leejoy_and_ron

I MISS MY LIFE

115 posts in this topic

Guys, I have a question... What if your husband doesn't want you to work?

he just wants you to stay at the house and be a dedicated housewife?

what are you goin to feel?, do?....

I will start to consider him a control freak and an abusive husband!

Seriously, your husband has no right whatsoever to ask you not to work and to just stay at home and be a dedicated wife. It's more of an economic abuse which may constitute an act of violence against a woman. To work. explore all your possibilities and maximize your potentialities are your basic rights that your husband should respect and which you must protect.

I think you are setting the cart before the horse here. If the husband wanted to marry an uppity liberated woman, he would have found one here in the US of A. But he didn't, and he deserves the respect he is entitled to. He went through great expense and effort to bring you here, and the least you can do is try to make things work. You have a lifetime to "persuade" your husband to a more equitable relationship. But for now, try to meet his expectations for an Asian wife.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seriously, your husband has no right whatsoever to ask you not to work and to just stay at home and be a dedicated wife. It's more of an economic abuse which may constitute an act of violence against a woman. To work. explore all your possibilities and maximize your potentialities are your basic rights that your husband should respect and which you must protect.

what.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Its what you want, not what he wants.

Goodluck!

I think you are setting the cart before the horse here. If the husband wanted to marry an uppity liberated woman, he would have found one here in the US of A. But he didn't, and he deserves the respect he is entitled to. He went through great expense and effort to bring you here, and the least you can do is try to make things work. You have a lifetime to "persuade" your husband to a more equitable relationship. But for now, try to meet his expectations for an Asian wife.

Is staying home an expectation from an asian wife?

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Goodluck!

I wasn't tallking about expectations from an Asian wife, but rather the husband's expectations for an Asian wife. And, those expectations/misconceptions will vary from husband to husband. Probably the best thing to do is to work things out, talk things through. However, there is an expectation, misguided though it may be, that the Asian wife is inherently submissive and will bend to the will of her husband.

She always has the weapon of "Tampo".

This is what I am talking about. http://filipinawives.com/Tampo.htm

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Goodluck!

I wasn't tallking about expectations from an Asian wife, but rather the husband's expectations for an Asian wife. And, those expectations/misconceptions will vary from husband to husband. Probably the best thing to do is to work things out, talk things through. However, there is an expectation, misguided though it may be, that the Asian wife is inherently submissive and will bend to the will of her husband.

She always has the weapon of "Tampo".

This is what I am talking about. http://filipinawives.com/Tampo.htm

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Ok very well said guys..

As what I am looking from here when I'm already in USA, Even my husband doesn't want me to work, I'd still insist to do so. We are young couple, we are on our very early 20's. And just stabilizing life in USA is something that will take years to achieve. Getting a house, having and raising children, another side of life is of course I also want to help out my family I'll be leaving here in the PI, So its really something that we have to take a seat and talk about me getting a job after getting a degree there. Yes, My husband has a good job, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I have to rely every expenses, we'll have when we are already together, even helping out a my family I left in PI, the support should comes from me.

Its nice to know there are husbands that doesn't require their wives to work, but still its always nice to talk about this matter before it comes to the veins of the marriage.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Goodluck!

Oh, I hope not lest Asian wife be taken as an expensive commodity that one spent so much for just to be brought to the US. :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I missed everything but my husband and our little angel keeping me stronger here :star: :star: :star:

you are not all alone leejoy!!

count me in! i could say my situation is worse than you are?!

atleast you get a fair treatment from your husband, right?!

while me?! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Timeline
yeah buti kayo..theres someone make you stronger...e ako....?.im out of no where...walang kakampi...except GOD

There are others who are fortunate enough to have family members here in US. I don't. But I have a "kakampi" -my husband. You should consider your husband as your kakampi. Where is he anyways? Are you living alone now?

If you are just in San Jose, we can go around together!!!

Take Care!

he is not on my side.....i wish i could turn back time....... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

:huh: that don't sound good.

reading all this comments makes me cry, it is late now here in boise and still i can't sleep!!

AJA word is used to be my trademark word back in the PI especially at my work place!! but now, i seems to forget it for there are so much on my plate now!! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Timeline
yeah buti kayo..theres someone make you stronger...e ako....?.im out of no where...walang kakampi...except GOD

There are others who are fortunate enough to have family members here in US. I don't. But I have a "kakampi" -my husband. You should consider your husband as your kakampi. Where is he anyways? Are you living alone now?

If you are just in San Jose, we can go around together!!!

Take Care!

he is not on my side.....i wish i could turn back time....... :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Ngano man day? Asa man diay xa? Kinsay imo kauban karon? Lisod jud na ang mag-isa sa foreign land. Just a suggestion, try to check if there are other Filipinas in your area. I was able to befriend a Filipina here when I got here and she also introduced me to her other Filipino friends. They both speak Cebuano, I speak Boholano before and I'm using it when I'm with them. :)

bitaw :thumbs: pangita og mga pinoy diha... kung dili pa ka ka-drive makasabot man sila. pwede ra man ka nila kuhaon.

gann?! anu ba tlga yari sayo now leejoy?! parang nasa delikado kang sitwasyn ah?! mas worse dn pala ung sitwasyon u kaysa akin?! :crying::crying::crying:

#######?

Economic Abuse?

Constitute act of vioence?

Did you google that answer from someplace? It seems out of line and not related to this thread......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Ok very well said guys..

As what I am looking from here when I'm already in USA, Even my husband doesn't want me to work, I'd still insist to do so. We are young couple, we are on our very early 20's. And just stabilizing life in USA is something that will take years to achieve. Getting a house, having and raising children, another side of life is of course I also want to help out my family I'll be leaving here in the PI, So its really something that we have to take a seat and talk about me getting a job after getting a degree there. Yes, My husband has a good job, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I have to rely every expenses, we'll have when we are already together, even helping out a my family I left in PI, the support should comes from me.

Its nice to know there are husbands that doesn't require their wives to work, but still its always nice to talk about this matter before it comes to the veins of the marriage.

I think most Americans want their spouse to work to help take care of household bills. Yes you make good money in USA, but you also have high expenses as well.

Two incomes make life easier.

In your case I doubt your husband working alone will be able to support you and new houses / cars / car insurance / House insurance / Medical Insurance / living expense by you staying home.

I think it is important for Filipina coming to USA, to first get comfortable in thier setting before working.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Ok very well said guys..

I think most Americans want their spouse to work to help take care of household bills. Yes you make good money in USA, but you also have high expenses as well.

Two incomes make life easier.

In your case I doubt your husband working alone will be able to support you and new houses / cars / car insurance / House insurance / Medical Insurance / living expense by you staying home.

I think it is important for Filipina coming to USA, to first get comfortable in thier setting before working.

Exactly. :thumbs:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.