w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin Is McCain's VP Pick

339 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sarah is absolutely clueless and has gotten by with her looks and no real substance.

This is truly scary.

Hey it worked for Quayle!

LOL...I've been thinking the same thing!

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
So we have one Alaskan who dislikes Malin & that is 'golden' to you Obama lovers?

Kinda like Gary saying Obama is ####### & you actually believing him. ;)

Seriously? Talk about tunnel vision. Hey, if it works for you, fine. I prefer to do my own research, not go by one VJer's word.

I could care less who likes and/or dislikes her.All I know that it was a smart move on his part choosing her for a running mate.And yes,I am a Obama lover.

I'm not disagreeing with you - I think it was very smart. :yes: I just find it funny that one VJer has convinced a few others that she is evil. :lol:

Illumine, please do the research on her, I'm begging everyone to! VJers asked what her story was and I told them. I never said she was evil. I said she got hammered in her gubernatorial debates, which is common knowledge and will probably happen again against Biden. I said she has caused controversy over her dealings with royalty taxes of Big Oil (which I even said I agreed with her on) and the natural gas pipeline. Both of these issues have old-school R's in Alaska questioning whether she's actually a true Republican. But, she's extremely pro-life and pro-guns, so she's got that covered. I said she's run into some ethical problems of late over her alleged attempts to influence the Commissioner of Public Safety to fire her ex-brother in law, then her dismissal of the Commissioner when he refused. These aren't pulled out of thin air, you can easily find plenty of information on all of this. I believe I said that I thought she had a good heart. (the horror!!)

Listen, if McCain had picked Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski from Alaska to be his running mate, I'd be the first one singing her praises and would be voting "R." Don't try to make this a D vs R thing. It's not. It's about someone who isn't fit to be the Vice President of the United States, after showing, in my opinion, that she has trouble even leading the State of Alaska.

Timeline

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

7/17/2008 Visa received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
You are missing the point. It is not about WPM or the ability to compare platforms, nor is it any other X, Y or Z specific skill, it is an overarching ability to be an active participant in the use of exponentially growing technology - a HUGE aspect of modern society. We live in a digital world. Could someone who is not in touch with this digital world act as president? Of course. Would they make the best president? Probably not.

Nah, I see your point. I just disagree with it! I see it as irrelevant. People getting on computers and using them in their everyday life is definitely a part of our modern society. But what exactly does that amount to? Mainly checking E-Mails, Going to different websites, downloading youtube videos, perhaps opening up documents and reading them. Beyond that, most people who use a computer don't even know how to use the find and replace function.

So, what skills does one person who knows how to use a google search engine have over someone who has one of their aides do it for them that puts them more in touch with the issues you describe? None. The issues you are talking about are far more complex than your everyday computer user can deal with.

It would be nice if he could use Microsoft Money or Quicken though, just to show what an unbalanced budget looks like in simple terms!

Well said. I agree.

Timeline
So we have one Alaskan who dislikes Malin & that is 'golden' to you Obama lovers?

Seriously? Talk about tunnel vision. Hey, if it works for you, fine. I prefer to do my own research, not go by one VJer's word.

I could care less who likes and/or dislikes her.All I know that it was a smart move on his part choosing her for a running mate.And yes,I am a Obama lover.

I'm not disagreeing with you - I think it was very smart. :yes: I just find it funny that one VJer has convinced a few others that she is evil. :lol:

Illumine, please do the research on her, I'm begging everyone to! VJers asked what her story was and I told them. I never said she was evil. I said she got hammered in her gubernatorial debates, which is common knowledge and will probably happen again against Biden. I said she has caused controversy over her dealings with royalty taxes of Big Oil (which I even said I agreed with her on) and the natural gas pipeline. Both of these issues have old-school R's in Alaska questioning whether she's actually a true Republican. But, she's extremely pro-life and pro-guns, so she's got that covered. I said she's run into some ethical problems of late over her alleged attempts to influence the Commissioner of Public Safety to fire her ex-brother in law, then her dismissal of the Commissioner when he refused. These aren't pulled out of thin air, you can easily find plenty of information on all of this. I believe I said that I thought she had a good heart. (the horror!!)

Listen, if McCain had picked Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski from Alaska to be his running mate, I'd be the first one singing her praises and would be voting "R." Don't try to make this a D vs R thing. It's not. It's about someone who isn't fit to be the Vice President of the United States, after showing, in my opinion, that she has trouble even leading the State of Alaska.

I think Dev (Illumine) was baiting you with the word 'evil.' She knows you didn't say that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
devil's advocate here:

So what if McCain chose a woman for strategic reasons. Did Obama choose Biden to help secure the on-the-fence Dems who feel more comfortable with an older white man? Maybe, maybe not on both counts.

In the case of inexperience (for both Palin and Obama) to those who cite that as a reason. many Germans thought Angela Merckel was a risk because of her inexperience and she has proven to be a great leader for Germany.

There is so much bickering here and a lot of "Hello, Pot, my name is Kettle" too (no surprise ... it's VJ :) ) when there could be civil and interesting debate. (btw, that comment isn't directed at anyone in particular, just the overall bickering)

Actually, I think there is a lot of interesting debate going on.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

Timeline
devil's advocate here:

So what if McCain chose a woman for strategic reasons. Did Obama choose Biden to help secure the on-the-fence Dems who feel more comfortable with an older white man? Maybe, maybe not on both counts.

In the case of inexperience (for both Palin and Obama) to those who cite that as a reason. many Germans thought Angela Merckel was a risk because of her inexperience and she has proven to be a great leader for Germany.

There is so much bickering here and a lot of "Hello, Pot, my name is Kettle" too (no surprise ... it's VJ :) ) when there could be civil and interesting debate. (btw, that comment isn't directed at anyone in particular, just the overall bickering)

Actually, I think there is a lot of interesting debate going on.

Yep. I agree. You have to filter through the riff raff - ignore the baiting and silly arguments to find that there are some really good points made by all sides of the argument.

Filed: Timeline

I already said I was going to do my own research (see post 124).

My feeling is that she is totally unexperienced in economic matters and foreign policy.

I've done my own research for Obama & feel he is completely incapable of leading our nation - much like how you feel about Palin. However, he would be leading it, while Palin would be #2. My vote is not one I take lightly - and I am not ready to decide yet.

I think Dev (Illumine) was baiting you with the word 'evil.' She knows you didn't say that.

Do us all a favor - don't assume or speak for me(or anyone), Steven. I was not baiting - it's called paraphrasing.

Edited by illumine

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Really? The President needs to personally get on a PC to understand how to deal with these? He can't like, have advisors that understand these things in detail or something?

Does he need to actually understand how hackers manipulate passwords and get through firewalls?

By the way, do you know the Con for Net Neutrality?

A person who spends all their time on a PC and has time to sit down and compare platforms and weigh out whether they prefer a MAC or a PC from a PC users perspective is not likely to have an unbiased opinion of net neutrality. It is about a lot more than that and having the facts presented from both sides- in person, not text messaging, is going to suffice and be of a lot more value.

"The President needs to personally get on a PC to understand how to deal with these?" --

Gee, McCain campaign says you have to be a Vietnam vet pow to understand the security issues...

As always, same rules do not apply to both sides, huh?

Still do not see how a clueless disoriented dude can have a judgement based on his pow experiences.. More like the opposite, with anger and flashbacks.

Hey, did I ever say that? Has there ever been a time that I have even commented on McCain's ability to understand or not understand security issues or whether I thought his being a POW made him any more or less qualified to be President? I'll answer for you. No. The truth is that there are plenty of things you could attack McCain on that would be relevant to his position as Commander in Chief. This is just not one of them.

Well said. I agree.

:dance:

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the interesting reading/information folks. :thumbs: thankfully I still have a little tiime to decide.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

lllumine

I just hope you do some research on Palin.

Timeline

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

7/17/2008 Visa received

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
lllumine

I just hope you do some research on Palin.

Hey , I researched on her and suggested McCaain to pick palin way back in March. McCain must be lurking on vj

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1636310

:lol::lol:

Wow, you and Gary both. What info have you guys been sharing?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Looks has nothing to do with anything. Edwards could not get in with his movie star looks and Palin's legs ain't enough to sway intelligent men and women who supported Hillary for her hard work and mental strength. Yes it is all politics (duh) and McCain tries to now catch the female/younger population, look like a decent man by picking a woman, and then and then sucking up all the goods that Alaska ever had. It is not a strategtic or a genius move by McCain - it was downright necessary. If he picked another man, an older man, and one with same experience it would become the McCain-McCain ticket. So his pick was downright a given in my view and it does not make me like him any more than I do Bush.

As for A.J, I am assumig you are not in the top 10% richest people (not that all Republicans are) and someone who has seen the Republican ticket destroy an entire nation and kill thousands of innocent civilians, still remain in support of a murderous regime, one that is heartless and losing support from all over the world. It is not just you but to all the Republicans I ask this. Maybe if your SO was in Afghanistan or Iraq and got killed by the war that the Republicans have set upon it would become more real. Until then as long as everyone is ok here its all sweet and peachy. But the truth is the very rich, who represent the Republican party, don't care about you - a middle class individual. Just ask for help one day and you will see if your voice was heard or not. There will be 10 lobbyists to take your place and make sure their ideas are heard before the common people in the Republican ticket.

I don't believe in fairy tales and I do not believe Obama will be able to change the world in 4 years, but it is better than the same bullsh@t I have been seeing for the past 8 years. Maybe I am missing something here and people like to live like this, and be hated by the rest of the world and pretend they are invincible, thats fine.

I just want a break from the same old tune that is growing mold and would like to give someone who is not influenced by so many years of Washington's brainwashing to go in and try to make this country better, a place that the world respects, that is respectable and tolerable.

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif