Angie Y Shane

ADAM WALSH ACT WAS BEAT

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi i decided to write in this topic...not sure who is remebering my case but yesterday my fiance got an email saying our petition was Approved!

we filed in september 2007 and we were approved yesterday....i cant really find my words because im still in shock and i feel like can be a joke ahahahha ....im going to let rest of Adam Walsh filers what will happen from now on!

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Hey Rachael congratulations!!!

My K1 case was pending since 2006 and we withdrew it in 2009.

Can you share with other AWA peitioners your experience with USCIS over these 2 years?

I-485, I-130, I-765

My timeline is in my profile

I-130 falls under AWA

Hi i decided to write in this topic...not sure who is remebering my case but yesterday my fiance got an email saying our petition was Approved!

we filed in september 2007 and we were approved yesterday....i cant really find my words because im still in shock and i feel like can be a joke ahahahha ....im going to let rest of Adam Walsh filers what will happen from now on!

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Please tell us about your case, and how you got it approved, what steps you took, what happened , etc, what was he charged with in the past, how long ago it had been between then and now, is he still on the registry?

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Hi nonversation, are you AWA peititioner? My husband is..

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Please tell us about your case, and how you got it approved, what steps you took, what happened , etc, what was he charged with in the past, how long ago it had been between then and now, is he still on the registry?

I-485, I-130, I-765

My timeline is in my profile

I-130 falls under AWA

Hi nonversation, are you AWA peititioner? My husband is..

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Yes I am, But I've learned to stay quiet on these forums as 80% of the people that are not IMBRA filers are not here to help you, but instead, they want you, or us to fail , by saying its not possible, or giving misinformation.

I have yet to release any detials of my case, unless its by PM only to other IMBRA filers. What I'm trying to do, Is complie a list of who gets approved vs who doesn't and what the cases were and what was submitted or not submitted. So at least future filers can have an idea of what chance they stand. Instead of being in this "grey area" of who is approved or not approved.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The fact is that USCIS is just beginning to be reasonable in reviewing AWA filers. Instead of routinely blocking them, USCIS is experimenting with guidelines to open the doors for selected petitioners. In a year's time, maybe it would be possible to determine a pattern of why some were approved, others not.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Over the past year or so I have periodically posted on this blog to update you about the status of a fiancé visa petition that a friend of mine filed with the USCIS in September 2007. My friend was convicted of having unlawful sex with a minor in the late 90s. I am an attorney and I agreed to help him navigate the immigration process.

In April 2009, my friend received a Notice of Intent to Deny from the USCIS. The Notice stated that the USCIS intended to deny his petition because he was ineligible to file a family-based immigration petition under the Adam Walsh Child Safety and Protection Act. In June 2009, my friend responded to the Notice by providing evidence to establish that he does not pose any threat or risk to his fiancé.

His evidence consisted of the following items: (1) A detailed personal statement discussing the factual background of his crime, his thoughts about (and expressions of remorse regarding) the unfortunate events that led to his conviction, and some background factual information about his relationship with his fiancé and his feelings for her; (2) a forensic psychological examination conducted by a licensed psychologist who specializes in the evaluation of sex offenders and regularly testifies during the sentencing phase of criminal trials regarding the dangerousness of convicted sex offenders; (3) letter of recommendation from a psychologist with whom my friend has consulted over the years to discuss issues in his life stating that my friend is not a dangerous person and presents no threat or risk to anybody, much less, his fiancé; (4) a certified copy of his criminal record to establish that he has only been convicted of one crime; (5) letters of support from his parents and other family members; (6) letters of support from his fiancé’s parents to demonstrate that they have met my friend, they know about his conviction and they fully support the marriage; (7) a letter from his fiancé stating that she is aware of the conviction and expressing her feelings for my friend; (8) a polygraph exam conducted by a licensed psychologist to show that he has not broken the law or been arrested since his criminal conviction over a decade ago, that his love and feelings for his fiancé are sincere, and that he intends to marry his fiancé and will not abuse her or otherwise mistreat her; (9) letters of recommendation from three of his friends who know about his commitment to his fiancé and his character; (10) letters of recommendation from volunteer organizations for which my friend volunteers; and (11) a letter of recommendation from his employer who knows about his conviction, his commitment to his fiancé and his character.

A few weeks ago my friend received a notice from the USCIS stating that his petition has been approved. The foregoing evidence will obviously not be appropriate for everybody because each case is different. I think you just have to think long and hard about your own personal situation, the people that you know who have credibility and who will go on record to support you and will vouch for your character. The Adam Walsh Act is a high hurdle and your burden of proof is extremely high. Think outside of the box, create a blueprint for the evidence that you need to submit and go get it. I hope this helps all of you and I wish you the best of luck with the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hi everyone please take a look on what "sfninerboy" wrote he is our friend and he helped us a lot so i ascked him to post on visa journey some more informations than i would know to write about our case,so he is talking about my approval and what me and my fiance send as evidences

Good luck Adam walsh filers

we keep in touch,

Rachel

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello well here is the good news. I received my approval notice today. My case showed enough evidence i Pose no rosk to my wife. ADAM WALH WAS DEFEATED. Adam walsh filers rest at ease, :dance:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 2, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I worked very hard on this case. With polygraphs, letters from family memebers. I will work very hard this week for others to know my portfolio of what I sent to get this approved this week. Peaple that prayed for us thank you sooo much. God bless you all.

Shane & Angie

Timeline
Hello well here is the good news. I received my approval notice today. My case showed enough evidence i Pose no rosk to my wife. ADAM WALH WAS DEFEATED. Adam walsh filers rest at ease, :dance:

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 2, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I worked very hard on this case. With polygraphs, letters from family memebers. I will work very hard this week for others to know my portfolio of what I sent to get this approved this week. Peaple that prayed for us thank you sooo much. God bless you all.

Shane & Angie

I am newer to here. Congradulations to you all!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Over the past year or so I have periodically posted on this blog to update you about the status of a fiancé visa petition that a friend of mine filed with the USCIS in September 2007. My friend was convicted of having unlawful sex with a minor in the late 90s. I am an attorney and I agreed to help him navigate the immigration process.

In April 2009, my friend received a Notice of Intent to Deny from the USCIS. The Notice stated that the USCIS intended to deny his petition because he was ineligible to file a family-based immigration petition under the Adam Walsh Child Safety and Protection Act. In June 2009, my friend responded to the Notice by providing evidence to establish that he does not pose any threat or risk to his fiancé.

His evidence consisted of the following items: (1) A detailed personal statement discussing the factual background of his crime, his thoughts about (and expressions of remorse regarding) the unfortunate events that led to his conviction, and some background factual information about his relationship with his fiancé and his feelings for her; (2) a forensic psychological examination conducted by a licensed psychologist who specializes in the evaluation of sex offenders and regularly testifies during the sentencing phase of criminal trials regarding the dangerousness of convicted sex offenders; (3) letter of recommendation from a psychologist with whom my friend has consulted over the years to discuss issues in his life stating that my friend is not a dangerous person and presents no threat or risk to anybody, much less, his fiancé; (4) a certified copy of his criminal record to establish that he has only been convicted of one crime; (5) letters of support from his parents and other family members; (6) letters of support from his fiancé’s parents to demonstrate that they have met my friend, they know about his conviction and they fully support the marriage; (7) a letter from his fiancé stating that she is aware of the conviction and expressing her feelings for my friend; (8) a polygraph exam conducted by a licensed psychologist to show that he has not broken the law or been arrested since his criminal conviction over a decade ago, that his love and feelings for his fiancé are sincere, and that he intends to marry his fiancé and will not abuse her or otherwise mistreat her; (9) letters of recommendation from three of his friends who know about his commitment to his fiancé and his character; (10) letters of recommendation from volunteer organizations for which my friend volunteers; and (11) a letter of recommendation from his employer who knows about his conviction, his commitment to his fiancé and his character.

A few weeks ago my friend received a notice from the USCIS stating that his petition has been approved. The foregoing evidence will obviously not be appropriate for everybody because each case is different. I think you just have to think long and hard about your own personal situation, the people that you know who have credibility and who will go on record to support you and will vouch for your character. The Adam Walsh Act is a high hurdle and your burden of proof is extremely high. Think outside of the box, create a blueprint for the evidence that you need to submit and go get it. I hope this helps all of you and I wish you the best of luck with the process.

With your friend's approval, that he poses no risk to his/her beneficiary..does that also apply if there is a derivative beneficiary?

Timeline

Best wishes AW filers!

Rachel

Hey Rachel,You must feel like sackless after such a long time waiting, right? Congradulations!!!

My husband is a convicted sex offender too. I have a question concerning on our case, please help us out by answering my question if you could.

We received the NOID letter from USCIS in October. However, before they make the final decision, they ask we submit the evidence to show my husband "pose no risk to both me and my daughter". My husband went to see a psychologist and did sevral test including the polygraph test. However, the doctor say they can not issue any absolutely positive report to mention he has no risk since they can not do this to anyone. Could you tell me how you did on your case to show you have no risk to your wife. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Shane & Angie

Shane @ Angie, Congradulations!

Could you please tell us how you showed no risk to your wife? What did the psychologist do on you? And what was exactly mentioned on the doctor's report? We are facing the same challenge right now. Please help us, thanks!!!!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Congradulations!!!

My husband is a convicted sex offender too. I have a question concerning on our case, please help us out by answering my question if you could.

We received the NOID letter from USCIS in October. However, before they make the final decision, they ask we submit the evidence to show my husband "pose no risk to both me and my daughter". My husband went to see a psychologist and did sevral test including the polygraph test. However, the doctor say they can not issue any absolutely positive report to mention he has no risk since they can not do this to anyone. Could you tell me how you did on your case to show you have no risk to your wife. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A polygraph will never be able to show "No risk"... What it should demonstrate is a positive result that your husband has truthfully indicated that he:

1) Has not committed another sex offense since his conviction.

2) Has complied with all of the conditions of his sentence.

3) Recognizes that he did wrong (accepts responsibility) and is remorseful of his actions.

Likewise a counselor can give a report or letter stating only what they know to be factual such as "He has continued to attend counseling session and/or actively participates in offender groups therapy" and things of that nature which demonstrate a desire on his part to not re-offend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.