Machiavillain

Third K1 Visa

574 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
thats why they are a high fraud country...for their honesty?

Just read this USCIS link where the US govt did a study.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/MobRept_AppendixA.pdf

Apparently, after 10 years of follow up, they found that Asian /Western marriages, 80% are still married, (compared to only 50% of Western/Western marriages) and the age gaps are large by western standards, the girl often being 10-20 years younger. And when interviewed, economic improvement was not the motivating factor for marying Western men. It says so in the US govt study. Asian ladies dont easily divorce. WIth or without $$, they are happy with a loving husband. Its a fact that in America, finances are the #1 cause of divorce. Ask any mariage counselor! And its not the man leaving the woman because she doesnt make enough. !!!!!Think about it.

Many find it hard to believe, but while NOT ALL Western woman are $$$ sensitive, it is what causes many ladies to divorce or leave their man in teh US. Sorry if thats hard to accept. I dont need that kind of stress in my life. I want a woman who will stay with me regardless of what $$ I make. This is one of MANY reasons why I seek a foreign , if not filipina wife.

Sorry this has gotten so far off topic.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lastly, no, I dont HATE American woman. I just think that most will divorce (or not even start dating a man) who doesnt make a certain amount of money. Let me prove my point once and for all

POLL for the ladies, BE HONEST!!

How many American ladies here would date or marry a man who only made $18K /yr as his career job(not due to being a student or similar circumstance)BE HONEST NOW!! .

I gurantee you, 80% of American ladies will say "NO WAY!" . But 90% of Latin or Asian ladies will say "YES WAY, as long as he works, it doesnt matter how much he makes".

Most of you know what Im saying. MONEY does matter with woman here in the US. No one will ever convince me otherwise. I honestly believe that it doesnt matter to most woman in Asian and Latin countries. As long as he has a job and is a good man, they are happy with him. This is probably at the root of why I believe love is for sale in the West. It absolutely shocks me to hear american people think that foreign ladies marry American guys for economic reasons. In some cases it true Im sure, but I believe the exact opposite is true as the study I posted from the US govt link I provided earlier indicates. Its the American ladies who marry or date based on money via a minimum income standard. Its just not openly discussed on dates of course. As the study shows, the foreign girls dont list money as one of their reasons when interviewed about why they are marrying a foreigner. But here in the west, No money, no honey! Ive seen too many friends get burned because they didnt make enough for their wives to stay happy. So yes, I am chapped at what I see go on here compared to what I see when I visted and dated and got to know woman in other countries. WHat an eye opener. Even here in the USA, I noticed this difference when dating foreign americans vs regular american girls.

No one has to agree with me here and I apologize if anyone is offended. Maybe now you know a little more as to why someone feels they prefer to seek a woman overseas. Chastize me if you want, but I cant tell yo how many men feel the same way I do. Any dating mesage board such as plenty of fish.com for example, has tons of men who say the same things about woman in Western countries . Again, I understand that NOT ALL are this way. Its just hard to find the ones who arnt .

Edited by steve55

Filed: Other Timeline
Lastly, no, I dont HATE American woman. I just think that most will divorce (or not even start dating a man) who doesnt make a certain amount of money. Let me prove my point once and for all

How many American ladies here would date or marry a man who only made $18K /yr as his career job(not due to being a student or similar circumstance)BE HONEST NOW!! .

I gurantee you, 80% of American ladies will say "NO WAY!" . But 90% of Latin or Asian ladies will say "YES WAY, as long as he works, it doesnt matter how much he makes".

Most of you know what Im saying. MONEY does matter with woman here in the US. No one will ever convince me otherwise. I honestly believe that it doesnt matter to most woman in Asian and Latin countries. As long as he has a job and is a good man, they are happy with him. This is probably at the root of why I believe love is for sale in the West. It absolutely shocks me to hear american people think that foreign ladies marry American guys for economic reasons. In some cases it true Im sure, but I believe the exact opposite is true as the study I posted from the US govt link I provided earlier indicates. Its the American ladies who marry or date based on money via a minimum income standard. Its just not openly discussed on dates of course. As the study shows, the foreign girls dont list money as one of their reasons when interviewed about why they are marrying a foreigner. But here in the west, No money, no honey! Ive seen too many friends get burned because they didnt make enough for their wives to stay happy. So yes, I am chapped at what I see go on here compared to what I see when I visted and dated and got to know woman in other countries. WHat an eye opener. Even here in the USA, I noticed this difference when dating foreign americans vs regular american girls.

No one has to agree with me here and I apologize if anyone is offended. Maybe now you know a little more as to why someone feels they prefer to seek a woman overseas. Chastize me if you want, but I cant tell yo how many men feel the same way I do. Any dating mesage board such as plenty of fish.com for example, has tons of men who say the same things about woman in Western countries . Again, I understand that NOT ALL are this way. Its just hard to find the ones who arnt .

I am so happy my husband did not have these prejudiced ideas against American women when we met.... :unsure:

Believe me we are not all like that - my husband will most likely never be rich and my expectations are more on an Asian level rather than the 'McMansion, SUV, flatscreen TV' level, still I am happy if he can find a job, any job in this economy. Most likely he will make less than $18K for a while since he does not have a college degree and it is hard to find any work - this is the reality, not through any fault of his own. I was never raised to depend on a man and maybe that is the difference - it takes two incomes to support a household nowadays. I am a librarian who is used to making do on a limited income and never had the 'princess complex'. I married later in life for the first time and for me divorce is not an option unless he is cheating or abusing me - money problems can be worked out and are often due to so many outside economic factors so why take it out on your husband when he is doing his best?

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Lastly, no, I dont HATE American woman. I just think that most will divorce (or not even start dating a man) who doesnt make a certain amount of money. BSLet me prove my point once and for all

How many American ladies here would date or marry a man who only made $18K /yr as his career job(not due to being a student or similar circumstance)BE HONEST NOW!! . I can support myself and have never relied on a man or anyone to pay my bills.

I gurantee you, 80% of American ladies will say "NO WAY!" . But 90% of Latin or Asian ladies will say "YES WAY, as long as he works, it doesnt matter how much he makes". Oh come on now...80%? So you know 80% of American women?

Most of you know what Im saying. MONEY does matter with woman here in the US. No one will ever convince me otherwise. I honestly believe that it doesnt matter to most woman in Asian and Latin countries. As long as he has a job and is a good man, they are happy with him. This is probably at the root of why I believe love is for sale in the West. It absolutely shocks me to hear american people think that foreign ladies marry American guys for economic reasons. In some cases it true Im sure, but I believe the exact opposite is true as the study I posted from the US govt link I provided earlier indicates. Its the American ladies who marry or date based on money via a minimum income standard. generalize much?Its just not openly discussed on dates of course. As the study shows, the foreign girls dont list money as one of their reasons when interviewed about why they are marrying a foreignerof course they don't list that-it would be a HUGE red flag... But here in the west, No money, no honey!BS generalization again Ive seen too many friends get burned because they didnt make enough for their wives to stay happy. So yes, I am chapped at what I see go on here compared to what I see when I visted and dated and got to know woman in other countries. WHat an eye opener. Even here in the USA, I noticed this difference when dating foreign americans vs regular american girls.

No one has to agree with me here and I apologize if anyone is offended. Maybe now you know a little more as to why someone feels they prefer to seek a woman overseas. Chastize me if you want, but I cant tell yo how many men feel the same way I do. Any dating mesage board such as plenty of fish.com for example, has tons of men who say the same things about woman in Western countriesDon't you think that 'some of those men' are feeling the need to somehow justify their choice of a bride by denegrating and generalizing American women......Not all of course, but some definitly, I think . Again, I understand that NOT ALL are this way Thanks for that :thumbs:. Its just hard to find the ones who arnt .Maybe you were looking in the wrong places....? Just maybe, hummmm?

And for those that say "princess women expect a man to financially support that"...I worked hard, studied- great career and I've never, ever asked nor expected a man to support my lifestyle! Done and do great job of that myself! The fact that Mark has been hugely successful here bears no weight on our standard of living, nor did it carry any weight when we first met -only in the fact that I admired ( and still do) his ambition and tenacity....Something we had in common, and I can relate to.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Poppycock.

Why don't you start a poll in the polls area and find out.

Filed: Timeline

Forget American Ladies. I would not date/marry a man who makes $18K/yr at your age, not because I can't support myself but only because it tells a lot about his ambition and goals in life. I am not American but Asian

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
anything above a BMI of 25 is considered overweight

But, BMI isn't good at accounting for muscle mass. Maybe he lifts alot?

exactly...not all people who have a higher BMI are *fat*

:bonk:

and so what if that person is overweight...ack

Oh, as a recovering anorexic, I totally understand the shortcomings of BMI. But still. I thought it was hilarious that he's conventionally considered overweight, yet he's complaining about American women who are overweight. Hypocrisy, much?

6'3" and 215 is not "conventionally considered overweight". It is healthy for a man to have this shape. I am 5'9" and 205, carry it all above the waist because i used to lift a lot, and am still muscle bound. You might call me "overweight", but I would then in turn challenge you and your 3 best friends to an arm-wrestling match, simultaneously.

Seriously, a 5'2" 150 pound woman is a lot more overweight than a 6'3" 215 pound man.

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6'3" and 215 is not "conventionally considered overweight". It is healthy for a man to have this shape. I am 5'9" and 205, carry it all above the waist because i used to lift a lot, and am still muscle bound. You might call me "overweight", but I would then in turn challenge you and your 3 best friends to an arm-wrestling match, simultaneously.

Seriously, a 5'2" 150 pound woman is a lot more overweight than a 6'3" 215 pound man.

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

Who cares?

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Steve, why is it so important for you to find a woman without "baggage"? Sounds to me like you carry quite a bit of that yourself.

Money matters to me, I'll admit that. I make good money myself and expect my husband to pull his part in a relationship. It is also important for me to have a "partner", which means I want my husband to be on the same level intellectually, which in turn means he is well educated and makes decent money, too. Would I divorce him if he lost his job and made less money in a new job? Hell no, of course not. But I would certainly expect him to either find a new job or go back to school or whatever, not just sit on his butt and expect me to pay for everything. If he would chose to ge back to school, I would be perfectly willing to pay for our household, since I would consider this as him doing his part. He feels the same way about it.

Since I don't rely on him financially, I also have no desire to take everything away from him if our relationship should fail for whatever reason.

We both work about the same hours and also roughly share the work at home 50%/50%. If he had a tough day, is tired and just wants to relax, I have zero problems with cooking him a nice dinner, serving him a beer and later do the dishes while he sits on the sofa and has his feet up. However, if I have a flu I also expect him to cook me some chicken soup and be there for me.

It matters to both of us what we look like. We go to the gym together to stay in shape and take care of ourselves. It is important to both of us to stay attractive for one another. That also doesn't mean I would dump him if he gained weight, and I know he wouldn't either since I did gain a little bit since I moved here :P . But I would consider it extremely unfair if he thought it was o.k. for him to be fat and lazy, but I had to look like the eternal 12 year old...

On top of that, we have a 16 year age difference (him being older) and it has never been an issue. I don't think there's a difference between Western women and other women - if we find somebody we love, age doesn't matter that much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there needs to be a balance in every relationship. Be willing to give what you hope to get, and it shouldn't matter where the wife comes from.

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I personally want sex more than on Wednesday night....and that could be the problem, maybe us American or "westernized" women want more than 'ol Steve is prepared to give. Once a week is likely to make me a tad mouthy....

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:pop: time for round two! tvboxing.gif

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I personally want sex more than on Wednesday night....and that could be the problem, maybe us American or "westernized" women want more than 'ol Steve is prepared to give. Once a week is likely to make me a tad mouthy....

oh have i got a smiley for that affliction :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Forget American Ladies. I would not date/marry a man who makes $18K/yr at your age, not because I can't support myself but only because it tells a lot about his ambition and goals in life. I am not American but Asian

Agreed :thumbs:

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, mennot all men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

just corrected your broad, all encompassing statement :D

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife is 5'1" and 105. Her figure is part of the attraction that resulted in our marriage. Whether you like it or not, mennot all men are attracted to women that are not overweight.

just corrected your broad, all encompassing statement :D

pun intended?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.