JimiInLove

I got banned for Nothing

220 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well, good point.

But usually, at least with some of my adult clients, they KNOW the issue AND they know the answer, they just want validation...which of course, i can't give :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, good point.

But usually, at least with some of my adult clients, they KNOW the issue AND they know the answer, they just want validation...which of course, i can't give :)

always true my sister karo, validation has to come from within or you ego is based on others and the views of others and/or the affirmation of others.

you lose cotrol over your emotions by willing the responsibilty to other people...and in the end of days..wonder why you feel so empty and lacking in meaning ...

Edited by almaty2004

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Well, good point.

always true my sister karo, validation has to come from within or you ego is based on others and the views of others and/or the affirmation of others.

you lose cotrol over your emotions by willing the responsibilty to other people...and in the end of days..wonder why you feel so empty and lacking in meaning ...

also add in that people with issues refuse to take responsibility and accountability for the position they are in ... it's easier to ignore the problem or blame others rather than owning it yourself!

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Well, good point.

also add in that people with issues refuse to take responsibility and accountability for the position they are in ... it's easier to ignore the problem or blame others rather than owning it yourself!

as always your nail it sister monique...the world is filled with this...,,also, an added point is preception of an event..( event can be anything from an actual event or statement etc.) ..it is not the event in question that leads to the probelm but the preception onto the individual what that event means...and this effects emotions and behavior..the more dependent the person, the more most events are personalized/internalized and become a threat..the defense mechanism of projection their feelings/emotions on to others..and behavior and statements like .."look what you made me do..if it was not for you...why me...poor me..etc..

Edited by almaty2004

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Oh boyyyyyyy. I have a friend over tonight, so I haven't had time to do my keeping up with posts tonight. At any rate...you're right on one thing Gimy...we all DO have the right to speak our minds, via our posts, and say whatever we like. On that, we agree. Problem is, I haven't always done that...I think I will be doing that more in the future. I'm sorry however, that you seem to think that you, Karo and Dean agree with each other BECAUSE you have somuch more psychology behind your posts...I've taken that class too; it's really not entirely difficult to understand. Perhaps you just agree with each other because....you share many of the same views in life! Kind of exactly what I'm talking about with most of your posts tho...you tend to think you know the REAL reasons, thoughts, meanings behind most things...whether it's we here, our government, or etc etc etc...and we are all just 'little sheep' that follow the mainstream. Must be that psychology you keep talking about... OR perhaps we've done just as much research on something as you have, and just simply *gasp* don't agree with you at the end of the day. Simple as that. Personally, I think our belief systems DO differ widely. I, for one, don't feel that it's necessary to hold a grudge against someone. He was a jerk, but he came on here with some good immigration-related news(this IS still primarily a immigration site used to encourage,elighten and support one another, right?) and a bunch of us said congrats! For shame! Fine if you don't agree with it, or don't want to do it....but, since we're all entitled to our opinions and all...IMO, if you don't know how to keep your petty insulting remarks to yourself, then the problem lies with you, not those of us who chose to rise above. M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

one psychology class ----- masters in a counseling field...

i can see the similarities..

(yikes..the wine talking...gotta go!!)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

You're right..you must be sooooooo much smarter than I am!! ;) (sarcasm just in case some don't catch it with all those degrees!)

PS..you gotta consider things in their context too...you know what people say sometimes about book smarts vs. street smarts (or..people smarts)

Just wanted to add....a therapist's degree doesn't come by having only psychology type classes does it? I thought ANY degree had loads of general knowledge type of classes as well. I know mine does. I've heard you refer to I statements, etc etc in your posts before. Well, I also learned all about those type of things in Interpersonal Communications, Sociology,etc...I haven't had just 'one' class.

We can carry on tho...Becky and I are just talking...not doing much...and you with your wine, and I with my pain pills...could be entertaining! :)

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Other Timeline
one psychology class ----- masters in a counseling field...

i can see the similarities..

(yikes..the wine talking...gotta go!!)

I have a feeling you're going to regret this statement after the wine wears off. And if not, then I believe your ego may be bigger than your supposed wealth of knowledge.

a3c3118f.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
the world is filled with this...,,also, an added point is preception of an event..( event can be anything from an actual event or statement etc.) ..it is not the event in question that leads to the probelm but the preception onto the individual what that event means...and this effects emotions and behavior..the more dependent the person, the more most events are personalized/internalized and become a threat..the defense mechanism of projection their feelings/emotions on to others..and behavior and statements like .."look what you made me do..if it was not for you...why me...poor me..etc..

hey.. lawyers help perpetuate this belief, and now we (as a societical whole) accept this as fact. They want the $$ without having to earn it, and owning upto their own mess.... and we wonder these days? hehehe.. come on.. Menendez Brothers? "We had to kill them because it wasn't for the $$... no, it was because.. because... they molestered me! erm.. US! yeah, that's the ticket".

and no, not really have anything to do with topic, nor of who is right nor wrong.. just wanted to respond to Dean.

"I'll take TheRapists for $400 Bob." :P

a3c3118f.gif

ooohhhh... group hug! that standard procedure in group therapy too??

hehehe..

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.