Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

In one hour and three minutes my little babygirl will be ONE year old...at 11:03am.

Happy Birthday Mamacita.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Happy birthday Miss Allie :)

@ caybee: Yeah you can get quite obsessed with their output ;) Jona leaked out of disposables when they got too small (we had preemie size in the beginning as everything else was too big, but then went directly to size 1).

Hm Jona always slept on his back and turned his head to the left. He wasn't a big turner. As his crib was always right next to me, we never needed monitors or sensors. I could hear him breathe all the time (and still do). Sometimes we also cosleep when he cannot sleep alone in the crib... In my family babies always sleep for a year in their parents' room (we did too as kiddos)... It felt so normal to me. And it alleviated so many fears (SIDS mainly). I can only recommend it to all mamas.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Happy B-day Allie!! Feliz Cumpleanos!! :dance::dance:

Wow kids grow so fast, today I went through Sofia's drawers and there are so many clothes that don't fit her anymore and so many of them tht tshe never wore :crying: .

Caybee@ Sofia sleeps on her belly since she was a newborn, sleeping on her back was always for short naps.

Anna@ Sofia sleeps with us, the crib is right next to my side of the bed so I can check on her all the time.

Sofia had bananas for the first time yesterday and she liked them just a few spoons but was something, today I'll give her carrots.

It's pretty nice here in NYC, I wish I can go to the city but is so difficult to get somebody to watch my baby, I cannot count with my MIL

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Happy Birthday Allie!!

@Vi: aaww Hope things continue to go smoothly with Sofia and trying out solids

@Caybee: the pictures of Rayan on your sig are so cute!

Question: Did any of you find yourselves being less and less sociable as the due date drew nearer? I feel like I don't want to talk or see anybody, I just want to be home in silence. Justin keeps asking me why I've been so quiet lately. Did anyone feel this way?

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i did caro, i just wanted to be home as i was so tired and i felt like a house lol...its normal...

happy bday Allie!!!!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Urgh..Adam's got pink eye...good timing right before Allie's birthday party. so tomorrow I'll have to call everybody and tell them that he's got pink eye. If they want to come they are more than welcome to, if not...I understand. I have a bunch of hand sanitizer wipes and liquid, we'll skip the pools and avoid any contact with Adam. I'll most likely have it too, even though I'm not feeling anything yet.

I'll start putting some breastmilk in Adam's eyes tomorrow (he's at granny's for the night) and I guess I'll put some in Allie's eyes too and hope that it will improve.

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Thanks Twila for the response about asthma. Anyone else have experience with a baby with asthma???

Autumnchik, How's Declan doing? I wish I had something to tell you but I'm totally clueless about asthma :(

The only thing I read was an article about chiropractors for children (they have to be specially certified to treat children) to treat asthma. It is on the last edition of Parents magazine. I'll try to see if it's available online.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's angelcare bebesounds

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

@ Evi: poor Adam... Hope he feels better soon and that Allie has a fun time :) Pink eye is contagious? I have never had nor anyone I know, I thought it's like an infected wound, not contagious. Didn't know that one... Breastmilk though should clear it up in no time!

Jona has so many bumps n bruises, he just goes everywhere (everything is babyproofed), and manages to get hurt.... Such a little rough-houser. Just a little nursing helps him to get over each bruise...

@ Vi: Isn't it wonderful to just roll over and see their little chest moving up and down? I couldn't have him anywhere else. I would constantly get up, sneak in his room and watch over him. SIDS seriously freaks me out... And some studies suggest that if babies are in the same room as the parents, they hear their breathing which helps their brain to regulate their own breathing... Least cases of SIDS are reported among babies who sleep in their parents' room in a crib/bassinet/cosleeper. I'm just too paranoid to have it any other way!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

congratulations caybee!! i was thinking about you, he is abslotely adorable, such a cute little boy. He doesn't look that big to me in these pictures, just like a cute little newborn. :luv: I hope you recover soon, glad breastfeeding is working.

We have been in Germany for almost 1 week, Ben is doing great, and we are playing with my new niece every day, who is soooo adorable! the flight was exhausting but he was on his best behavior and slept a lot on my lap. One thing though- Mommy's with small children, don't fly Air France international, they will not let you gate check your stroller! :angry: Not even a small umbrella stroller. I had to check it and carry Ben, small suitcase and big diaper bag (50lbs total) for 2 hours thru JFK, then another 3 hours through the airport in Paris before getting the connecting flight- we even had to climb 3 flights of stairs. So glad I had a baby carrier or I couldn't have done it.

autum: sorry to hear about Declan's asthma. It doesn't sound like it is very severe, so maybe it is more of an allergy problem? They suggested that Ben has mild asthma after the bronchiolitis in May. He coughs when he gets upset and uses an inhaler when it gets very obstructive and prednisone for acute respiratory distress, which hasn't happened since that first episode in May. He is fine so far and doesn't seem very sensitive to animals or pollen, so I am hoping it will go away.

caro: you'r next!! I am exited.

@Evi: sorry about the pink-eye, I hope the party didn't get cancelled and Adam is doing better. it's funny when people hear pink eye, they panic... It is pretty contagious and uncomfortable but should be fine if he doesn't get too close to the other kids.

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My nephew was born with asthma as well but the Dr. say it will go away as he grows up! So I don't know if there are different kinds of asthma or what...but he does seem to get better the older he gets.

Chnst- omg! It's ridiculous what you went thru carrying all that! :angry: Yup no AiRFRANCE for me neither! I'm glad you are having a good time there, come back safely :thumbs:

Anna- I agree with you I will have the baby in my room for awhile as well. It's hard to fit the baby crib right next to the bed but we're trying to readjust the room to fit the baby stuff. we'll see how that goes.

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Air France is being pretty ridiculous! I might fly in Oct/Nov with Jona (this time I will purchase a seat for him!) if DH gets a TDY assignment of 5-6 weeks in CA.... I would have hi take the kitty to MIL on the way to CA and Jona and I would go to Germany.... We'll see though if he even gets the assignment (I'd rather not have him get it)...

BTW Airlines - Delta is pretty crappy these days too. My parents booked through them, not noticing that they only allow one piece of luggage per person - on a transatlantic flight! So they are limited to one piece each or to pay $50 per second piece per trip.... That's insane... They should rather charge more upfront as United or Lufthansa and then you have peace of mind and can take all your stuff with you....

@ HLM: Uhi the last weeks of pregnancy ;) Yeah having the babe in the same room makes things so much easier on mamas. Most mamas I know are as paranoid as me and keep checking on baby's breathing as well ;) Especially with nursing it makes it really easy... You just walk a couple steps, grab the baby, he eats, falls back asleep, back to bed. It takes about 5 minutes for Jona....

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!