ronjie

DO MANY PEOPLE IN THE U.S. SMOKE WEED?

206 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The Real reason marijuana, know your history, and not the propaganda that the government tells you, it started with this man, Harry J. Anslinger

The legal use of medical marijuana argue that marijuana has "accepted medical use in treatment in the US," and that it would easily meet the FDA criteria over "whether a new product's benefits to users will outweigh its risks." Marijuana, they claim, is a safe and effective treatment for dozens of conditions, such as cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, pain, migraines, glaucoma, and epilepsy. Proponents say that thousands of yearly deaths from legal prescription drugs could be prevented if medical marijuana were legal.

It is all about money, and pushing harder drugs for profit, and until people become educated it will continue. :wacko:

Let me debunk this conspiracy, or attempt. If drug companies are seeking profit, why not just sell Mary-J? I'm sure potheads will always continue to conspire with a reason to use it.

That medical report only indicate its use, not the consequence of using it while driving, or operating a machinery. The report only indicate that there are side effects related to those treatments, not directly on driver. It's not a logical analysis.

The mis-use of information can also lead to dramatic consequences.

Well I do believe GG is qualifying Mary Jane as a potential treatment. I agree that it has medicinal qualities.

Its repercussions in society can be addressed in an entirely different manner consistent with all other impairing drugs. These are two different arguments.

Mavi, put the bowl aside and focus on your coffee. :P

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
The Real reason marijuana, know your history, and not the propaganda that the government tells you, it started with this man, Harry J. Anslinger

The legal use of medical marijuana argue that marijuana has "accepted medical use in treatment in the US," and that it would easily meet the FDA criteria over "whether a new product's benefits to users will outweigh its risks." Marijuana, they claim, is a safe and effective treatment for dozens of conditions, such as cancer, AIDS, multiple sclerosis, pain, migraines, glaucoma, and epilepsy. Proponents say that thousands of yearly deaths from legal prescription drugs could be prevented if medical marijuana were legal.

It is all about money, and pushing harder drugs for profit, and until people become educated it will continue. :wacko:

Let me debunk this conspiracy, or attempt. If drug companies are seeking profit, why not just sell Mary-J? I'm sure potheads will always continue to conspire with a reason to use it.

That medical report only indicate its use, not the consequence of using it while driving, or operating a machinery. The report only indicate that there are side effects related to those treatments, not directly on driver. It's not a logical analysis.

The mis-use of information can also lead to dramatic consequences.

Well I do believe GG is qualifying Mary Jane as a potential treatment. I agree that it has medicinal qualities.

Its repercussions in society can be addressed in an entirely different manner consistent with all other impairing drugs. These are two different arguments.

Mavi, put the bowl aside and focus on your coffee. :P

Ummm... I can't... coffee is outside the lab for safety reasons... :(

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I never smoke weed. I do know of morons, imbeciles who do. They're everywhere.

Thats alot of morons, imbeciles. Glad to know you are not one of them....

Are people who drink alcohol morons/imbeciles too?

I personally think if they do it just to get drunk, then yes. I think with weed, the point of smoking it is to get high. You can drink and not get drunk. I agree with some people though who said that drunk people can do more damage and cause more accidents, but to me that doesn't mean high people are fully functional.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Also remember some people are not affected by THC as others. Hence I don't smoke weed.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The answer to the OP' question is YES. There's a ton of people who smoke weed, whether they admit it or not, just as there's a ton of people who drink. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it. In fact, I think they should make it legal and get it over with.

I don't drink or smoke but I fully support the people who choose to do it in a responsible way.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think people should educate themselves on the facts of marijuana. This whole "marijuana is evil" attitude that some people have is very sad indeed. Educate yourselves, people.

For the record I am a non-smoker (including tobacco now!) and would not smoke if it were legal.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
I think people should educate themselves on the facts of marijuana. This whole "marijuana is evil" attitude that some people have is very sad indeed. Educate yourselves, people.

For the record I am a non-smoker (including tobacco now!) and would not smoke if it were legal.

Agreed

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I never smoke weed. I do know of morons, imbeciles who do. They're everywhere.

Thats alot of morons, imbeciles. Glad to know you are not one of them....

Are people who drink alcohol morons/imbeciles too?

I personally think if they do it just to get drunk, then yes. I think with weed, the point of smoking it is to get high. You can drink and not get drunk. I agree with some people though who said that drunk people can do more damage and cause more accidents, but to me that doesn't mean high people are fully functional.

I don't smoke so I may be wrong, but I think that people can enjoy smoking without getting completely high. Like maviwaro said, not everybody is affected the same way. Just like with alcohol.

I usually don't drink, and when I do, I know that I don't need a lot of alcohol to start feeling happier. Some people need a lot more. I believe (again, this is only my opinion and I may be completely wrong) that pot should be put on the same level as alcohol, if not better, from what the medical reports seem to say. It can create an addiction, it can change someone's capacities, reflexies, etc.

Just my two cents.

I agree with you, people can be morons if they decide to get drunk or get high. It just depends on the individual and how responsible their choices are.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
weed ain't that bad as the rap people try to give to it.. i think there's more people who act like imbeciles while drunk (and can hurt people) than high people.. I've never seen a pothead fighting someone over the munchies

That's because consuming pot is done secretly. If done in the open, the penalties is more severe compared to drinking. Therefore, you hardly see anyone high since they are scared of those penalties.

Even so, if pot were legalized, you'll realize how much people would consume it and the effects of it during the operation of a car or machine. It would lead to catastrophic consequences. Don't try to give false logic.

Its done out in the open a lot, and you will see many people that are out in public high too, it is not something that is only done in deep secret bunkers. For the most part you wouldnt even notice if someone was high unless you paid close attention or their signs are too visable such as very red low eyes. Also the penalties vary from state to state, I have a friend that was only given a ticket for smoking weed on the street , if he had been drinking on the street he would have gone to jail for public intoxication and this is in Richmond VA. Weed is said to be a gateway drug and that is why so many people are against it but i think it is the way we educate children that make it a gateway drug, we say all drugs are bad and will do awful things to you, when someone smokes weed (a drug included in this class of awful drugs which atleast 50% of all teenagers will try atleast 1 once) and see that it is not as awful as everyone made it out to be it makes they then question if other drugs are as bad as they have been told as well.

Also saying that people smoking weed and driving would cause catastrophic consequences???????????? Everyone who smokes weed drives on it, where are these 200 car pile ups? I know people who drive to work high, executive people who still can function at a productive level. Weed is not the same as alcohol in that sense. You are on the highway everyday with people that are high and they drive better than your average senior citizen most of the time. The reason so many people are mixed up about the type of drug weed is and the effects it has on people again falls to the education system that creates it to be a gateway drug. I did my share of smoking it, have since quit but from my standpoint after having used it the only real negative effect it has is lowers your goals and plain makes you lazy. I agree with what a few people have said "A lot more than people know" smoke it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
weed ain't that bad as the rap people try to give to it.. i think there's more people who act like imbeciles while drunk (and can hurt people) than high people.. I've never seen a pothead fighting someone over the munchies

That's because consuming pot is done secretly. If done in the open, the penalties is more severe compared to drinking. Therefore, you hardly see anyone high since they are scared of those penalties.

Even so, if pot were legalized, you'll realize how much people would consume it and the effects of it during the operation of a car or machine. It would lead to catastrophic consequences. Don't try to give false logic.

Obviously you have spent considerable time in Amsterdam. As any one would tell you the whole town is falling apart and there are piles of cars at every intersection that are testiments to driving while stoned, crime is skyrocketing and everyone sells their children on the street corners for money to get high on.

Yep, legalized marijuana is the downfall of civilization as we know it. :wacko:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
the only real negative effect it has is lowers your goals and plain makes you lazy.

so that makes them easy to spot.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
the only real negative effect it has is lowers your goals and plain makes you lazy.

except for: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, & Barack Obama...didn't seem to make them lower their goals or lazy. :whistle:

the best way to spot smokers is: look at who is sitting closer to the food line at the buffett....dead give away!

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

except for: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, & Barack Obama...didn't seem to make them lower their goals or lazy. :whistle:

the best way to spot smokers is: look at who is sitting closer to the food line at the buffett....dead give away!

They are still smoking ?????????? wow you would think they would do some type of drug test for presidents or anyone in the government.

Edited by Guest

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

They are still smoking ?????????? wow you would think they would do some type of drug test fro presidents or anyone in the government.

They'd show positive for cocaine. But really wouldn't it be too risky in such a high office to be doing such things?

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png