so far since they started AWA a good thing

for minors safety , however good when things get sorted out fairly.....keep on

the same path & love your wife

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Please, what did you send to USCIS, please when was that conviction? (hope you don't mind) we are starting to refile, one of the lawyer said if recent conviction might be impossible but if long time ago and since then no more trouble, more chance to get approved. Thank you if you can share any experience or information. stressful !!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi you guys, I have the same problem with AWA in 2013 we filed i-130 and I-485 got both denied in March 2015 . We have 30 day to file a MTR and we did that and both have been received on april 10 ater waited yesterday my I-290 b was ordered that the motion to reopen be dismissed. the decision to deny is affirmed. but also stated that my husband has appeal yet the decision has not issue to this case.there for the underlying petition can not be reopened at this time and is considered denied unless the BIA rules otherwise. my Q is i do not understand the are denied my case yet my husband case is the keys to that. what will happen now with my denied of i-290b? if there is any luck with my husband appeal then what is my denied status? thank you in advance..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP hasn't logged on to VJ in 4 months; let's hope that you get an answer.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hopeful Applicant here - we are fighting this uphill battle with our initial reply to the NOID denied despite a pretty comprehensive and, we thought, compelling response on the part of our attorney.

We are drafting input for a Motion of Reconsider at this time. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well i am in the waiting game because of the awa. My application after interview was sent back to uscis and then onto nvc for further review . Sad thing is i do not fall under what is listed in the awa . Anyone with advice let me know . I have hired a lawyer but doesnt seem she is doing much imho .

• 6 months later...

Could you let me know what did you submit to prove that you are no risk to your wife?

Please let me know

Hello well here is the good news. I received my approval notice today. My case showed enough evidence i Pose no rosk to my wife. ADAM WALH WAS DEFEATED. Adam walsh filers rest at ease, style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/kicking.gif

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 2, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I worked very hard on this case. With polygraphs, letters from family memebers. I will work very hard this week for others to know my portfolio of what I sent to get this approved this week. Peaple that prayed for us thank you sooo much. God bless you all.

Shane & Angie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Op has not logged on to VJ for over a year, consequently, and this success story is 7 years old, this thread is now closed. Please make your own thread for your own case/ questions *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.