How can we help Estadia (Sara)??

215 posts in this topic

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is very sad :angry: You are in our prayers.

Count us in.

Just returned from Lagos and enjoyed every moment spent with my african King. Thirty-three days of enjoyment.................... We shall be together soon, for life. Amen

"There is no stopping us"

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Nigeria

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-17(hardcopy)

USCIS touch : 2009-01-22

Called to NVC: 2009-01-30 package still there

Called to NVC: 2009-02-27 still in AP

Called to NVC: 2009-03-11 still there

Called to NVC: 2009-03-12 OUT OF BONDAGE, Thank You Jesus

Package arrived @ Embassy: 2009-03-17

Package picked-up: 2009-03-23

Interview Scheduled For First Week Of May 2009

Passed Medicals : 2009-04-27

K1 Denied per Man: 2009-07-05

Another Delay, We shall be together......... Giving up is not an option, with God all things are possible.

God always hears and answers prayer,

Though long may be the trial.

Let patience bloom while God prepares;

Delay is not denial. But come, the answer surely must,

For God has never lied. And faith, which looks at God in trust,

God never has denied. For God is not a man that he should Lie.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been through 6 pages of this thread and I am IN too along with my fiance.

Now, I guess the next step is to appoint a person to serve as a spokesperson of this petition. Can KimandRuss take care of that?

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Just so you are all aware... Sara has sent me every document she has with regards to her case. I will be compliling a package with timeline to send off to anyone who will listen....government, media, etc. Perhaps I will add a petition to it for us all to sign and, if sara is not opposed to it, make the package available on my server for others to send to any contacts they may have.

Maybe a nice idea to add: Whenever there is a petition, maybe there should be blank pages available online, all with the same lay-out, saying name, address, telephone and those kind of things that you usually see on a petition form, but let's not do it online as, like others also said, it might not be recognized as a true petition. Instead it would be good to have people download the petition papers and send it to 1 address so 1 person can bundle them together and send it all to one (or multiple) locations.

Maybe, in addition to the above, the other pages in the package can also be downloaded and be send to one person who then sends them out to various other locations (media, reps, congress, etc etc etc).

Reason is, if we all send something on our own, then one package will end up here, the other will end up there, and all at different times... if, instead, everything is send as a whole, then they might see the impact of it all (plus it will give some of us also the time to actually find other people outside of VJ who are willing to sign also).

I think it will be more organized and structurized, and it will deliver a bigger impact this way.

Edit: As for the money that is needed to send the whole package off to all those locations, maybe all of us can send a few bucks along with the papers that is send to the person who is handling it.

Edited by JeroenAndMichelle

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

count me in too!

ROC

06/01/2011 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

06/02/2011 - Package arrived and signed for at CSC

06/02/2011 - NOA receipt date

06/06/2011 - Check cashed

06/07/2011 - NOA arrived in the mail

06/15/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/11/2011 - Biometrics appointment

02/02/2012 - Phoned USCIS and put in a service request

02/08/2012 - Email from USCIS confirming my request

02/11/2012 - Letter from USCIS - says i should receive news within 30 days

03/14/2012 - Phoned USCIS again. 30 days has passed. no news. Took details again.

03/15/2012 -Received letter from USCIS - have to go to interview April 24th

04/24/2012 - Interview and ROC approved!!

05/07/2012 - Received email, card production ordered

05/11/2012 - Green card arrived

N-400

06/22/2012 - Mailed N-400 package to Phoenix/AZ Lockbox

06/26/2012 - NOA date

06/28/2012 - Check cashed

06/29/2012 - NOA arrived in the mail

07/02/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter arrived in mail

07/19/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/30/2012 - Received text +email. Application placed in line for interview

07/30/2012 - Received text +email in evening - interview letter sent

08/03/2012 - Received interview letter

09/19/2012 - Interview - passed interview/test!!

10/24/2012 - Oath Ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright... Here's the first draft of the petition (unless someone else is already writing one). Let me know what you all think. Is it too simple? Should I elaborate more? Any grammatical errors? Was anyone else planning on writing it? If so, you can just disregard this! I plagiarized a bit from one of KimandRuss' posts. I hope that's okay!

So once we have a final draft, we'll need to figure out who to ask permission from here on VJ before starting the signatures. I really like JeroenAndMichelle's idea about mailing all the signatures to one location.

Thanks for any and all input. Let's get this thing moving!

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Alright... Here's the first draft of the petition (unless someone else is already writing one). Let me know what you all think. Is it too simple? Should I elaborate more? Any grammatical errors? Was anyone else planning on writing it? If so, you can just disregard this! I plagiarized a bit from one of KimandRuss' posts. I hope that's okay!

So once we have a final draft, we'll need to figure out who to ask permission from here on VJ before starting the signatures. I really like JeroenAndMichelle's idea about mailing all the signatures to one location.

i dont know anything about petitions like this but it sounds good to me thankyou

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

by the way this is the letter i received today from them.

The Status of this service request is:

Your petition is currently pending. The process of this case has been delayed as USCIS is currently awaiting

the results of required security checks. Though the background checks for the most applications or petitions are completed very quickly, some of the cases have unresolved background issues that temporary delay adjudication of the application or petition. Although UCSIC makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, the agency can not move forward until all outstanding issues have been resolved to our satisfaction. USCIS weill make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete.

ok thats the last letter i got today and its still same old stuff been getting for about a year now... some of the letters said processing but this one clearly says pending :angry:

sara

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just let me know when you have the final draft Chris and Steph. I am game for this!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I haven't been online for a few days so I just saw this, but WOW.....It's about time something was done. LAst I read was Sara had gotten an RFE.

I'm willing to do what I can, petition signing etc. I don't know many people over here but might I suggest setting up a group on Facebook too so that all VJer's friends can see it. Maybe we can all link it to our FB profiles and then those people wo we're only semi friendly with get an opportunity to sign it to?

Did that make any kind of sense? I mean I have friends on FB purely through Mafia Wars, and I know nothing else about them, but they may be willing to help........

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I haven't been online for a few days so I just saw this, but WOW.....It's about time something was done. LAst I read was Sara had gotten an RFE.

I'm willing to do what I can, petition signing etc. I don't know many people over here but might I suggest setting up a group on Facebook too so that all VJer's friends can see it. Maybe we can all link it to our FB profiles and then those people wo we're only semi friendly with get an opportunity to sign it to?

Did that make any kind of sense? I mean I have friends on FB purely through Mafia Wars, and I know nothing else about them, but they may be willing to help........

I thought about that. i would join a group on FB! u know how to set up a group?

Chris and Steph...sounds good to me!

Edited by PB&JAM

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jere. 29:11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

th

Marriage: 01-26-2032

homesick: 01-30-2032

Divorce: 10-13-2032

you will stay married for 290 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately, I'm not up to this task anymore. Feel free to copy the petition draft that I started. I just am not really able to function at all at this point. Although you can no-longer count on me to write the petition, you can still count on my signature.

I flew to Ontario from Washington State after Chris' father called me to tell me that Chris had been hit by a car while crossing the street. When I arrived, I found Chris laying in a coma in a hospital bed in ICU with a black eye and brain damage so severe that his head was swelling. The hospital told us that he would not recover and it was only a matter of time. Later that night, his parents decided to cut his life support and he died within a few hours.

I hadn't seen Chris since November. He always said, "we'll see each other soon enough... why waste the money?"

I know this whole process of waiting sucks, but... be grateful that you have someone to wait for, because it could be gone just like that.

I'll be gone from VJ for a while, but... part of me wants to become some sort of immigration activist. So, we'll see.

Take care everyone, and best of luck to all of you on your visa journey!

04/08/09: The worst day of my life

Unfortunately, I'm not up to this task anymore. Feel free to copy the petition draft that I started. I just am not really able to function at all at this point. Although you can no-longer count on me to write the petition, you can still count on my signature.

I flew to Ontario from Washington State after Chris' father called me to tell me that Chris had been hit by a car while crossing the street. When I arrived, I found Chris laying in a coma in a hospital bed in ICU with a black eye and brain damage so severe that his head was swelling. The hospital told us that he would not recover and it was only a matter of time. Later that night, his parents decided to cut his life support and he died within a few hours.

I hadn't seen Chris since November. He always said, "we'll see each other soon enough... why waste the money?"

I know this whole process of waiting sucks, but... be grateful that you have someone to wait for, because it could be gone just like that.

I'll be gone from VJ for a while, but... part of me wants to become some sort of immigration activist. So, we'll see.

WOT???? I've read this 10 times in disbelief!!! I'm totally shocked & devastated for you...OMG I am so sorry!! This is just terrible news.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss, I don't know what to say except my prayers & thoughts are with you (F) (F) (L)

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm so very sorry. I cant imagine what you are going through, but know that you have many people thinking of you and your family.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.