SteveColo

Has THIS affected your health?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

4 months ago, my beautiful wife and step-daughter got on a plane and headed back to Ukraine. Since that time, my health has steadily declined. I have had chest pains, headaches, serious bouts of depression, stomach pains, arthritic flair ups that my regular medicine can't seem to fix, even dizziness at times ...

My stress level has got to be at the heart of it I guess. On top of the immigration stuff, I lost my job a few months ago. I was able to find work again, and at a salary above the magical 125% line, but all our savings are gone. Even IF we got our approvals today, there is no way I could bring them home.

You all know the costs ... If I follow through with the CR1, I'm looking at close to $1000 ... round trip air fare for me to go to the interview is around $1200 ... 2 one way tickets for them to come back around $1800 ... plus medicals, etc.

I don't know how I'm going to do it. I can't find a 2nd job to save my life. Her parents might have been able to help with her ticket back here, but now 7 banks in Ukraine have shut down and my in-laws have lost everything they had saved.

Anyway, sorry to ramble :wacko: ... I was just wondering if anyone else here is physically falling apart through this whole process. Obviously, the emotional toll of being separated from the one you love is terrible and gut-wrenching.

Have you noticed a difference in your physical health?

Thanks for your input ... and best wishes to all :thumbs:

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 months ago, my beautiful wife and step-daughter got on a plane and headed back to Ukraine. Since that time, my health has steadily declined. I have had chest pains, headaches, serious bouts of depression, stomach pains, arthritic flair ups that my regular medicine can't seem to fix, even dizziness at times ...

My stress level has got to be at the heart of it I guess. On top of the immigration stuff, I lost my job a few months ago. I was able to find work again, and at a salary above the magical 125% line, but all our savings are gone. Even IF we got our approvals today, there is no way I could bring them home.

You all know the costs ... If I follow through with the CR1, I'm looking at close to $1000 ... round trip air fare for me to go to the interview is around $1200 ... 2 one way tickets for them to come back around $1800 ... plus medicals, etc.

I don't know how I'm going to do it. I can't find a 2nd job to save my life. Her parents might have been able to help with her ticket back here, but now 7 banks in Ukraine have shut down and my in-laws have lost everything they had saved.

Anyway, sorry to ramble :wacko: ... I was just wondering if anyone else here is physically falling apart through this whole process. Obviously, the emotional toll of being separated from the one you love is terrible and gut-wrenching.

Have you noticed a difference in your physical health?

Thanks for your input ... and best wishes to all :thumbs:

I'm so sorry to hear about this. But i guess we all go through the same similar bout with the recurring depression (talking about most people who undergo this long stressful process). I've been worried before my medical exams because stress might manifest in some of my lab results in any manner but good thing it didnt. Everyone's going through and trying to battle this economic failure. I'll be having my interview soon but we haven't paid our ITR yet because we're still trying to come up with the sum to pay for it. Anyway, i'll just try to arm myself with as much documents as i can. After which, if God will be so kind to me and have the US government grant me my visa, i will still have to wait until hubby gets to pay for my tix. it'll be a long process until we can be together. It's not just you. there's a lot of us who have to go through physical, mental, and financial stress just to be with our beloved.

Hang on and pray harder. :yes:

God Bless!!!

Chris&Barbie

'with you by my side, how can I fail?" cbw

I130

NOA1 : 05.05.08

TOUCHED : 05.09.08

TOUCHED : 10.01.08

TOUCHED : 10.02.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

I129-F

NOA1 : 05.28.08

TOUCHED : 07.10.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 01.15.09

CASE SENT OUT TO US EMBASSY-MANILA FROM NVC: 01.15.09

LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY: 01.22.09

PAID DV: 01.15.09

MEDICAL EXAM: 02.16.09-1ST DAY 02.17.09-2ND DAY---PASSED!!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 03.03.09- PASSED! THANK GOD!

VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2009

HOME: March 7, 2009

FOLLOW UPS:

11.10.08-called up USCIS to inquire about our status/sent faxes to congressmen and senator

11.12.08-called up USCIS again and was told that our case was moved to CSC back in June(!) because the state department have some questions about some of the documents we filed. And they never sent us any RFE...Grrrrrrr!!!! Was told that they don't know what the problem with the documents...Grrrrrr (again)! and was told that they will file a request for review...uuuuuggghhhh!!!!

01.14.09: Hubby sent a Thank you letter to his senator's office for clearing out the confussions with our application last Dec. 4. We'll go with K3...Hubby's doing his ITR as we speak... =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
In a nutshell - YES!

Steve:

I am sorry to hear of your ills. Certainly you have enough stress to bring on these classic symptoms. However they are also classic symtoms of more serious health problems. Please, get yourself to a doctor and check these things out for your sake and that of your family. Rule out the serious stuf and then maybe they can help you with the stress also.

Hope you are feeling better soon and that things look up for you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow i am very sorry for all the problems ur facing, we are praying for u and ur family i hope that soon things work out put ur faith in God and pray is about the only thing we have to hang on to when going thru this long visa process

im not married but this process has effected my health in ways i didnt even know it could......i went from a healthy person to someone that almost died last nov. if it had not been for my bad wisdom teeth my heart condition would not have been noticed until it was to late......the stress raised my blood pressure so high and something that was healed when i was a small child became a problem again.......how old am i? 22!!!!!!!! i have a letters from my doctors that state this prolonged visa journey has effected my health and is still effecting their fight to keep my blood pressure down.

i do not think that even the government understands how stressful all of this is and the effects it has on its own citizens while trying to wade thru this murky and at times seemingly maze of ridiculous hoops they put us all thru!!!!

good luck to u and my prayers and good wishes are with u

sara

i feel alot of stress for similar reasons...lonely....can't find a job to meet poverty line with 2 BA's... struggling to keep an apartment and car...sick amounts of student loans that i can't pay...working 2 jobs...feeling fat....i've had chest pain for 3 days now, but i don't have health insurance so i can't go to a doctor. a few months ago my doctor prescribed me meds for anxiety/ depression, but i can't afford to buy them. prayer doesn't work for me. nothing does. i wish the best for all of us in this situation.

Edited by amberdima

Timeline
i feel alot of stress for similar reasons...lonely....can't find a job to meet poverty line with 2 BA's... struggling to keep an apartment and car....working 2 jobs...feeling fat....i've had chest pain for 3 days now, but i don't have health insurance so i can't go to a doctor. a few months ago my doctor prescribed me meds for anxiety/ depression, but i can't afford to buy them. prayer doesn't work for me. nothing does. i wish the best for all of us in this situation.

never give up on prayer and ask those that know u to pray for u as well

i hope ur situation improves, and i will add u to our prayers

sara

i feel alot of stress for similar reasons...lonely....can't find a job to meet poverty line with 2 BA's... struggling to keep an apartment and car....working 2 jobs...feeling fat....i've had chest pain for 3 days now, but i don't have health insurance so i can't go to a doctor. a few months ago my doctor prescribed me meds for anxiety/ depression, but i can't afford to buy them. prayer doesn't work for me. nothing does. i wish the best for all of us in this situation.

never give up on prayer and ask those that know u to pray for u as well

i hope ur situation improves, and i will add u to our prayers

sara

thank you :star:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i'm just flat out stressed with this process, especially since its required so much running around for my wife.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

I have a hunch that you are trying to handle your feelings alone. They are all bottled up in you, right? The whole process is traumatic at best, and without a close friend to help you vent your gloomy feelings, those are often the physical results. A visit to a good doctor is necessary for some of your ailments, but how about trying your pastor, if you have one, for your gloom?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Yes I have noticed a difference in my physical health also went to the doctor several times did stress test for chest pain that came back ok one good thing for me i was able to quit smoking cigarette 6 weeks and counting. This is a very stressful for all of us all the best and good luck.

My Journey K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Guyana

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-02

NVC Received : 2009-01-09

NVC Left : 2009-02-24

Consulate Received : unknown

Packet 3 Received : 03/05/09

Packet 3 Sent : 03/09/09

Packet 4 Received : 03/17/09

Interview Date : 03/30/09

Visa Received : 03/31/09

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Yes same here...sorry to hear about all your hardships. :( Just over the weekend I had a breakdown at the tax place when the accountant told me I owed money and he couldn't answer my question about how to file this year's taxes. So I called my lawyer and he didn't know either. And I just felt the whole world was crashing down around and my husband wasn't even here to support me through it all... The poor old man looked at me and wondered why I couldn't contain my emotions and why I was so frustrated. He kept telling me to control my emotions but he obviously had no idea what this process can do to you. No one can imagine how bad it is unless they have been through it or are going through it now. Even my own sister will ask me why I am having a lot of bad days and feeling depressed and I try to let her see it my way by telling her how would you feel if you couldn't see your fiance for a whole week? And then she gets it...but soon forgets again, for you see she is not going through what I am going through.

I was just telling my husband how hard it is to wake up every day and muster the strength to go to work, but one thing that keeps me going is knowing he is alive and hoping we get that magical approval!

There is this woman at my job who lost her husband this year and she comes to work every single day and was barely given 5 days to mourn his death...so if she can make it, then I owe it to myself and my husband to be strong. But it takes strength to even remind myself of that every single morning through the tears I battle to keep hidden from the rest of the world and the emotional toll this process is weighing on us.

Hang in there for every journey is bound to come to an end and soon this one too shall be behind us ;)

It also helps to vent in these forums since we are all going though the same thing. Writing (typing) your feelings out is a healthy outlet.

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Timeline

God yes, me and my husband both are about to crack! I had severe health problems the first year but was somewhat relieved of them after I got to spend six months with him. But now that it has been 1 1/2 years since I've seen him, the cost, the waiting, the loneliness, and college, and a daughter, not to mention the stress of wondering when and if the embassy will ever produce that magical Visa. I just feel so helpless and hopeless, I can barely function at this point. I had to drop one class, and am seriously thinking about quitting entirely and sittling and stewing in my depression.

So, now im wondering when all the other health problems will begin again due to this excess stress.

Lord help us all throught this insanity.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

everyone her ein Vj is going thry some stress one way or another. look at me, i am away from my husband and son...sometimes i hate my job and i have to drag myself to go to work each day...plus im also studying for my boards...and i cant afford to fail it because everything will be much better when i do pass it. i can make it to the 125% poverty line for 3 people but how can i let my family live on 23,000 dollars a month? what will i feed my baby with that kind of money? i dont want him to chew on the cheap cuts of meat from the supermarket! NO WAY! so i have to be strong...but sometimes i have relapses and it goes on for days...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
sometimes i have relapses and it goes on for days...

This, I can relate to.

Some days are better than others. Sometimes I get angry,upset,resentful, or depressed. Other days I can accept it and go on.

Has it effected my health? probably, stress has always effected my health, so Im used to it. I left a super stressful job and my ulcer and IBS calmed down only to have this thrown at it. ha!

btw taj's.

- your son is absolultely adorable!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.