Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We had the babies sleep in a crib in our room until they were 8 weeks old. We then put them each in a separate crib in their room. I wasn't too worried as our condo is small and they have the room right next to ours. I usually wake up if I hear the slightest whimper from them. It has worked out well for all of us. My husband would feed them late at night (without waking me) and I would feed them early in the morning (without waking him). We managed to get 6 hrs + of sleep each pretty early on (thus maintaining the parents' sanity).

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ben's 4 months appointment went well, with the exception of his shots made him hurt a lot, poor bby.

he weighs 16 lbs 1 oz. at 11 days ago he was a bit less than 14 lbs. he grew a lot in a week and a half.

he weighs more than a bowling ball now :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline
@Eveline: Sorry about the pink eye...it is one of those things that spreads wicked fast! I'm glad you still had a good time at the party

@Vi: MILs, I feel your pain :ranting:

I think you should help Silvio become more comfortable with babysitting - when you go to the gym is a perfect opportunity. When I go back to school after Sebas arrives (4 more courses to go till I get my associates, aagghh!) Justin will babysit by himself for 2 hours, twice a week :thumbs:

I think it will still be a while for us before Sebas arrives - I've had what I think are braxton hicks (my belly tightens but it's not painful or anything), but he hasn't dropped yet, he's still up against my lungs making it really difficult for me to breath :help: First things first we need to try to get him to turn from OP to OA.

Saludos,

Caro

Caro, Caro, I tried to leave the baby with Silvio once and he called me like three times in 10 minutes, he gets super nervous,one of the reasons is because my little Sunshine still not accepting the bottle 100% and he is afraid that she will get hungry and mommy (the human bottle) won't be around to help. Everytime I go to the gym I leave the baby at my in laws and she always falls sleep with them. Hubby doesn't know but last week I went with Sofia to the gym and I used the babysitting service, it was great, I got to really workout without having to check the time and she was completely fine. Hubby is off for three weeks now so I won't be able to do that,he doesn't want me bringing the baby there but after that I will start again (shhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret).

Chnst@ Yep, that's right

sofsmile-1.jpg

@ Stef - Wow, I am glad to know what I need to pay attention to!!! I would never have thought to note whether the raspiness is on the inhale or the exhale, etc. He has an albuterol inhaler. The raspiness is sporadic. I am trying to find a pattern.

@ Vi - I can understand why you are upset. I think it is totally normal for you to want to get out sometime to maintain your sanity. I would encourage you to try to find a babysitter you trust, so you have the babysitter as an option if your MIL won't do it. Hopefully, with more exposure, Silvio will become more comfortable.

My husband was kind of thrown into doing a lot of childcare. When I went back to work at 3 months, he got laid off, so we had Declan in daycare part time so hubby could search for a job, etc., but he watches him the other days. He has got so good at taking care of Declan, better than me sometimes! I think it was just the constant exposure that made him feel more comfortable.

Caybee - I can't remember if I told you, but Rayan is so adorable!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I think a lot of dads feel uncomfortable with the babies at first. @Vi: He won't even take her when he knows he only needs to call you and you come back home if Sofia is really crying hard and inconsolable? He will need to learn it eventually not just for Sofias sake but for the sake of you two as a couple.

Right now, we're in that situation but not because Eric won't take care of the kids, rather because he's working so much. I have the kids almost 24/7 which is VERY draining. Sometimes Eric doesn't even see them at all. It's annoying for me since I have almost no me time and I'm in a constantly bad mood for some reason as I have zero backup.

I would talk to him and see if you two can give it a try, even if you just go to the mall, leave as much milk there as you can, show him some techniques that work for you to calm sofia down and then he'll have to try on his own. Maybe it's a good idea for you to leave while she's napping that way daddy has a little time preparing and he gets to start off with a baby in a good mood.

Good luck.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

tried to bf this morning, he kept moving and would take his mouth out of it and stare at me like and get all fussy. then i pumped twice at work, less than 1 tsp. i think that's it. I've tried it all, no more milk :cry:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline
tried to bf this morning, he kept moving and would take his mouth out of it and stare at me like and get all fussy. then i pumped twice at work, less than 1 tsp. i think that's it. I've tried it all, no more milk :cry:

they need a massage. i'll be right there.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Awww Nessa. If you are interested in trying to continue, I took a prescription medication called Reglan to help increase milk supply. I've also read/been told by lactation consultants that OTC herbs like fenugreek and blessed thistle can help. If not, well, you breastfed for a long time and that is awesome :)

Charles - :bonk: Perv!!!

@ Evi - Is there anyone who can watch the kids so you can get some alone time? A friend, MIL, etc.? I know you have mentioned hubby's insane work schedule before. I feel for you, because there are days I am out of my mind with Declan for the entire day alone, and I don't have him alone 24-7.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

@Nessa: I'm sorry to hear that your supply is going down. :thumbs: to you for sticking with pumping for so long.

@Autumn: Well, my MIL agreed to watch the kids while we're in Canada so I don't want to take her for granted. Also, this is Eric's last week at work. He'll start college after that. I hope that he'll have more time for the family. It's crazy right now. He's hardly ever there and when he's here he's sleeping because he's exhausted from the heat out there.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

sorry if this is TMI, but i had my tubes tied when i had my c-section and i was told my periods would be off for a while, i had like a day of dark brown spotting a couple of weeks ago, first sign of bleeding since i had molly, since then noting, anyone know if this is normal with having a tubal?

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Happy belated birthday, Allie!

Caro, wow, you're getting so close now!

For the first week, I think I slept three hours out of 24 each day, and a couple of days ago, I realized I was afraid to go to sleep at all, especially when I was home alone -- I'm another one obsessed with watching him breathe. But after I realized what was going on, I did manage to get a few hours back to back. The one thing that scares me is I keep falling asleep while nursing him, especially in the middle of the night. I sit on the sofa with the boppy and usually put him in the football hold, so there's really no way he can roll off, but it's still very unsettling to wake up after an hour or so and realize we've both been asleep. I've also pulled him from the cosleeper into our bed a couple of times to try to nurse him on my side and fallen asleep that way. That scared me. I hope as my own sleeping patterns improve that I can either stay awake more easily or find a way to nurse him while he stays in the cosleeper -- once the incision heals completely, that may be easier.

Yesterday, I had what I was afraid was a pretty significant bleed from the incision site, after having very little pain and no signs of infection. I have no medical training and have never had surgery, so I didn't realize this was just old fluid draining and perfectly normal. But I was home alone and became very aware of the what-ifs that I'd never thought about before. Now there's a paper on the fridge with Rayan's pediatrician's number, feeding instructions, location of premixed formula, etc., and I'm going to get spare keys made for my sister and parents just in case.

I don't think I said congrats to you yet about having the baby! The last I remember was you being possibly very close to having the baby! CONGRATS! :)

good to see ya christina!!!

hi! :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

i took reglan and fenugreek. didn't help much. this morning i tried to bf again and nada. so that's it. i need to sell my pump now.

Ben got a rash, i don't know from what because the id.iot here gave him more than 1 vegetable at at time. from now on i'll introduce only 1 food every 3 days. i'll wait for the rash to go away first

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Nessa: Where is the rash? Is it on his back? It might be a heatrash.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED