married1989

WHAT ARE THE TOP COUNTRIES????

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Other countries which have been left out are-- Nigeria, West Indies, Columbia.

Basically any country whose per capita income is way less than USA and also the countries US see as potential terrorist threats. That's why a lot of background check goes for people coming from Islamic countries.

Age difference, previous divorce, financial position won't matter if the couple belongs to alliance countries :P

Hi Trinket,

You wrote "financial position won't matter if the couple belongs to alliance countries" I'm just curious as to how you know this? My Wife and I have no money saved and i'm worried about it. I'm Australian and we are U.S allies.

Sam.

Financial position of USC always matter, because he/she has to provide with i-864 or else get a joint sponsor. What I meant was financial position of Beneficiary won't really matter..........say someone from Australia itself living in a very poor condition won't be asked that many questions compared to someone from India with almost the same kind of poverty ridden background.

Also money saved isn't the base out here, but the question is does your wife earn 125% of poverty line in her household.

Thanks for clarifying.

What do you mean by the phrase "stay put" here ? Does it mean that even if you have AP, you won't be allowed back into the country ?

You have to clear the AP before coming into USA as beneficiary. So you stay put in your country till you are cleared with AP and issued your visa.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
2009-05-04 : NOA2 Hard copy arrived in the mail. any time I call NVC they don't have my cuse ..

how long it take to get to the NVC ???

1 to 3 weeks

When my I-129F and I-130 was approved, I kept calling the NVC auto system and hearing no case number. Then I talked to an actual person there and they confirmed is not in the system yet , They said it would take 6-8 weeks and it my take up to 90 days and how long I should wit ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2009-05-04 : NOA2 Hard copy arrived in the mail. any time I call NVC they don't have my cuse ..

1 to 3 weeks

When my I-129F and I-130 was approved, I kept calling the NVC auto system and hearing no case number. Then I talked to an actual person there and they confirmed is not in the system yet , They said it would take 6-8 weeks and it my take up to 90 days and how long I should wit ???

it takes from 2-30 days max ...

u shouldnt worry ..just be patience please

Good Luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
What do you mean by the phrase "stay put" here ? Does it mean that even if you have AP, you won't be allowed back into the country?
You have to clear the AP before coming into USA as beneficiary. So you stay put in your country till you are cleared with AP and issued your visa.

Is one of you defining "AP" as "administrative processing" and the other as "advance parole"?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

1 to 3 weeks

it takes from 2-30 days max ...

u shouldnt worry ..just be patience please

Good Luck

thank you :innocent:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
My guess is that Nigeria is in there also.

Nigeria, ahh, you mean that place with the friendly generous banker who will send you $500K if you just send him $5K to process the paperwork?

:lol: < no offense intended

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

My guess is that Nigeria is in there also.

Nigeria, ahh, you mean that place with the friendly generous banker who will send you $500K if you just send him $5K to process the paperwork?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know I am just AMAZED that there are people who ACTUALLY fall for the 419'ers scams? You know some are fallin' for it or there wouldn't be so many attempting to get money that way. I get those emails from the UK and China all the time too.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

can anyone tell me, in which phase of the visa process is the AP -background check- done (if)?

05-08-2009 Mailed DS-230

05-13-2009 NVC website sign on failed

05-14-2009 NVC Case Complete

xx-xx-2009 Case left NVC

06-02-2009 interview date Assigned

07-08-2009 Interview

xx-xx-2009 Visa in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.