Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ Nessa: I'm sorry your supply is going down. Have you considered contacting an IBCLC? They are extremely knowledgeable, they even help women to reinduce lactation after weaning. I'm not familiar with your problems, but if there is a way, they know.

Hm rashes... Foods can do that. It is generally not recommended to introduce foods too soon - it's like one a week or so. But we never had problems as there are no allergies in either family and Jona didn't eat til 10-11 months anyways, when it's less likely to provoke any reaction to give them foods.

@ Evi: I feel ya. DH is only gone for 36 hours, then home 36 hours, then gone again, but that's frankly enough for me. I love love love Jona, but every mama needs a break, and if it is just a bubble bath... DH is getting better with Jona, but I had to work hard on that (cause my theory: he never had a dad really so it's hard for him to learn, cause he never had a role model)...

Yeah it's Jona's birthday! Exactly now! 12:36pm PDT!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's diaper rash. the doctor told me not to give him meat yet and to introduce one food every 3 days.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

reglan didn't work for me at all either. my dr gave me a prescription for a medication called domperidone that worked like magic. i had to take it for several months, and it was very expensive, ($95 every 4 weeks) but it did work.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

This may seem like a strange question, but I'm thinking about the logistics of taking the baby somewhere when I'm alone and have several things to carry. I live in a second-floor apartment. Obviously, I'll be loading the baby in the car last and unloading him first, but this will mean putting him in his bassinet while I'm loading or unloading groceries or gear. I guess that's what people do, just put the baby in the crib while loading or unloading? Just feels strange to be outside the apartment when the baby's alone inside, but there's no other obvious way to handle it, and it would only be for a couple of minutes at a time.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

We lived on the 2nd floor until March before we moved. When unloading or loading, I put Jona in a baby carrier. I never left him alone. I also coordinated to go shopping only when DH was at home. He watches Jona while I go shopping. Anyways, the baby carrier is a great thing to have and lots of help!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JONA!!!

Nessa@ I'm sorry you are going through this but as everybody said you bf for a long time and you did a great job, there's nothing bad about formula. You are a great mommy!

Caybee@ Same thing here, I try to run to the store when hubby is at home with the baby or if he is not home I just put her in the snuggly (did I spell it correctly?) she loves to go shopping with mama, seriously, she is super quiet and just observes everything

Sofia's two first teeth are coming soon, poor baby our routine is a little confusing now, she keeps waking up screaming and bites everything around her, my poor little girl, Orajel doesn't work for us :crying: any advice about it???

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hylands teething tablets. Also, we bought a mesh feeder and put frozen grapes in it and let zaid chew on it. or a cold towel, he loved to chomp on those. I will say enjoy those first 8 teeth bc if you think those are bad....just wait for the molars!!! Zaid is almost up to 16 teeth and I could have never been prepared for how whiny and fussy he was for the first 4 molars

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Nessa: Hope Ben's rash gets better soon!

Sorry about the milk supply - but you're doing a great job :thumbs:

@Vi: Good luck with those teeth!

Happy Birthday Jona!

I'm so big and uncomfortable! :crying:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
reglan didn't work for me at all either. my dr gave me a prescription for a medication called domperidone that worked like magic. i had to take it for several months, and it was very expensive, ($95 every 4 weeks) but it did work.

last monday was the last time i bf. tuesday morning i tried, he was fussy so i gave him the bottle. then i pumped twice at work and got 1 tsp of milk total. then wednesday in the morning i tried to bf again, he got fussy so i gave him the bottle. then i didn't pump or tried anymore. right now if i squeeze there's some drops coming. do u think it's too late for me to try to do something about it? i'm on Yaz, i'm sure that helped decrease, but the doctor said mini pill is not safe if he's on the formula

I've tried reglan, fenugreek, but it doesn't seem to help. I have that feeling of guilt i can't explain.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Caybee: The crib is totally fine. If you don't feel comfortable and can already carry the baby in a carrier (I don't know if your incision is still hurting you) then you can do that. I put Adam in the crib after grocery shopping but he was already older then adn I was scared he'd crawl out the door and fall down the stairs.

Speaking of crawling down stairs. Allie can walk up stairs now within seconds. Yesterday we were all upstairs and I made her bed while she took off and fell down the stairs :blink: . Poor little thing. I ran down so fast that I almost fell myself. She was'nt all the way down and I think she kinda slid down on her belly so she didn't take a complete tumble. I have to go and get another babygate today.

@Chrissy: Sorry, I don't have any anser to your question. I have never read into having tubes tied and what your body does after.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

last monday was the last time i bf. tuesday morning i tried, he was fussy so i gave him the bottle. then i pumped twice at work and got 1 tsp of milk total. then wednesday in the morning i tried to bf again, he got fussy so i gave him the bottle. then i didn't pump or tried anymore. right now if i squeeze there's some drops coming. do u think it's too late for me to try to do something about it? i'm on Yaz, i'm sure that helped decrease, but the doctor said mini pill is not safe if he's on the formula

I've tried reglan, fenugreek, but it doesn't seem to help. I have that feeling of guilt i can't explain.

Yogi Teas has a mother's nursing tea...give that a shot.

i'm not trying to tell you how you should feel, but there is nothing at all to feel guilty about. you are a good mother no matter how you feed your baby. when i would pump, i wouldn't get anything either, for a few weeks. so my supply was really low. i continued breast feeding, and supplemented with formula after i nursed ayah for the first couple weeks i was taking the domperidone, while my supply was building back up. after a couple weeks, she wouldn't take any formula after i nursed her, was gaining weight, and i was able to pump too. it took a little bit of effort, but we got back on track. so it is possible, but whether you do or not, you are still always going to have a happy, healthy, thriving baby even if you aren't able to nurse him anymore. you have so much to be proud of there, ben is a little doll.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

@ NEssa: Hm I thought the minipill was the only option that is safe while breastfeeding?

http://women.emedtv.com/yaz/yaz-and-breastfeeding.html

It appears Yaz is not recommended for breastfeeding moms. Nessa talk to your doc to change your contraceptive; there are pills that are way safer for breastfeeding moms that don't interfere with your supply. You can relactate, it is possible, women do it a lot. Also domiperone is a wonderful drug that helped many moms to build up a good supply.

Kellymom is a great resource that lists pills that are compatible with breastfeeding:

http://kellymom.com/health/meds/birthcontrol.html#conclusion

Thanks for the bday wishes! We had a great day :) He of course didn't eat cake but tossed it on the floor... Next year then ;)

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

Removal of conditions

Citizenship

Done!