• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Come on...it's gotta be stupid kids...who can't even vote.

Who knows what their motivations were...but they weren't trying to help the Obama campaign.

CLEARLY this type of incident only helps the McCain camp...it makes them martyrs and sends a message that the pundits are evil and juvenile.

No sane person would do this in the name of their candidate....same as last week with Ashley Todd.

The insane do not represent the campaign. They represent the insane.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Come on...it's gotta be stupid kids...who can't even vote.

Who knows what their motivations were...but they weren't trying to help the Obama campaign.

CLEARLY this type of incident only helps the McCain camp...it makes them martyrs and sends a message that the pundits are evil and juvenile.

No sane person would do this in the name of their candidate....same as last week with Ashley Todd.

The insane do not represent the campaign. They represent the insane.

indeed...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Rupa,

I agree that this crime heinous like any other types of crime. However, to point fingers instead of finding the true perpetrator is very low. Not only that, it's also another thing to blast out the perpetrator to be an Obama supporter. I'm not saying that this is impossible. But, please get the facts straight.

If you cannot reason then don't point fingers.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Rupa,

I agree that this crime heinous like any other types of crime. However, to point fingers instead of finding the true perpetrator is very low. Not only that, it's also another thing to blast out the perpetrator to be an Obama supporter. I'm not saying that this is impossible. But, please get the facts straight.

If you cannot reason then don't point fingers.

If we play the statistical patterns... it points to one particular set of lunatics over the other.

My electrons went from 1s to 3p. I must eat.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

"If you cannot reason then don't point fingers"

That's funny, I could say the same thing to you. But I won't, I choose not to slander you like you did me in my other thread, insulting my degree of education or lack thereof, which is a pretty poor argument for your position, since you know nothing about me or the experiences I have had that have formed my opinions and world views. But wait, you are a democrat right? Aren't you suposed to be tolerant of everybody's world views and opinions?

I have no malice towards you, yet you continue to assume my position or understanding of my intent behind posting and paste me as ignorant and uneducated with a neanderthall like understanding of economics because you took one economics course in university. Perhaps my positions are simple because common sense is simple. I worked on two degrees over 6 years in University and finished by travelling through most of western europe and have a first hand view of 7 specific countries, their economic policies, the impacts of them and the factors that have either contributed to or detracted from their wealth. But to be honest I don't believe that Universities teach you everything you need to know about life. Let's just say that common sense and a hell of a lot of hard work, and making a few mistakes has taught me most of my valuable lessons and I probably have much more to show for that than others who are waiting for a liberal gov't to solve all of their problems. I can see that my one mistake this week was to try and speak to people on this site who are more biggoted and closed mided despite being prejudice towards biggotry and closedmindedness.

The government is not supposed to solve your problems economic or otherwise, you are. Take some responsibility.

As for the article, I posted it in this thread because I was disgusted and frustrated, but chose not to provide a commentary as details of who the perpatraitors are have not been released and my disgust was simply that SH** like this is happening. I used it as a response to your post in another thread because you were making it sound like it is only Obama who is being attacked.

Once again I have no ill will towards you but I must defend myself against the untrue comments you have made of me.

Edited by rupa

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Oct ??/07 - Lawyer sent in I-129F

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Jan 18/07 - Waiting anxiously

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Feb 29/08 - NOA 2 - Approved!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Mar 10/08 - Petition arrived at NVC

Mar 12/08 - NVC forwarded Petition to Vancouver Consulate!

Mar 28/08 - Received packet 3

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

May 13/08 - Interview date YAHOO!

GOT THE VISA!!!!! MAY 14, 2008

July 6/08 - Crossed the border - they let me in!!

July 12/08 - Wedding day - it was perfect!

July 23/08 - Back from Honeymoon in PR - now onto AOS?!?!?!

Sept 3/08 - AOS package in the mail - what a headache!

Sept 9/08 - 3 NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

Sept 30/08 - Biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

Nov 13/08 - Touch on AOS and EAD

Nov 17/08 - AP shows up in the mail

Nov 17/08 - EAD card production ordered

Jun 25/09 - Green Card Production ordered - Finally after 10 months!

June 30/09 - Received welcome letter!

July 10/09 - GREENCARD! - All done for a bit now!

May 20/11 - Sent in I-751 for removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

What is the role of Government in your opinion? I know your previous comment was directed to the poster you were replying to but here is my opinion.

I have done everything right. When I bought my home, I paid very close attention to everything that was put before me. I used to have credit cards but I paid them all before buying the house. I have been very responsible financially.

BUT

I received my 2008 tax statement today. In a previous post (different thread) I had felt that the Home Mortgage Crisis had not affected us in Mansfield, Texas. My home in March of this year was valued at $152,000 (2007 value). But my tax statement today says that my home value is $144,000. My initial Mortgage amount was $115,000 My home in 4 years had gained $37,000 in value. I've lost $8,000 in value.

The Government needs to get in there and serve my economic concerns regarding the value of my home and SOLVE this problem which was not of my making. I've done my part. Government needs to make sure this never happens again (to me) Anyone who screwed up deserves what they are getting, but I don't.

Edited by Gigli2008

Rupa,

Same with you assuming that the perpetrator is an Obama supporter. Or maybe it was some kid pranskter. If you can explain this is caused by an Obama supporter, than you can explain why there are vandalism on streets in every metropolitan area. Simple minded, you don't want to be.

Consolemaster for Govenor! He has excellent critical thinking skills.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Rupa,

Same with you assuming that the perpetrator is an Obama supporter. Or maybe it was some kid pranskter. If you can explain this is caused by an Obama supporter, than you can explain why there are vandalism on streets in every metropolitan area. Simple minded, you don't want to be.

Its because of science.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Rupa,

These images are a sad implication of reality that is accepted. Hate crimes are everywhere. But, pointing fingers at a candidate because one believe is the reason why there is vandalism like this is wrong.

or just maybe, it's indicative of the lengths some of those supporters will go to.

Fools. They are just plain fools.

Makes me always think what will they think of next?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
What is the role of Government in your opinion? I know your previous comment was directed to the poster you were replying to but here is my opinion.

I have done everything right. When I bought my home, I paid very close attention to everything that was put before me. I used to have credit cards but I paid them all before buying the house. I have been very responsible financially.

BUT

I received my 2008 tax statement today. In a previous post (different thread) I had felt that the Home Mortgage Crisis had not affected us in Mansfield, Texas. My home in March of this year was valued at $152,000 (2007 value). But my tax statement today says that my home value is $144,000. My initial Mortgage amount was $115,000 My home in 4 years had gained $37,000 in value. I've lost $8,000 in value.

The Government needs to get in there and serve my economic concerns regarding the value of my home and SOLVE this problem which was not of my making. I've done my part. Government needs to make sure this never happens again (to me) Anyone who screwed up deserves what they are getting, but I don't.

Gigli, there are 3 points you might need to consider.

1. In many locations, the estimated value used to establish your tax rate, is different from the estimated sales value.

2. You really haven't lost or gained anything until you sell the house. That is, just like you didn't have an extra $37K to spend last year, you're not $8K out of pocket today.

3. There still aren't many markets where you can safely make $29K in 5 years. That's still a decent increase...especially versus renting where you could just throw $50K into the toilet over 5 years.

I'm not saying that the government (regardless of who is in power) doesn't have a lot of work to do for us, but you're still in pretty good shape.

There are people in Nevada who've lost 30% of the value of their homes.

Edited by Ling Ling

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

BUT

Gigli, there are 3 points you might need to consider.

1. In many locations, the estimated value used to establish your tax rate, is different from the estimated sales value.

2. You really haven't lost or gained anything until you sell the house. That is, just like you didn't have an extra $37K to spend last year, you're not $8K out of pocket today.

3. There still aren't many markets where you can safely make $29K in 5 years. That's still a decent increase...especially versus renting where you could just throw $50K into the toilet over 5 years.

I'm not saying that the government (regardless of who is in power) doesn't have a lot of work to do for us, but you're still in pretty good shape.

There are people in Nevada who've lost 30% of the value of their homes.

Good point Ling Ling :thumbs: I am just frustrated that in a few months the value has gone down $8K. Since my family will be expanding in a few months (from 3 to 6 - husband and 2 step-sons after USCIS approval) I've been preparing to sell and buy a slightly bigger home so we can all fit comfortably. I still feel cheated off $8,000, like I should have sold in March before everything went south. Also, I have to consider that the first years of mortgage payment goes toward interest payments and don't make a dent in the principal amount until 20% of total loan is paid. Meaning that I have so far paid more than $60,000 in mortgage payments month to month for 4 years yet I have only made a $10,000 dent on my loan. That is where I feel I have lost $8,000 that could have helped in denting the loan further, had I sold early.

If this goes on without resolve, what will my story be 2 to 3 years from now? Will I be upside-down on my mortgage!! That's where I think Government is important in problem-solving issues beyond the citizen's control.

Timeline
Meaning that I have so far paid more than $60,000 in mortgage payments month to month for 4 years yet I have only made a $10,000 dent on my loan. That is where I feel I have lost $8,000 that could have helped in denting the loan further, had I sold early.

If this goes on without resolve, what will my story be 2 to 3 years from now? Will I be upside-down on my mortgage!! That's where I think Government is important in problem-solving issues beyond the citizen's control.

Hey Gigli,

I know how you feel. If you want to make a bigger dent into your principal, one easy way is to ask your mortgager if they have a plan where you can pay every 2 weeks or 2x a month, instead of just 1x a month. This method changes the amortization of your loan, and you can pay off a 30 year loan in 19 to 23 years on average.

If you really want to get aggressive (and have the ability to) you can just throw in an extra principal payment at the end of the year, or a little bit every year.

I have a 30 year loan. By paying an extra $400 every month, I can pay off my home in 15 years, and save a HUGE chunk in Interest.

I know it doesn't help right now...but hopefully you can use this information toward your new home.

======= Yeah, I'm thread jacking...so what ========

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Rupa,

Its because of science.

Science killed Santa.