Hilarious Clinton

McKenzie -11yo Girl Field Stripping AR15

151 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
While that may be true, I'd have to say that those conditions are partly the fault of African Americans themselves.

That's like saying it's the nail's fault that the hammer hit it.

Black people have not asked to be discriminated against, pre-judged, or hated because of the color of their skin.

No, I'm not being racist.

OK...so you're not a racist...just spewing racist rhetoric.

Within the African American community there seems to be a sub-culture revolving around "self-defeatism." In other words, if a black man is educated and becomes successful, he's often criticized as "selling out" or being an "Uncle Tom." If the same black man does neither of the above and remains in impoverished surroundings, he and others there tend to shift the blame to individuals who "have a better life."

You watch a lot of TV don't you? Guess what, so do a lot of Black youth. There may now be a handful of Black owned TV stations, but not nearly as much as the White owned TV stations. It's the White owned TV stations that first started PROMOTING this idea of the "sell-out". Take the "Jeffersons" show for example.

George Jefferson is a successful dry cleaner, but at every instance he's made to look like a jive talking, jive walking, buffoon or as you would say a "sell-out".

This image has been promoted so much, that not only does White America believe it, but so does Black America.

Believe it or not, my parents and the parents of my friends didn't teach us about the "sell-out". That was taught to us by the media. We were taught to be as successful as we could be...and that there's no shame in speaking proper English, or studying, or pulling your pants up, or wearing a belt, or having career aspirations that don't include gold rims and a fabulous crib.

If anything is defeatist, it is the media that surrounds us, educates us, and changes our reality for the worse.

I think that if the African American community wishes to raise their overall standard of living, they need to heavily promote education, professional success and responsibility. There's nothing inherently inferior about African Americans. They can succeed just as well as any other group if they work hard at it.

Thank you for your non racist opinion that there's nothing "inherently inferior".

So you really believe that the Black community does not promote education, professional success, and responsibility?

Perhaps you have no idea what it means to be disenfranchised. Perhaps you have no idea what it means to come from a family where you will be the first college graduate from your family. Perhaps you have no idea what it means to come from a family where you may be the first homeowner, or first doctor, or first lawyer.

Perhaps you have no idea that only within the last 100 years have Black people been able to own property. Only within the last 60 years have Black people had the opportunity to attend the same quality of education as their White counterparts.

Your last line is the best, and speaks volumes of truth. "They can succeed just as well as any other group if they work hard at it".

The Black community has known this for years, and are still saddened (but not defeated) that we have to work harder just to arrive at the same goals as other groups.

No, this isn't some "Horatio Alger" mindset. Doing what I suggest is hard work and not everyone will make it. There's no guarantee in life (except for death and taxes, of course). However, if success is actively aimed for, I can't help but see more succeeding than those who don't. It's certainly worth a shot.

Here's a guarantee....if you take one group of people and allow them to work, prosper, will & inherit money, become educated, vote & be elected, for 300 years....

and you take another group during the same time period, but literally hold them back with chains for the first 200 years, make them work for free, do not allow them to prosper or become educated or have any political power....and then expect them to simply compete at the same level because you say it's equal now....it will not happen. I'm not saying anyone needs handouts or welfare, but that as long as you throw away the history that created the disparity, and as long as you buy into the media's representation, we will all move forward at a very slow pace.

All I wanted to say -- and perhaps I hit a few nerves in the process -- was that there is no difference between African Americans and any other group when it comes to what can be achieved. Maybe it's more difficult for some black people due to certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean they can't become successful in the end.

Please understand that I was not attempting to be racist, but merely speak on how highly capable one group of people can be, despite some issues in this nation's history. If you still believe I'm doing nothing more than "spewing racist rhetoric," then there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

If you acknowledge that racism, discrimination, or prejudice exists, then minorities, as individuals, and, therefore, minorities as groups, do not have the same chances as everyone else. If one person in a group is discriminated against, then the entire group is affected. I know of whites who would not ever consider hiring a minority. I know minorities who have not received promotions that they unquestionably deserved. I have heard with my own ears unmistakable racist rantings from many many people. If African Americans "work hard at it", and yet face racism, discrimination, or prejudice...how does that give them "the same chances as everyone else"...either individually or as a group?

If the "certain circumstances" (that you don't seem to want to talk about) happen to be discrimination, how can you say that everyone has the same chances to succeed? If any minority (as an individual or as a group) has to work harder because of discrimination to "become successful in the end", is that your idea of a level playing field?

Legally-speaking, everyone has the same rights, privileges and opportunities in the U.S. Whether or not everyone can make use of those is a different matter. In addition, I'm very much against the idea of self-inflicted victimization. That goes for any race, color, ethnicity or religion. If you want something to happen, you go out and do it. Waiting for the right opportunity to "fall into your lap" is highly unlikely.

Legally speaking?

What does legally speaking have to do with the fact that a white male or an asian male can walk onto to an elevator with a white woman and nothing happens,

but the minute a black male walks onto the elevator, she clutches her purse?

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I have noticed the template in these conversations has changed over the last 25 years.

We use to hear the "White vs Minority" complaint. That Whites just will not give minorities a chance. Now it's mostly White vs Black.

Because now we see minorities from almost every group succeeding in America. The Asians I might guess are leading the pack.

I stood amazed at the number of small businesses started up by newly arriving Hispanics in my city. IN fact we have whole areas of such businesses. They rent a empty store front, buy equipment at Auctions and in no time they have an eatery, market or some other business.

It's

really amazing to watch the american Capitalist system work.

Who are these people pushing Shaved-ice carts or selling flowers on the corner, starting up a produce business or a car-wash? Why is it you never see them sitting idle, complaining that others see them as "illegals" or "wet-Backs"? They just put their hand to the plow and succeed, some in small ways and some, quite prosperously.

I recall one time a few months back, I was in a clients home, a middle aged Black woman, when a mexican man with a young (maybe 14) girl with him knocked at the door.

I thought he was there to maybe cut the grass, but instead they stood and waited for her and I to finish our business. Later she told me that this guy does cut her grass, in exchange for english lessons for him and his Daughter. (This lady was a retired school teacher).

The hispanics will clearly out-do our African American folks in a number of areas as have most other minorities.

Are we now to believe that of all the races in the world, it is only the color of black skin which the whites want to keep down?

Soon Hispanics will be the majority population in this country, what excuse will you offer them as the reason for Black failure?

When excuses are plentiful, results are few.

We need a monumental change in black leadership.

WOW!!!

That's one of the most racists post I've seen in a long time.

Does your client know that you like the confederate flag, and that you think Black people are failing because they keep making excuses instead of doing things?

You think she'd want to continue to be your client if you shared your views with her?

This is NOT about a battle with the Hispanics, or a race to beat the Asians. This is about being treated as equals. Clearly you don't view Blacks as your equal,

so how could you ever treat them in an equal way?

If you don't treat them or view them in an equal way, how can they ever have an equal opportunity?

As long as you think Black people are lazy, complaining failures, you will not be able to give them an equal opportunity no matter how hard they work.

Sadly, there are many people with your views and attitudes....and like you, they don't see a problem with that.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I have noticed the template in these conversations has changed over the last 25 years.

We use to hear the "White vs Minority" complaint. That Whites just will not give minorities a chance. Now it's mostly White vs Black.

Because now we see minorities from almost every group succeeding in America. The Asians I might guess are leading the pack.

I stood amazed at the number of small businesses started up by newly arriving Hispanics in my city. IN fact we have whole areas of such businesses. They rent a empty store front, buy equipment at Auctions and in no time they have an eatery, market or some other business.

It's

Who are these people pushing Shaved-ice carts or selling flowers on the corner, starting up a produce business or a car-wash? Why is it you never see them sitting idle, complaining that others see them as "illegals" or "wet-Backs"? They just put their hand to the plow and succeed, some in small ways and some, quite prosperously.

I recall one time a few months back, I was in a clients home, a middle aged Black woman, when a mexican man with a young (maybe 14) girl with him knocked at the door.

I thought he was there to maybe cut the grass, but instead they stood and waited for her and I to finish our business. Later she told me that this guy does cut her grass, in exchange for english lessons for him and his Daughter. (This lady was a retired school teacher).

The hispanics will clearly out-do our African American folks in a number of areas as have most other minorities.

Are we now to believe that of all the races in the world, it is only the color of black skin which the whites want to keep down?

Soon Hispanics will be the majority population in this country, what excuse will you offer them as the reason for Black failure?

WOW!!!

Does your client know that you like the confederate flag, and that you think Black people are failing because they keep making excuses instead of doing things?

You think she'd want to continue to be your client if you shared your views with her?

This is NOT about a battle with the Hispanics, or a race to beat the Asians. This is about being treated as equals. Clearly you don't view Blacks as your equal,

If you don't treat them or view them in an equal way, how can they ever have an equal opportunity?

As long as you think Black people are lazy, complaining failures, you will not be able to give them an equal opportunity no matter how hard they work.

Sadly, there are many people with your views and attitudes....and like you, they don't see a problem with that.

[Rollover post 3/4]

"This is about being treated as equals."

That's about all you had to say.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
While that may be true, I'd have to say that those conditions are partly the fault of African Americans themselves.

Black people have not asked to be discriminated against, pre-judged, or hated because of the color of their skin.

Within the African American community there seems to be a sub-culture revolving around "self-defeatism." In other words, if a black man is educated and becomes successful, he's often criticized as "selling out" or being an "Uncle Tom." If the same black man does neither of the above and remains in impoverished surroundings, he and others there tend to shift the blame to individuals who "have a better life."

You watch a lot of TV don't you? Guess what, so do a lot of Black youth. There may now be a handful of Black owned TV stations, but not nearly as much as the White owned TV stations. It's the White owned TV stations that first started PROMOTING this idea of the "sell-out". Take the "Jeffersons" show for example.

George Jefferson is a successful dry cleaner, but at every instance he's made to look like a jive talking, jive walking, buffoon or as you would say a "sell-out".

This image has been promoted so much, that not only does White America believe it, but so does Black America.

Believe it or not, my parents and the parents of my friends didn't teach us about the "sell-out". That was taught to us by the media. We were taught to be as successful as we could be...and that there's no shame in speaking proper English, or studying, or pulling your pants up, or wearing a belt, or having career aspirations that don't include gold rims and a fabulous crib.

If anything is defeatist, it is the media that surrounds us, educates us, and changes our reality for the worse.

I think that if the African American community wishes to raise their overall standard of living, they need to heavily promote education, professional success and responsibility. There's nothing inherently inferior about African Americans. They can succeed just as well as any other group if they work hard at it.

Thank you for your non racist opinion that there's nothing "inherently inferior".

So you really believe that the Black community does not promote education, professional success, and responsibility?

Perhaps you have no idea what it means to be disenfranchised. Perhaps you have no idea what it means to come from a family where you will be the first college graduate from your family. Perhaps you have no idea what it means to come from a family where you may be the first homeowner, or first doctor, or first lawyer.

Perhaps you have no idea that only within the last 100 years have Black people been able to own property. Only within the last 60 years have Black people had the opportunity to attend the same quality of education as their White counterparts.

Your last line is the best, and speaks volumes of truth. "They can succeed just as well as any other group if they work hard at it".

The Black community has known this for years, and are still saddened (but not defeated) that we have to work harder just to arrive at the same goals as other groups.

No, this isn't some "Horatio Alger" mindset. Doing what I suggest is hard work and not everyone will make it. There's no guarantee in life (except for death and taxes, of course). However, if success is actively aimed for, I can't help but see more succeeding than those who don't. It's certainly worth a shot.

Here's a guarantee....if you take one group of people and allow them to work, prosper, will & inherit money, become educated, vote & be elected, for 300 years....

and you take another group during the same time period, but literally hold them back with chains for the first 200 years, make them work for free, do not allow them to prosper or become educated or have any political power....and then expect them to simply compete at the same level because you say it's equal now....it will not happen. I'm not saying anyone needs handouts or welfare, but that as long as you throw away the history that created the disparity, and as long as you buy into the media's representation, we will all move forward at a very slow pace.

All I wanted to say -- and perhaps I hit a few nerves in the process -- was that there is no difference between African Americans and any other group when it comes to what can be achieved. Maybe it's more difficult for some black people due to certain circumstances, but that doesn't mean they can't become successful in the end.

Please understand that I was not attempting to be racist, but merely speak on how highly capable one group of people can be, despite some issues in this nation's history. If you still believe I'm doing nothing more than "spewing racist rhetoric," then there's no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

If you acknowledge that racism, discrimination, or prejudice exists, then minorities, as individuals, and, therefore, minorities as groups, do not have the same chances as everyone else. If one person in a group is discriminated against, then the entire group is affected. I know of whites who would not ever consider hiring a minority. I know minorities who have not received promotions that they unquestionably deserved. I have heard with my own ears unmistakable racist rantings from many many people. If African Americans "work hard at it", and yet face racism, discrimination, or prejudice...how does that give them "the same chances as everyone else"...either individually or as a group?

If the "certain circumstances" (that you don't seem to want to talk about) happen to be discrimination, how can you say that everyone has the same chances to succeed? If any minority (as an individual or as a group) has to work harder because of discrimination to "become successful in the end", is that your idea of a level playing field?

Legally-speaking, everyone has the same rights, privileges and opportunities in the U.S. Whether or not everyone can make use of those is a different matter. In addition, I'm very much against the idea of self-inflicted victimization. That goes for any race, color, ethnicity or religion. If you want something to happen, you go out and do it. Waiting for the right opportunity to "fall into your lap" is highly unlikely.

Legally speaking?

What does legally speaking have to do with the fact that a white male or an asian male can walk onto to an elevator with a white woman and nothing happens,

Legal action and moral action are often two very different things.

To tell you the truth, I'm getting a little tired of this whole "everyone is against blacks" mentality. They aren't. If someone sees that, then they're delusional.

In addition, there are other groups who've had a much worse time for far longer. Jews, for instance. For about 2,000 years, Jews have been the victims of slavery, state-sponsored beatings and killings, wrongfully blamed for actions which they did not commit, endured wars which stated they had to "convert or die" and were barred from seeking any sort of education and careers. Oh and there was that pesky genocide thing a while back, too.

I know what many will say: Jews don't have the hard time blacks do today. That's correct in some capacity. Believe it or not, antisemitism is still very strong in the United States and much of the world. But do you know how many Jews got to be wealthy, have great careers and even respected in some fields? They worked hard at it. Jews knew that they'd never get a break from anyone else, so they had to make whatever they want happen.

What about Asians? They were considered little more than moronic scumbags in the early 20th century. They were relegated to certain parts of town (much like Jews were for centuries) and round up like cattle during World War II because some "might have been spies." It didn't matter than many Japanese put into these camps were born in the U.S. The only thing that was important was that they had Asian ancestry.

So while I'm not aiming to purposefully trivialize what's happened to African Americans in the past, I'd like some here to understand that they are far from the only group that have been victimized in the past (and even today, as well).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Legally speaking?

why not ask the woman for the answer?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Legal action and moral action are often two very different things.

To tell you the truth, I'm getting a little tired of this whole "everyone is against blacks" mentality. They aren't. If someone sees that, then they're delusional.

In addition, there are other groups who've had a much worse time for far longer. Jews, for instance. For about 2,000 years, Jews have been the victims of slavery, state-sponsored beatings and killings, wrongfully blamed for actions which they did not commit, endured wars which stated they had to "convert or die" and were barred from seeking any sort of education and careers. Oh and there was that pesky genocide thing a while back, too.

I know what many will say: Jews don't have the hard time blacks do today. That's correct in some capacity. Believe it or not, antisemitism is still very strong in the United States and much of the world. But do you know how many Jews got to be wealthy, have great careers and even respected in some fields? They worked hard at it. Jews knew that they'd never get a break from anyone else, so they had to make whatever they want happen.

What about Asians? They were considered little more than moronic scumbags in the early 20th century. They were relegated to certain parts of town (much like Jews were for centuries) and round up like cattle during World War II because some "might have been spies." It didn't matter than many Japanese put into these camps were born in the U.S. The only thing that was important was that they had Asian ancestry.

So while I'm not aiming to purposefully trivialize what's happened to African Americans in the past, I'd like some here to understand that they are far from the only group that have been victimized in the past (and even today, as well).

So how long ago were Jews slaves in the USA?

Can I change my name, and then have nobody know that I'm Black?

Personally, I haven't let the random circumstance of my birth define who I am. I employ Black, White, Asian, and Hispanic professionals. My best friend is a Jewish guy married to a Black Muslim woman. I don't have the capacity to discriminate. I am not a victim, I don't need handouts from anyone.

My whole point is, the playing field is not level for most Blacks in America, because people such as yourself have no idea about the disadvantages that have to be overcome, including the disadvantage of people such as yourself thinking that Blacks just don't try hard enough.

why not ask the woman for the answer?

Good idea...maybe her phone number is in the purse :devil:

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
My whole point is, the playing field is not level for most Blacks in America, because people such as yourself have no idea about the disadvantages that have to be overcome, including the disadvantage of people such as yourself thinking that Blacks just don't try hard enough.

My friend we have a 50% drop-out rate in our high school among black males.....

and you wonder why some feel this way?

Get real!

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

My friend we have a 50% drop-out rate in our high school among black males.....

and you wonder why some feel this way?

Get real!

My learned colleague, what high school is this?

Might this drop-out rate have something to do with living in a community of ignorant racists that keep telling them they're lazy failures who will never amount to anything? Maybe being surrounded by prejudiced or pessimistic teachers that have already told them there's a 50% drop-out rate, so half of them may as well leave now? Maybe being disparaged and distracted by the confederate flag flying around, reminding them of their heritage in slavery?

Beyond the local influences....what about the rap music videos (funded by White record labels) that tell them to be a real man you need to go out and "bust a cap" in somebody's head. Or that only little girly boys want to read, write, study, and speak proper English. Or that instead of studying, you need to make some babies with the honeys. Or that if you use your African athletic skills you can go right to the pros and skip high school and college.

Could any of those effect one's determination to continue high school?

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

It's

WOW!!!

Is this the place where I am suppose to say "I have a lot of black friends?"

:rofl:

Lighten up dude, I treat everyone with the respect that polite manors demands and then more respect as I see it is proper.

You are so wrapped up in race ... that that is all you see in people.

Sure I can throw out general statements as I did but, those fact based observations don't blind me to the truth that "people are individuals" first and foremost and I treat people accordingly.

Because I am not as sensitive about race as you expect, you refer to my attitudes as "racist". hell I even have a Confederate Battle flag as part of my avatar so that must really mean I

have it in for Black people.

Well, my whole point while posting in this thread is; If I and others that I know, who are "not" so "race sensitive" would vote for an African American (as I certainly would)..... why would anyone think the average person wouldn't as well?

The Obama election is no "Big break through"... hell he was the first realistic Black candidate to run!

(Don't tell me Jessie Jackson was a realistic candidate)

Of course there are a small fraction of people who would never vote for an Black, but I don't know one person like that so there can't be that many out there.

Your problem is, see a racist around every corner and anytime some speaks an unflattering word about

Black People you extrapolate it far beyond it's meaning.

In many ways our Black community has LOST GROUND since the Civil Rights era that was suppose to unleash the possibilities for Blacks.

Instead of blaming yourself... you are blaming me! Do you know what percentage of Blacks live in communities where nearly all levels of the Government is run BY BLACKS?

Is it my fault the teen murder rate spiked by 30% since 2000?

Is it my fault That the drop-out rate is what it is?

Is it my fault that we have more Black youth offenders than we have places to put them?

Call the mayor and complain to him,,, he is Black, so is the schoolboard and the city leaders and the Chief of police.

You think my little "quiet racism" is your problem? What a joke.

I have never hurt a Black person, never avoided giving a black person or black business my business. I have never expected more of a Black person than I would a white.

I have never and would never act disrespectful anyone because of their race.

My friend you are the Reason the Black community is in trouble, not me.

You fail to act and you make excuses.

As I said before, the race card is short lived.... soon Ole whitey will be a minority too.

:lol:

William Penn

Timeline

It's

WOW!!!

Is this the place where I am suppose to say "I have a lot of black friends?"

:rofl:

Lighten up dude, I treat everyone with the respect that polite manors demands and then more respect as I see it is proper.

You are so wrapped up in race ... that that is all you see in people.

Sure I can throw out general statements as I did but, those fact based observations don't blind me to the truth that "people are individuals" first and foremost and I treat people accordingly.

Because I am not as sensitive about race as you expect, you refer to my attitudes as "racist". hell I even have a Confederate Battle flag as part of my avatar so that must really mean I

have it in for Black people.

Well, my whole point while posting in this thread is; If I and others that I know, who are "not" so "race sensitive" would vote for an African American (as I certainly would)..... why would anyone think the average person wouldn't as well?

The Obama election is no "Big break through"... hell he was the first realistic Black candidate to run!

(Don't tell me Jessie Jackson was a realistic candidate)

Of course there are a small fraction of people who would never vote for an Black, but I don't know one person like that so there can't be that many out there.

Your problem is, see a racist around every corner and anytime some speaks an unflattering word about

Black People you extrapolate it far beyond it's meaning.

In many ways our Black community has LOST GROUND since the Civil Rights era that was suppose to unleash the possibilities for Blacks.

Instead of blaming yourself... you are blaming me! Do you know what percentage of Blacks live in communities where nearly all levels of the Government is run BY BLACKS?

Is it my fault the teen murder rate spiked by 30% since 2000?

Is it my fault That the drop-out rate is what it is?

Is it my fault that we have more Black youth offenders than we have places to put them?

Call the mayor and complain to him,,, he is Black, so is the schoolboard and the city leaders and the Chief of police.

You think my little "quiet racism" is your problem? What a joke.

I have never hurt a Black person, never avoided giving a black person or black business my business. I have never expected more of a Black person than I would a white.

I have never and would never act disrespectful anyone because of their race.

My friend you are the Reason the Black community is in trouble, not me.

You fail to act and you make excuses.

As I said before, the race card is short lived.... soon Ole whitey will be a minority too.

:lol:

Danno my learned colleague, clearly I've had you all wrong. Thank you for telling me what my problem is.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

How did this thread get so warped? As for me, I think it should be against the law for anyone under 18 years old to be using a handgun....period. Handguns have nothing at all to do with hunting for food, to start with. Did someone say she was being taught all this because of fear of being attacked by a minority or what?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
How did this thread get so warped? As for me, I think it should be against the law for anyone under 18 years old to be using a handgun....period. Handguns have nothing at all to do with hunting for food, to start with. Did someone say she was being taught all this because of fear of being attacked by a minority or what?

an ar-15 isn't a handgun.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

An AR-15 with a sear...now that's a proper huntin' weapon.

'Course it 'pends on whatcher huntin'.

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Timeline

:help:

Perhaps Obama can use him/her to help craft the new gun laws.

William Penn

Cute kid. Nice that she's using guns safely. :)

I'm not sure what the whole affirmative action bit came out of, but in case anyone is interested, it is most definitely not a quota system (that's illegal) and most scholarships are need-based.

But beyond that, there's this myth that college admissions are decided purely by academic merit, except for those pesky women and blacks. And that's really not true. Take Yale. Yale will get about 20,000 applications this year. About 5,000 of those kids don't have the grades or SATs to even bother applying. They're an easy cut. That leaves 15,000 smart kids, some smarter than others, but no real way to say 'this kid deserves it more.' What sort of things does Yale consider?

Athletics. Artistic or musical achievement. Legacy status (whether your parents went there.) Whether your parents are donors. Life experience. Community service. What school you went to. Whether other kids from your school are often accepted at Yale. What region of the country you are from. (Seriously, a bright kid from Wyoming has a better chance than a smarter kid from NYC.) Whether your parents are immigrants. Whether you speak a foreign language. Oh, and maybe if you're minority.

Studies have shown that being a minority is worth about 100 SAT points. That's about on par with these other 'intangible' factors like sports, legacies, having an interesting story, or being from an underrepresented school, or being from the plains or the mountain west or south. It's not a strict grade based meritocracy. It never has been. (The case is even stronger for jobs, where intangibles like 'he just seems like a swell guy' are not balanced out by things like test scores, and a reminder to *interview* (not hire) a minority or woman counteracts that.)

The flipside of this is that if the top schools were to accept only the tippy top students, the elite colleges would be majority Asian. (There aren't all that many Asian-Americans, but there's enough to fill the elite schools.) The joke among a couple admission counselor friends of mine is that legacy admissions and the focus on 'balance' and where you went to high school is affirmative action... for upper middle class white kids.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07