JimiInLove

I got banned for Nothing

220 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
lol.......

I always feeeel like somebody's watchin me

lol

and i feel like you and i are chasing each other around the forums tonight... lol... erm... this morning... *gak*

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Nah girls.. ;) No Oh boy's now... ;) I just decided to start writing exactly how I feel like some others here do...it's not meant to be a personal attack. I also understand what Dean is saying..we covered perception checking and all of that in class too....but sometimes what you perceive something to be(an insult,etc) in the beginning, DOES end up being what you thought it was...and sometimes not. In this particular situation, and after reflection on it(brief..it really wasn't that long of a remark to 'reflect' on...) :lol: I DO still think it was in insult. No, I don't think it was directed at me PERSONALLY...I think it was directed at anyone in this thread, who was "stupid" (note the quotes there!) to say congratulations to someone...forgive and forget and all. So....I said what I had to say..now I won't say anymore, unless I specifically am mentioned or asked to comment...this has become too big of a deal already. All I wanted to do was state my feelings on the matter. End of story for ME.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Here's to personal responsibility :) We don't see enough of it nowdays IMO, we seem as a society to want to push blame on everyone except ourselves..It's like we're all victims, and none of us have any control over our circumstances, ever. My personal mantra for a long time has been, 'We always have choices' (even if those aren't particularly good ones) and 'we are treated the way we ALLOW others to treat us'

We can I think, more easily put our own views across, and with a less confrontational stance, if we claim them using 'I think' or 'in my opinion' rather than the more pejorative 'you ARE' (F)

Just my half awake 2 cents ;)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

tracy ... i wouldn't even dream of taking your title away!! you earned it!! you rock! :dance: [/font][/size][/color]

Tee hee! Right back at ya, sister girl! :thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I still maintain that psych knowledge based on one psych class vs. an entire 2 year clinical masters degree and years of clinical practice are two different levels of knowledge. I'm not on any sort of pedistal but our comments were being belittled so I backed them up...<shrug> not much of a big deal really.

Edited by karo112

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Perhaps you just agree with each other because....you share many of the same views in life! Kind of exactly what I'm talking about with most of your posts tho...you tend to think you know the REAL reasons, thoughts, meanings behind most things...whether it's we here, our government, or etc etc etc...and we are all just 'little sheep' that follow the mainstream.

I just wanted to comment on this...food for thought if you will, and not entirely directed at you Michelle, just springboarding.

I'm not sure what Karo's beliefs encompass, but it's pretty clear that Monique and Dean do not share the same religious/spiritual beliefs. I find it interesting that they can still respect one another in spite of that difference and appreciate that, in spite of how the message is delivered. Coincidentally, I do not see other members of the forum treating either of their beliefs as valid, and some have even gone so far as to post that they know the REAL reasons, thoughts, etc. behind things.

I'm not bashing any one group/religion, but I've seen both athiest and Muslim discussions here treated badly and the members' beliefs disrespected.

And before the other religious members/groups get their knickers in a knot, I'm not saying it's not ####### for tat here...I'm just saying that there isn't one person here who doesn't seem to communicate that their beliefs are "right" or "true" (like, why have a belief if you don't think it's true?). Some people try to make it a bit easier to swallow (I admit I try to slip a little honey in with the pill, without diluting the meds) but others don't feel the need to do so. The approach isn't wrong and I think a lot of times when someone takes huge offense to it, it's an opportunity to look at their own person and use it as a chance for growth.

Specifically to Monique, I've seen her take a lot of ####### and insults over what she says and how she says it. For every comment I've seen coming from a Christian that they're treated horribly on this board, I've seen just as many directed at other religions and to those with differing beliefs. And in most cases the "I'm right because I'm right" mentality prevails.

Anyway, this is my belief and I know I'm right. :P

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Timeline
lol.......

I always feeeel like somebody's watchin me

rockwell.jpg

thanks icey, now that's stuck in my head!!! :crying:

I personally wouldn't congratulate a #######, but I wouldn't bash someone else for doing it either. I think there are really gracious people here who can get past things that I refuse to get past.

You give respect=you get respect....and if you can be nice to a #######, what incentive is that to other people to be nice to you? I'm not pointing fingers here, I'm playing devil's advocate. For instance: If I know I can get away with saying whatever, then I can have people who are nice enuff to turn the other cheek, how does demand that I not be an azzhole (or else I suffer being ostracized) in future here? I think it's all about holding people to personal responsibility. You act like an azz, you get treated like one.

So technically gimy can be the biggest biotch on the planet, but then post summat like 'I did this...' and this little bicker will be all forgotten cos everyone here will be celebrating her good news.

Yet at the same time, who the hell is anyone here to tell another person how to conduct onesself? Its quite presumptuous.

See how I straddled this fence? lol

Good luck sorting this one guys, hah

Edited by LisaD

can I crucify you now.......we havent had one of them in a while :whistle:

crucified.gif

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

...and this little bicker will be all forgotten cos everyone here will be celebrating her good news.

People say congrats out of habit. Very few people are actually "celebrating" JimiInLove's good news. The congrats mean almost nothing. Ya'll are making a mountain out of a molehill, IMO.

FWIW, I didn't congratulate Jimi. Not out of spite but because I didn't think it was necessary. He posted primarily to complain about his ban, not to tell us about his wifes approval.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

...and this little bicker will be all forgotten cos everyone here will be celebrating her good news.

People say congrats out of habit. Very few people are actually "celebrating" JimiInLove's good news. The congrats mean almost nothing. Ya'll are making a mountain out of a molehill, IMO.

FWIW, I didn't congratulate Jimi. Not out of spite but because I didn't think it was necessary. He posted primarily to complain about his ban, not to tell us about his wifes approval.

Ya know what I meant Smithy ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

can I crucify you now.......we havent had one of them in a while :whistle:

crucified.gif

Yeah, I've been a good girl. Well, at least here. :devil:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Ah, well...basically, I totally agree with Lisa's post, and a lot with Cerise's post. It's not about sharing beliefs at ALL(other than what was said about psychology.that's all I was referring to in that post,and other things were only brought up because Karo said...I usually agree with Gimy because..etc). I agree that Gimy has had some really rude remarks being an atheist,etc and I don't believe I've ever been one to make them toward her. In fact, I remember specific posts about:Well, I believe THIS but you are perfectly entitled,like me,to believe THAT. The whole entire point I was making, in a nutshell, is you can state your points, and stick by them...without being rude about it. Agreed that that doesn't only apply to Gimy...it applies to everyone. Enough of THIS now...I was up all night, just got up a little bit ago..and

IT'S MOTHER'S DAY!!

Happy Mom's Day to all the moms. I'm going to see MINE, soon. :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I just think there are way too many ppl on this forum who are way too ready to attack someone elses thoughts, opinions, beliefs, and feelings! No matter what is said on here, there is that handfull of people who go psycho on you either before or after you posted because its not the same as they feel. I hate to burst bubbles, but everyone has a different thought, opinion, belief, and feeling on ANY subject. There are ways to disagree without being downright nasty and rude about it. This is supossed to be a support forum, and "off topic" does not mean support should stop just because of the title. I admit i have gone off the edge a time or 2, but i still have supported people no matter what. Weather i agreed or not, im not going to stop supporting someone who obviously could use the support.

Thats all i have to say on this. I have found that this forum is so incredibly judgmental, and critical no matter what is said, your ok as long as you 100% agree with the handful of ppl who are rude. I came here for the first time in January because i wanted to support and be supported by others who are in the same boat as me. I also came here for answers if i needed to ask questions.

After 4 months on here, it reminds me more of high school, with clicks and incredibly bad additudes. I believe i can support myself better on my own. I am so very grateful for the people i have met whom have helped me so much and supported me in my time of pain, anger, and sorrow. If it wasnt for you guys(and you know who you are), i wouldnt be this close now to my Edy coming home, and still being sane.

Goodbye,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just thought I would join in the poo flinging to avoid doing work...

I don't really care whether or not others say congrats to someone, but all this time there has been an argument about it I've been wondering if anyone bothered to notice that a lot of the 'congrats' weren't just that, they were the wishy-washy 'i don't agree with anything you say, but I guess I'm happy for you anyways' or specifically geared to his wife and not him. Just saying that I think a lot of people maintained their distain for Jimi's actions while being polite.

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)