HannahP

Cheap exotic vacations?

24 posts in this topic

My husband's family is giving us $4000 to go on a belated honeymoon, anywhere we want to go.

We want to do something exotic. Neither of us wants to go to Mexico (the obvious choice); we'd prefer to go somewhere where we could rent a small apartment for a week.

It has to be warm, preferably with beaches. Night life isn't an issue because we're not party-happy, but we'd like a good mix of beachy-ness plus culture like ruins/museums/wildlife/etc.

I'm thinking about Peru, but he seems dead set against it for some reason. At first he wanted to go to Morocco but just flying out there would eat up all of our money! Blech.

Any suggestions?

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

My husband's family is giving us $4000 to go on a belated honeymoon, anywhere we want to go.

We want to do something exotic. Neither of us wants to go to Mexico (the obvious choice); we'd prefer to go somewhere where we could rent a small apartment for a week.

It has to be warm, preferably with beaches. Night life isn't an issue because we're not party-happy, but we'd like a good mix of beachy-ness plus culture like ruins/museums/wildlife/etc.

I'm thinking about Peru, but he seems dead set against it for some reason. At first he wanted to go to Morocco but just flying out there would eat up all of our money! Blech.

Any suggestions?

St Lucia

beach_1_001.jpg

Yaaay, suggestions! Thanks. :D I'll look them up and talk to my hubby about them.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Barbados

I disagree.. Barbados has no soul and is SUPER expensive.. I'd chose Jamaica over Barbados.

Honestly? I'd either do Hawaii or Tahiti... or Cuba.. but I realize that's "not allowed" :bonk:

this is where I'd go...What a fab prezzie!!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Guanacaste, Costa Rica

Great private beaches.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Any suggestions?

I would recommend Acapulco, Mexico where my fiancée is from but you said you don't want to go to Mexico :crying:

In Acapulco you can spend a lot of time at the beach, there are restaurants with amazing food and mountain views overlooking the ocean, you can watch cliff divers jump off of a giant cliff and if you go at night they dive with torches, you can go watch bullfights, go to the flea market, go to the mall where they have a luxury "VIP" movie area where the seats are leather couches and they have waiters that serve alcohol, go to the aquatic park and swim with dolphins, go boogie boarding in the ocean, parasailing, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, water skiing, etc...

For $4,000 you are pretty much limited to South America, the Caribbean, and Central America because the flights and hotels are going to take a large chunk out of that 4K if you try going to Africa, Asia, or Europe.

My second recommendation is Brazil and Peru is also a very nice choice!

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jamaica mon!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello HannaP...

what would you really consider exotic?

It seems you're looking for something more in the laid-back range. Check out the Lesser Antilles. On 4K you can do the resort thing but for that you may as well go to the Florida Keys.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Dumaguete in the Philippines has a lot to offer :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Dumaguete in the Philippines has a lot to offer :thumbs:

4k limit, airfare for 2 would take most of that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!