a-jeanne

Husband's email to other woman....what do you think? Should I be upset?

53 posts in this topic

All I'll say is that in a relationship, neither party should have anything to hide. Knight and I have told one another every little thing that we may have done wrong, or thoughts we've had, and he has my email passwords and such as I have his. There are things that we may be afraid to share but when you do, it feels so amazing. The trust should be such in one another that even if someone is having stray thoughts (though I'll say we've been lucky enough that this has never happened between us :)), you should be able to discuss it openly. The other person might be a little hurt but it doesn't mean that those difficulties or that rough patch cannot be overcome. After all, such things do tend to be fleeting, and addressing what's missing in the relationship you have that causes the other to stray will keep it from happening again. It will also renew the sense of trust on both sides, and make it so much easier for either of you to discuss anything -- and I mean anything.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You posted this on April 6, 2009 so you would be the one to know better if you should be upset or not.

Divorce or Annulment?

I would appreciate any help here. My husband has just received his conditional residence papers in February. We will be married one year in May and things have gone downhill in a hurry. The adjustment has been too much for him and he has involved way too many people in our relationship. IE ex wife, ex sister in law, ex female coworker and has been very inappropriate with email and Skype with them. We have been seeing a counselor since September and he simply refuses to take ownership for what this has all done to me. I have also lost close friends here due to his behavior.

Where are we in the process - what will be next with the K-1? Should I file for divorce or an anullment? Doesn't he have to yet prove a relationship? He really can't because he has nothing here in our name and he still uses his UK address when he orders things through the mail. He has accounts overseas, a house in the UK that he paid cash for and also retirement accounts that I know nothing about. Will they deport him with not enough proof?

Now, he wants to fly to Vancouver to spend some time with his son. I need to protect myself and my two children. I don't want him to leave me with nothing. Help me please. I'm at the end of my rope.

talk to him what's the real deal.....

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

All I'll say is that in a relationship, neither party should have anything to hide. Knight and I have told one another every little thing that we may have done wrong, or thoughts we've had, and he has my email passwords and such as I have his. There are things that we may be afraid to share but when you do, it feels so amazing. The trust should be such in one another that even if someone is having stray thoughts (though I'll say we've been lucky enough that this has never happened between us :)), you should be able to discuss it openly. The other person might be a little hurt but it doesn't mean that those difficulties or that rough patch cannot be overcome. After all, such things do tend to be fleeting, and addressing what's missing in the relationship you have that causes the other to stray will keep it from happening again. It will also renew the sense of trust on both sides, and make it so much easier for either of you to discuss anything -- and I mean anything.

Magpie.

Ditto.

We tell each other every dark thought that passes through our minds. It brings us closer together because we're able to express our feelings, ask for help, settle confusions, etc.. I never hesitate to ask him about something that pissed me off, and he doesn't feel afraid to tell me I'm out of line.

And for the record, I wouldn't even have a problem if my fiance were still friends with his exes; that might sound strange to some, but he lets me know how he feels on a daily basis and I trust him 100%.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
All I'll say is that in a relationship, neither party should have anything to hide. Knight and I have told one another every little thing...

Magpie.

Ditto.

We tell each other every dark thought that passes through our minds. It brings us closer together because we're able to express our feelings, ask for help, settle confusions, etc.. I never hesitate to ask him about something that pissed me off, and he doesn't feel afraid to tell me I'm out of line.

And for the record, I wouldn't even have a problem if my fiance were still friends with his exes; that might sound strange to some, but he lets me know how he feels on a daily basis and I trust him 100%.

Magpie, that's awesome.

Gemmie, I'm like you. It's funny how even if you have baggage from the past, with the right person you can still trust 100%.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Sending emails to another man/woman especially if it's connected in your past is a BIG QUESTION MARK in my mind. Of course it depends on the email. But the way I feel in that email is the husband is advancing on something. Since it is not happening yet (the chatting and other forms of communication) get ready for your next move. Be vigilant and if he starts moving forward to that, talk to him just ONCE. There should be no second time around. If he promise on something do not believe him at an instant. Keep an open eye and mind, I know that would be difficult. It's very painful to be surprise in the end so better be prepared. From my experience if a man did something bad in a relationship the first time, a very big percentage he will do it some other time. I always believe that ONCE is enough.

We as wives should live ourselves more before anyone else.

People on here are way too quick to advise divorce. What happend to "til death do us part"? Marriage doesn't just happen, it takes work, and if you guys really love each other, seek counceling. Talk to your pastor/priest if your religious. Find out why he is having thoughts like these, because at minimum its emotional adultery he is flirting with here.

While everyone feels differently about such situations, I'll simply chime in with my own ideas: you should never have to "fight" for the person you love and who is supposed to love you. I'm not saying that means that a relationship doesn't take work; it most certainly does. If two people are having problems like communicating, or arguments within the arena of your specific relationship (you feel he's inconsiderate, you feel she's unadventurous, you butt heads, arguing ensues, etc), that's one thing. That's something you can work on because you can at least safely assume that both people are invested in the relationship and love one another, they just have a hard time relating on some levels and staying in sync as a couple.

But when you're talking about one partner's love being diverted to someone else, that's another thing entirely. Hell, PHYSICAL infidelity (like a one-night stand) could be worked through, it would be hurtful, but it never necessarily means that your spouse is in love with the "other" person. Emotional infidelity is just a whole other ballpark. That's the one thing that should never be in question: their love for you and only you. If I felt like I had to beg someone to love only me, or "keep tabs" on them just to make sure they're emotionally committed, it wouldn't feel right.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone the way it makes sense to me, but you shouldn't have to struggle to have someone love you. Yes, we all get wandering eyes and find ourselves physically attracted to the opposite sex. Yes, we have differences that sometimes manifest in anger and confusion. But I think the ONLY thing that ever makes a relationship worth working on or "fixing" is one where both people at least still have a basic, unchanged love for each other.

If that love isn't there, and the other person is fickle enough to "be in love" with someone else (ESPECIALLY after you've just reunited), then I personally don't see much hope. That person sounds like his "love" is just a randomly gifted novelty that is subject to change on a whim. Were it me, I'd be gone. Relationships can be challenging enough without having to worry whether or not your spouse even fundamentally LOVES you.

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

mmmmmm wow that sucks, i see he states that if he where 15 yrs younger just tell him, hay nobody wants your old butt, but me so deal with it lol nah im playing just talk to him thats the best thing to do is talk with each other try to work things out and if he does not work out then go back to london there r sum hott english guys out there :) Im sure u can find a few. ( sorry i have to much pride on stuff like this im probley just telling u what i would do lol ) But just talk with your guy, u dont have to tell him about the email are if u want to tell him, even though you should not be looking at them lol trust issues " even though we all have done it are done somthing like that be4 dont let anyone on this post say they did not one time are another we are all nosiy"

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Jeanne - I would first of all confront him about the email - tell him that you came across this email and ask him whats it all about. see what he says, and take it from there. i would express all of your feelings to him aswell. dont keep it in.

I have a somewhat similar issue with my new husband (who is still "talking to/emailing" his previous gf's and he knows I do not want this - he tells me he isnt in contact with them). I know he lies when i ask him questions, because i already know the answers to those questions. I ask him to see what he says. Although, I have told him that if I find out he's had any intimate relationship with another woman while we have been married, I will leave him in a heartbeat even if it hurts. He says he has done nothing. And as he's my husband, I can only trust him and his word until i see something physical going on with my own eyes.

If you love him, you will work through it. But would recommend that you speak to him about it. Otherwise you'll start dreaming up worse ideas in your head. And I am speaking from experience! Talk to him....the worst thing to happen is you'll have an argument, be angry for a short while, make up, and life goes on....

Hope my advice helps....

Ciao D x

Deidre,

I was concerned to read that your husband lies to you. From one aussie to another, take care girl.

USCIS JOURNEY

14-Sep-08 Sent I-130

23-Sep-08 Recieved NOA1

28-Oct-08 Received NOA1

09-Feb-09 Received RFE for I-130

16-Feb-09 Sent Evidence for I-130

26-Feb-09 Received email NOA2 Approved!

28-Feb-09 Received Approval notice for I-130

NVC JOURNEY

12-Mar-09 NVC Received File

17-Mar-09 Emailed DS 3032 to NVC

28-Mar-09 Received DS3032 and AOS Bill via email

28-Mar-09 Paid AOS Bill online - Status = In Process

29-Mar-09 Emailed scanned DS3032 & posted via snail mail

30-Mar-09 Received email that DS3032 was received by NVC and that IV Bill will be sent

31-Mar-09 Paid IV Bill

31-Mar-09 AOS Bill Status = PAID !!!

06-Apr-09 Hubby posted DS230 and AOS priority and certified

08-Apr-09 @11:04am - Item Delivered PORTSMOUTH NH 03801 04/08/09 11:02am

10-Apr-09 NVC AVR states documents received

17-Apr-09 AVR states Case Complete at NVC!!!

21-Apr-09 Expedite request approved

24-Apr-09 Case sent from NVC to Sydney Consulate

29-Apr-09 Medical Appointment - Passed, YIPPEE and Thank You God !

05-May-09 Interview scheduled at Sydney Consulate APPROVED!!!

16-May-09 - Arrived in USA!!!!

20-May-09 Got my SSN.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
mmmmmm wow that sucks, i see he states that if he where 15 yrs younger just tell him, hay nobody wants your old butt, but me so deal with it lol nah im playing just talk to him thats the best thing to do is talk with each other try to work things out and if he does not work out then go back to london there r sum hott english guys out there :) Im sure u can find a few. ( sorry i have to much pride on stuff like this im probley just telling u what i would do lol ) But just talk with your guy, u dont have to tell him about the email are if u want to tell him, even though you should not be looking at them lol trust issues " even though we all have done it are done somthing like that be4 dont let anyone on this post say they did not one time are another we are all nosiy"
Efforts on your part to write in comprehensible English may enable all readers of your posts to understand and perhaps appreciate what you intend to say. As it is, the difficulty of your posts is the message that people are receiving, rather than the content of your messages.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

wot a predator, he needs rehab.

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

If that love isn't there, and the other person is fickle enough to "be in love" with someone else (ESPECIALLY after you've just reunited), then I personally don't see much hope. That person sounds like his "love" is just a randomly gifted novelty that is subject to change on a whim. Were it me, I'd be gone. Relationships can be challenging enough without having to worry whether or not your spouse even fundamentally LOVES you.

SterlingGirl, i LOVE your posts! Your words are so insightfull, so sane and balanced...your mind is GOLD girl. This Forum and your husband are very lucky to have you. :thumbs:

As for the OP, i hope you resolved your issues and your in a better state of mind at present.

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Sorry to read that you are going through this in your marriage. Your counselor is correct, your emails are his emails. We all have a past and are entitled to maintain our friendships, but transparency is very important in any relationship, especially marriage.

I do think that you need to talk to your husband about this and your feelings, because I do believe that every effort should be made to save the marriage, but IMO, the words he wrote belong to his wife, not another woman.

If your marriage is important to him, he will not want to cause you unhappiness, but that does not mean you should not be watching with eyes wide open.

Unfortunately, cyber relationships outside of the marriage are on the rise and it is a hotly debated topic, but they seem to play a role in many divorces today. (Some, not all.)

Wishing you all the best and good luck,

2manypapers

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
Efforts on your part to write in comprehensible English may enable all readers of your posts to understand and perhaps appreciate what you intend to say. As it is, the difficulty of your posts is the message that people are receiving, rather than the content of your messages.

Second that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.