Dr Phil

47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Has anybody else seen that episode on Dr. Phil about the girl who met an Arab online through Myspace and left her family to be with him?

yes

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Has anybody else seen that episode on Dr. Phil about the girl who met an Arab online through Myspace and left her family to be with him?

ya its kinda old. im sure someone could find it on the internet if they wished to see it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

That was a CRAZY episode. I felt really bad for Katherine and her parents.

As far as Abdullah goes, he seems like a real jerk. I didn't think they were portraying the Middle East in a bad way. I took it that he had an issue with Abdullah, and I understand that people will probably make generalizations about the ME based on the story about Abdullah and Katherine.

Hmm...I see, Katherine's family thinks the problems are due to "cultural differences".

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't mind Dr. Phil, but the way things were portrayed during those two shows did not set well with me. Let's tell it like it is: it's a young girl saying "screw you" to her family and falling in love (which was debatable in my eyes whether or not she was, but I digress) with someone her family didn't like who happened to be Middle Eastern and who she happened to find on the internet. It didn't help that the boy wonder acted like a jerk, but don't all guys that age pull that kind of #######?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I think Dr phil just painted the Arab vs American connection negatively. They looked like they were happy and in love together. Not saying it looks like it's going to be successful but it didn't look like he was abusive. I don't believe he'd call her mom and say "no ###### let me talk to your daughter" I think that was a facade. Him not understanding english fully was taken advantage of he couldn't defend himself.

b1tch ^^^

There was another story about a woman married to an Irani man and being forced to stay in Iran...now that's scary I believe that one

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I remember when this first aired and my mom called me and told me to watch it. It's amazing the ####### people believe on the television. One-sided stories like this drive me crazy.

Label.jpg

.png

mybabygirl-1-1.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.