nickoftime

WHERE IS MY GREEN CARD???

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
We are on our 6th week from our arrival but our Green Card has not arrived in mail. Does anybody here know what office we can call to make a follow up?

Make an infopass appointment at your local office thay will be able to check if the card has been issued or not. You can make the infopass appointment on the USCIS website.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband's took 7 weeks but I kept calling the USCIS once a week to make sure I was on top of things. I didn't want them to come saying that they had already mailed it and that the only way to get it now was to send more money and file for a duplicate to be sent again.

Call them to find out, it might be that they're taking longer to enter new info in their system.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Mine should be in my hand on last week of October :wacko: but unluckily the post office returned it to them as undeliverable on Oct.30 and since then i kept calling and the people that i talked said i have to wait till Dec. 03 and i called again on Nov. 26 and the lady that i talked said that the first lady who got my call didn't complete my request for re-deliver :angry: and today a few minutes ago i called again and the lady that i talked adviced me to wait before Christmas :crying:

We are on our 6th week from our arrival but our Green Card has not arrived in mail. Does anybody here know what office we can call to make a follow up?

texas?

we are in our 3rd week now and didnt even get the welcome letter.

hang on, apparently it will come

texas?

Hi,

We were approved with interview 27 October and are still waiting for the card to appear in th email

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
hope you get it sooner

I was told by immigrant officer at POE that green card will be mail within 3-4 months.

If more than 4 months , they dont send it then they ask me to call USCIS.

Case complate : August 27th 2008 , Interview date will on Oct 29th 2008

Package forwarded to Local embassy : Sept 11th 2008

Package received : Sept 15th 2008

Receive interview mail : Sept 30, 2008

Medical check : Oct 1st 2008 passed

Vaccination : Oct 1st 2008 , OK got 2 shots

New Interview date : Oct 21st 2008 VISA APPROVED AND ISSUED

POE at Phoenix : NOV 28th smooth

Receive Welcome letter and SSN : Dec 17th 2008

Green card received : Dec 22th 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did you get your SSN? That is the important bit, and you should get it within a month of arriving in the US.

Greencard can take 90 days according to most people's experiences here- the stamp on the visa in you passport servies as temp greencard for a year, so you are covered.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

texas?

PA.

Hope it's not gonna take us 3 month, gee! I need to open my own bank account for a semblance of independence, lol!

Did you get your SSN? That is the important bit, and you should get it within a month of arriving in the US.

Greencard can take 90 days according to most people's experiences here- the stamp on the visa in you passport servies as temp greencard for a year, so you are covered.

I've applied for my SSN and just waiting for the delivery. It's kinda hard because there are some insitutions that require the GC despite the stamp on the passport and the SSN. For one, I can't open my account. Bank of America requires the greencard. I wanted to attend a community college here to help me adjust but again, I was required to present my GC. Such inconveniece, indeed!

Mine should be in my hand on last week of October :wacko: but unluckily the post office returned it to them as undeliverable on Oct.30 and since then i kept calling and the people that i talked said i have to wait till Dec. 03 and i called again on Nov. 26 and the lady that i talked said that the first lady who got my call didn't complete my request for re-deliver :angry: and today a few minutes ago i called again and the lady that i talked adviced me to wait before Christmas :crying:

That possiblity is also my concern. We changed residence although in the same city. We filed the neessary forms both in USCIS and the post office but who knows what will happen? Arrrgghhh...!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as my understanding goes----once you get your SSN, you can apply for Driving license and also State ID.

Once either of the two have been attained, you can open up your Bank account.

At least when my hubby took me to his bank to have my name with his account, that's what the lady told me, she said once I get my SSN, I can just show them my passport with Valid visa stampped on it, and they will put my name with his account, she also said if I can show her DL or State Id, that would work too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.