rar124

Fiance says she went home to Phils, but I know she is still here in the US

66 posts in this topic

No... Withdraw your petition and move on...

There is nothing to withdraw. He has not filed for AOS and she has already used the k1 visa to enter.

to the OP - she is out of your life and out of you hands. I believe you can write a letter stating what happened but beyond that there is nothing you can do about. Just try to move on with your life and be glad you didn't marry her.

I know right now you are really angry and hurt. No one wants to made into a fool. I would do exactly what the other posters have said to do. Cover your AZZ!!!! It doesn't matter what country these scammers are from. There is always someone out there to take advantage of people, whether a Filipina, other nationalities or your neighbor across the street from you.

Do what the others have said to do and try to heal your wounds from all of this. I feel for you, but there is nothing I can do, but to say "Good luck to you and may you find someone that will love you for you"..... :thumbs:

Is there any chance of her staying here without me? I mean can some workplace petition her to stay here or anything like that?

From what I know there is no legal way for her to stay. With a K1 you are only allowed to adjust status based on marriage to the petitioner. However that does not mean that she will be forcefully deported on day 91 of her k1 visa. If she stays she is only going to make problems for herself especially if she tries to marry someone else. But it is out of your hands and people have managed to stay here illegally for years and make some sort of life for themselves. So do what is in your control like writing a letter to USCIS (some else might know better where to send it) then be glad you didn't marry her and try to get on with you life.

good luck

well yes because her 90days is not yet laps....but if i were u report her imediately that she is no longer ur resposibility....

u said she walked away right??????????

and she can't work!

she doen't have social security number.........

04-12-08.........Married

06-11-08.........I-130 Mailed

06-13-08.........I-130 Received

06-18-08.........NOA1

06-20-08.........Touched

06-21-08.........Received NOA letter

06-23-08.........Check cashed (Hon's birthday)!

08-08-08.........Touched

08-08-08.........I-130 Approved

08-08-08.........Case completed

08-09-08.........Email Received

08-15-08.........NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08-28-08.........Received AOS Notice

09-04-08.........I-864 Received by NVC

09-04-08.........DS3032 email resent

09-11-08.........Paid IV bill online

09-12-08.........Sent DS230

09-15-08.........Sent a email to NVC requesting for early interview due to pregnancy

09-23-08.........RFE

09-26-08.........Found out that a expedite was granted due to pregnancy (NVC RULES)!

10-01-08.........Case Received at Embassy

10-03-08.........Faxed Expedite request to Embassy

10-05-08.........Expedite granted! USEM Rules!

10-07-08.........Delbros Paid (no longer required)

10-15-08.........Medical

10-16-08.........Medical Passed

10-22-08.........Interview PASSED!!(Pink Slip)

10-24-08.........Visa in hand

11-01-08.........POE (Hawaii),flight #######!

11-13-08.........SSN arrived

11-26-08.........welcome note

12-16-08.........GREEN CARD RECIEVED

02-12-09......... gave birth to a beautiful Baby Girl

04-21-09......... Veterinary LabTechician (job) (Cleveland Veterinary Hospital)

.[

10f2b0h.jpg22aveq.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys, my fiance arrived here over 2 weeks ago. We had problems from the start and I decided its best to let her go back. She went to her friend's place last week and she was supposed to leave today. I know she and her friend are lying to me and she is still here in the states. Is there anything I can do to stop all this from going on? I mean I brought her here to be with me, not to be on vacation with her friend.

if you know her friend then call the police and report that friend.

my cousin is a cop over in the US and he said they can do something about it. but someone has to call them and make a report.

report her best friend and report your ex-future wife.

do something so these scammers can be taught a lesson.

she is staying illegally now. you have every right to bring her back since your petition let her set foot there.

she can not marry someone else because she is still bound to your petition. if you report her now, she cant get away.

but if you keep posting here on VJ and not do anything then youre wasting time and youve just been had and robbed.

each day that you allow to fly by and dont report to the cops or authorities is another day for her to scheme you out and possible somebody else.

so please... do something. NOW.

good luck.

THE JOURNEY

03-31-08 - FILED for K1

04-16-08 - NOA1

06-11-08 - RFE on uscis website

08-12-08 - fiance started calling uscis every week cos he never got the RFE in the mail, requested for a new one

08-13-08 - touched

09-19-08 - touched

09-24-08 - touched

10-15-08 - new RFE finally in the mail (after hundreds of calls to uscis)

10-28-08 - fiance sent back RFE documents

10-31-08 - touched

11-04-08 - RFE reply recieved

11-05-08 - touched

11-10-08 - APPROVED (on uscis website)

11-11-08 - touched

11-13-08 - touched

11-17-08 - NOA2

11-24-08 - consulate received

12-15-08 - day 1 medical exam at SLEC

12-16-08 - day 2 medical exam results released

01-07-09 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

01-16-09 - visa received

02-12-09 - CFO

03-15-09 - FLIGHT

06-11-09 - wedding

07-10-09 - AOS

08-21-09 - biometrics

09-23-09 - repeat biometrics (argh!)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi guys, my fiance arrived here over 2 weeks ago. We had problems from the start and I decided its best to let her go back. She went to her friend's place last week and she was supposed to leave today. I know she and her friend are lying to me and she is still here in the states. Is there anything I can do to stop all this from going on? I mean I brought her here to be with me, not to be on vacation with her friend.

She has been granted a 90 day stay in the USA. She can do anything she wants with her time until then without penalty. When her 90 days is up, she's out of status. She can only adjust status through a marriage to you.

Here's to hoping the problems from the start were not you being a control freak.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
Is there any chance of her staying here without me? I mean can some workplace petition her to stay here or anything like that?

Yes, there is a chance she will be able to stay - not legally, perhaps - and it happens quite often. If she can marry someone and file for the green card, her case would be on hold until the AOS is reviewed. But at least she will be out of your life.

But there had to be an implied contract filed with USCIS, in which you each promised to marry one another. The contract would be recognized in law. Perhaps a lawyer would be willing to file a civil suit of some kind alleging breach of promise, and seeking to be reimbursed for your expenditures in reliance plus mental anguish. A letter from that lawyer to her, advising her of the plan to file suit, might be enough to scare her back to the Phils. There is not a big chance the lawsuit would be successful, however.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, there is a chance she will be able to stay - not legally, perhaps - and it happens quite often. If she can marry someone and file for the green card, her case would be on hold until the AOS is reviewed. But at least she will be out of your life.

But there had to be an implied contract filed with USCIS, in which you each promised to marry one another. The contract would be recognized in law. Perhaps a lawyer would be willing to file a civil suit of some kind alleging breach of promise, and seeking to be reimbursed for your expenditures in reliance plus mental anguish. A letter from that lawyer to her, advising her of the plan to file suit, might be enough to scare her back to the Phils. There is not a big chance the lawsuit would be successful, however.

She has no legal option for remaining in the USA but that may not matter to her and is out of your control.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

You just need to send a letter to ICE explaining that the marriage is not going to happen. She will be out of status in 90 days of her entry into the US. Then she is not your responsibility and there is no way she can remain her legally either through work or marriage to somebody else. If it gives you some peace - she's already digging her own grave, let her, as an illegal, life is not going to be a bed of roses for her and to become a legal and stay here or to be able to come back, she will have to leave and pretty soon. By then you would have reported about her and they will have her info on the database for next time she tries to get a visa.

The best thing you can do is - Move on and remember she could be stupid enough to not realise what she's getting herself into and might come back to you later. You can have your last laugh then (if it still matters to you by then). For now just be thankful that she did not do the kind of damage she could have by marrying you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She hurt you pretty good huh?

I empathize with you, and know what you are going through right now.

Listen, don't think that getting even with her will make you feel any better. In the long run, the best you can do is move on as difficult as that sounds.

Let

It

Go

Working on AOS

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Looks like you've been given some really good advice in this thread, as well as the original thread.

I'm sure it hurts, but the best revenge you can get is to keep moving forward, and not looking back.

Take control of your life today...as long as you keep thinking about what could've been, and what you could've done,

or what you should do to her now, SHE is still in control. Break free, and start living your life.

Just consider yourself lucky that she didn't string you on longer...now you have the freedom to find the right person for you.

She will get her's in the end. When something really terrible happens to her, she won't have to guess why...it will be karma

making it's U-turn and heading straight towards her sorry a$s at 100mph.

Seriously, take your life back. Live it.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! at least, she had given you the chance to find another woman... Go on and move on... :dance:

February 2006 - File Petition, Approved

May 2006 - Medical, Interview, VISA on hand

September 2006 - Set foot prints in the chilly icy JFK, NYC

December 2006 - Civil Wedding

March 2007 - File AOS

June 29, 2007 - Temporary Green Card

I-751

May 30, 2009 - Priority Mail with Confirmation Receipt I-751 Packet

June 1, 2009 - Packed Received by USCIS around 4PM (per USPS Confirmation Delivery Receipt) - now, what's next?

June 2, 2009 - I-797C Receipt Date (Time 21:07....are they operating 24 hours???)

June 3, 2009 - Cashed Check/Bank Cleared

June 4, 2009 - USCIS Postage Date

June 5, 2009 - Local Post Office Receipt date (so, its been sitting on our mail box in house #2 for 5 days...)

June 11, 2009 - Got it! 1 year extension notice......

June 18, 2009 - Received Biometrics schedule

July 10, 2009 - Biometrics Day (cancelled/re-sched)

July 23, 2009 - Biometrics day

November 2, 2009 - Approved

November 5, 2009 - Received via Mail "Approval Notice"

Waiting for actual GC

----NO RFE!!!-----------

rmdlw2.png

Looks like you've been given some really good advice in this thread, as well as the original thread.

I'm sure it hurts, but the best revenge you can get is to keep moving forward, and not looking back.

Take control of your life today...as long as you keep thinking about what could've been, and what you could've done,

or what you should do to her now, SHE is still in control. Break free, and start living your life.

Just consider yourself lucky that she didn't string you on longer...now you have the freedom to find the right person for you.

She will get her's in the end. When something really terrible happens to her, she won't have to guess why...it will be karma

making it's U-turn and heading straight towards her sorry a$s at 100mph.

Seriously, take your life back. Live it.

Right on the money buddy! Best advice I have seen yet! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.