1HappyGuy

Recession or Depression

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I agree 1HappyGuy with what you write here. That is exactly what I tried to explain to you earlier. Some twist things

and reinvent new meanings to issues that a post present in order to highjack a thread and make a name for themselves

But like Sister Fracas just told when I apologize to her for a misguided comment that I made attributed to her, she

responded" No embarrassment or apologizes necessary, this is VJ Fart station", or something like that.

So just keep on posting dude. I doubt that you will consider my offer.

Scoozie Mr. Nighty... please don't be attributing any VJ farts to me... :no:

thankee...

it was probably one of mine. :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Scoozie Mr. Nighty... please don't be attributing any VJ farts to me... :no:

thankee...

it was probably one of mine. :innocent:

oh why oh why did I read this right after having taken a swig of iced-tea...

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Gas is down to $1.99 in Eastern NC.

Though it is kind of a different issue with our housing prices ect.

We live in a beach town so during these summer months buildings are being thrown up as fast as they can, From what I can tell we're getting a couple more drug stores and at least 3 more shopping centers/strip malls.

Prices around here (aside from gas) havn't gone down, in fact in the last month they flew up. I could buy a gallon of orange juice for 3 dollars, now its 5.50$

A woman I work with is upset because the property she lives on went from a value of $60,000 to $194,000 in the past year, and she doesn't want to pay taxes on it. We're getting about a million Condo's being put up and if you live anywhere near these condos (within 10 miles) your property value is going to increase significantly.

plus rent hasn't gotten any cheaper. A good friend of mine moved out of his apartment because the contract renewed and they bumped up the monthly rent by $300, not including utilities.

So a lesson for everyone, don't live near the beach in NC.

The family owns a few homes at Outer Banks, NC. Some they purchased for $6K that are now worth $650K+

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

My business is going very well - my best year ever in fact. I work for one of the healthier big banks still standing, with no subprime exposure to speak of, and very little hedging or derivatives. The collapse and/or structural changes at the NY investment banks have created lots of opportunity for me personally, and I feel truly blessed at the moment.

Analysts are predicting another 12-18 months of recession recovery, with improvement beginning in January. There will be a pretty substantial amount of whiplash in the financial markets because of all the liquidity the government is pouring in, so stand by for rising prices and interest rates.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

The October jobless rate for North Carolina was 7. The jobless rate for Burke County, NC (where we live) is 8.6. Which is well over the national average.

I work as a receptionist at a furniture factory, we advertised 3 jobs available this week, and all day long every day hoardes of people are coming in to apply. And then they get angry the following week when they call to find out how come they haven't been hired yet, afterall they have 20 years experience in the field :P Yeah, them and 5000 other people. I get all the cranky callers and visitors, because HR won't talk to them, its very stressful. :P My husband has been out of work for nearly 2 years. For a while it was ok, we had some investments that were doing well, then the stock market tanked and we lost a bit (the above post about the 401K is now a 201K is spot on!). However, he actually made some money the other day before the market tanked again. Not even Cramer made any money that day ! :lol:;)

Gas is thankfully down below $2 per gallon now, cheapest I've seen it so far is $1.91.

Even 1-800-PetMeds has raised their prices on pet medicines. Last month our arthritis medicine cost $20 more than it did the month previous. This month its somehow down $10 from that, so I dunno from month to month how much that's going to cost. But my dogs can't go without their medicine, if they do, we'll end up having to pay for hip replacement for George :P

Crime is up in the county, but thankfully home invasions have not become fashionable as they have in Charlotte. Mostly its gas station convenience stores that are getting the brunt of it. One of my co-workers' husband owns a gas station/store and he's been robbed twice in the past 3 months, and someone has tried to pay for gas with a roll of quarters that was full of a wood dowell and a quarter at each end or something. They've tried that at several stations around town, until it finally made it to the newspaper. (they're a little slow at our local paper, they don't go out and look for news, they wait til they hear it on the radio or see it on TV). He's had to start working double shifts and cut hours of his other employees just so he can pay the lease on the building. They're barely making ends meet.

We were talking to an acquaintance the other night, he works full time at another furniture factory + part time at Domino's, and he said there's grumbling that there will be layoffs at his plant in January. He's very worried about losing his job, because there really isn't much around here for work. There's a grocery warehouse hiring I think, and some sort of call centre, but that's about it. Plus the 3 jobs we have open.

Plus, any plants that are still open are on radically reduced hours. Some folks are only working 2 or 3 days per week.

Yeah, its pretty depressing around here. Not even WalMart is hiring.

Edited by Reba

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

GAS HERE 1.42

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
GAS HERE 1.42

last i saw was earlier this week, $1.71

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I saw 1.85 a gal here yesterday.

Alot nicer filling the car up now :thumbs:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

This summer in O.C. MD we've seen a pretty big hit. With diesel around 5 a gallon boats just weren't fishing. Private boats couldn't justify going out that much-if at all, and the charter fleet was really hurt bad as nobody could afford to go. As far as vacationers---they were here, just not spending. Lots of empty houses from the building boom. Of course prices are falling. Maybe they'll come down so people like me who were priced completly out can get our chance to have something close to the beach.

On a good note though I am seeing lots of people around for this time of the year. Much more then I remember, and of course everyone seems to be back into full hunting mode as normal for here.

Of course the bad side of this good note I brought up is that I'm still here to see all these people around, as my winter time gig isn't returning to Costa Rica this year.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I see a lot of people hanging out in the parking log at Home Depot running up to every truck that comes into the parking lot.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Timeline

I actually saw gas for as low as $1.74 here in town yesterday! It was a station down a street that I rarely use, kind of out of the way. The stations that are on the main roads though are still up in the $1.91+ range.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

AJ if you need a gun for home security, hubby has extras for you and the wife. :thumbs:

It takes months to get a permit for a firearm around here. And I hear you may not get it at all if you're not willing to drop by the police station every few weeks to push things along.

This was the scene at our local Costco's cash registers last Sunday...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=8868

sounds like a good reason to not live in jersey.

sure, if you're a gun freak.

chooseone.jpg

It's funny how life is so often a self-fulfilling prophesy. I have never had a gun and never felt the need for one. I have lived in New York and Washington, D.C. areas, as well as all over Asia. I know others who would never be without theirs. They tend to be people who, in general, are stay-at-home paranoids. They won't go anywhere or do anything without first dreaming up an improbable worst-case scenario.

In short, I see guns as more a symptom of one's psychological state than anything else. Is it really any surprise that the Party of Fear (GOP) has a pro-gun base of support?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I work at a private Country Club and I guess a few people have had to abandon their memberships, but we have also had a lot of people come in to buy memberships. The only change I have seen is the price of our memberships have dropped a from 20,000 to 12,000 in order to entice people to come in. Which is only a kicker to older members who bought their memberships for more money but oh well... dems the brokes.

Donne moi une poptart!