JenT

How did you find your way to VJ?

How did you find your way to VJ?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find your way to this web site?

• Web search engine, looking for immigration info
    • Web search engine, not specifically looking
    • Linked by another web site
    • Linked by a blog
    • Referred by a friend or family member
    • Random coincidence
    • Other

50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Found it while searching for info on I-129F and fiancee visa. For the immigration benefits, I'm glad I did. For the drama... well... not everything is perfect.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think I was on immigrate2us.net & I read about VJ..............logged on & have been hooked ever since ;)

I couldn't have done anything without everyone here-that is for sure!

yeah me too :thumbs:

or was it ILW.com or is it net, I don't remember. From that first day I became a vj-addict :lol: .

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Other Timeline

I ticked 'looking for immigration info' although that's not quite accurate.

I was googling for websites that contained ANY info about long-distance relationships. Found one couples website that mentioned obtaining a Walsh visa for the British boyfriend so he could come to the states for a longer stay - so he and the American woman could get to know each other better.

Started googling for visa information and ended up here!

*smirk*

My original goal was to draw my alimony for as long as possible while my Irish boyfriend and I shacked up in America.....

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

LMAO Becca.....love the response!

I was also looking for LDR online too...support groups and that sort of thing....then when Joel and I talked marriage I looked for info on marrying someone from another country. That led me to VJ. Subsequently I told Joel about it and then he joined and here we are! :luv:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I ticked 'looking for immigration info' although that's not quite accurate.

I was googling for websites that contained ANY info about long-distance relationships. Found one couples website that mentioned obtaining a Walsh visa for the British boyfriend so he could come to the states for a longer stay - so he and the American woman could get to know each other better.

Started googling for visa information and ended up here!

*smirk*

My original goal was to draw my alimony for as long as possible while my Irish boyfriend and I shacked up in America.....

You are so funny! :lol:

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

a friend refered, me, now all my friends think i am some kind of visa expert. lol.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

At random I called an attorney's office to make an appointment. After explaining what I needed to discuss with the attorney (at the time I was trying to get my Fiance' here) I was told that my case was so straightforward and simple that it would be better to do the paperwork myself. During this conversation I was also referred to the website of VJ. So ... here I am!

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I used to read a forum they had up on Orkut (kind of a myspace thing) for K1 beneficiaries and they decided to close it. It was referred to me by one of the other girls who used to post there.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I was referred by a laboratory instrument technician who happened to have a fiance in another country. I happened to be off work the day he came in to work on our instrument. My co-worker asked how he had been, when he had told her he had just came back from meeting someone on the internet, she asked if he had gotten married too. As I had just recently gotten back from Turkey as a married lady, I am rather a private person and no one but me knew what my intentions were for going abroad at work. I had already filed my papers for both I-130 and K3 and thought I understood the whole process....well she called me at home. Him and I talked a bit about our love lifes and he directed me here...and boy I have learned alot...I think I would have done ok without VJ, but it is so nice knowing that there are other real people xperiencing the same excitement and turmoil long distance relationships have and the long wait for each step of the visa process.

Thanks for being here VJ!!!!

OUR K-3 INTERVIEW WAS ON NOV. 1ST @ 10:00!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!

WE ARRIVE IN THE USA ON NOV. 10TH!!!

Its been so long since I joined I don't remember! :P

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you google! I was looking for long-distance-relationship/immigration stories and here VJ was...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!