Dakine

Wallmart employee killed!

81 posts in this topic

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/1...mart_after.html

A Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island store Friday morning, police and witnesses said.

The 34-year-old worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

CAUGHT ON CAMERA: WAL-MART CROWD MOMENTS BEFORE DEADLY STAMPEDE

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

The unidentified victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:03 a.m., police said.

The cause of death wasn't immediately available pending results of an autopsy.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was knocked to the floor during the mad rush. She was hospitalized for observation, police said. Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said.

Three other shoppers suffered minor injuries, cops said.

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I love consumerism!!! :wacko:

All to ring in the season of good will. :wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I read that this morning - how very sad. You know those Walmart employee's don't earn that much...especially not to die for. Something about a pregnant woman in the crowd and some other people got knocked down too.

I wonder if the people who helped push down the door feel at least a little guilty over acting that way over some discounted items. I still don't understand the whole excitement over Black Friday. I see some good deals but I guess I just can't be bothered to stand in line that early and fight with people over items. I usually stroll in after nine and if the item is still there, I buy it, if not, oh well. This year I had to send my husband and sister-in law to get some toys that were half off, but they didn't get there until 9:30 and they got what we were looking for.

Why so violent people, it's just stuff. Like someone else said; consumerism at it's best I guess.

AOS:

11/07/2008: Filled AOS @ Chicago Lock box

11/11/2008: Received @ Lockbox

11/18/2008: NOA for I-130, I-485, I-765

12/08/2008: Biomtrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Poor #######, proof is any was needed that capitalism is the law of the jungle!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Wow. It's insane. I just hope Obama can do something about these kinds of things when he's president.

Especially since GW obviously didn't!!! It still happened on his watch afterall. :whistle:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Timeline

They should have sealed the store, identified those who trampled him via surveillance video, and arrested them for manslaughter. Chopf##ks.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think the shops should be penalized - amping crowds up for early bird specials - nitwitism. Why not have a weekend of discounts? Knock off some of that 500% mark-up for an entire weekend - not just a few hours before God wakes up! Damn menopause, sorry getting mouthy again..... :P

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding