Amby

Do you wear your wedding ring all the time?

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wear mine all the time unless I'm washing dishes, working out, gardening, that type of stuff.

My husband wears his all the time as well.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
but I don't think my hubby and I are being disrespectful to each other by not wearing our rings... we know we are married..

Interesting how a point so obvious needs to be made over and over again :lol:

If the couple mutually decides not to wear rings, then I don't see a problem.

If one party wears a ring and the other doesn't, but neither of them are bothered by it, then I don't see a problem.

At the end of the day, what other people think of what a couple does with their rings (or if they even own any) doesn't mean horsh$hit anyway. I wonder why the topic was even posted.

I agree if it is mutal that is fine, and if one can't wear it due to work that is fine too. I think it is something between the 2 people in the marriage and if they agree on what they are doing as far as rings then that is a good thing. I mean disrespectful if you wear it out sometimes and not others like you are trolling for the opposite sex to see if you are still able to attract the opposite sex that is when it is disrespectful IMO. To each there own for sure, I have taken mine off a few times due to heat and my hubby is fine with that, he never takes his off even though I think he shouldn't wear it for safety reasons at work but he will not take it off, so be it.

Exactly. And I'd say it's not only disrespectful, but deceitful.

Filed: Timeline
charles is a lib on gay issues? interesting!

i totally support you and steven having sex.

but can we marry?

as long as you both live in california :thumbs:

would you support efforts to make gay marriage legal in texas and kansas?

:no: so cancel that hot tub orgy you two are planning.

No? You oppose giving homosexuals the right to marry in Kansas and Texas?

So then you're not a lib on gay issues?!?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
charles is a lib on gay issues? interesting!

i totally support you and steven having sex.

but can we marry?

as long as you both live in california :thumbs:

would you support efforts to make gay marriage legal in texas and kansas?

:no: so cancel that hot tub orgy you two are planning.

No? You oppose giving homosexuals the right to marry in Kansas and Texas?

So then you're not a lib on gay issues?!?

traitor!

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
but I don't think my hubby and I are being disrespectful to each other by not wearing our rings... we know we are married..

If one party wears a ring and the other doesn't, but neither of them are bothered by it, then I don't see a problem.

At the end of the day, what other people think of what a couple does with their rings (or if they even own any) doesn't mean horsh$hit anyway. I wonder why the topic was even posted.

I agree if it is mutal that is fine, and if one can't wear it due to work that is fine too. I think it is something between the 2 people in the marriage and if they agree on what they are doing as far as rings then that is a good thing. I mean disrespectful if you wear it out sometimes and not others like you are trolling for the opposite sex to see if you are still able to attract the opposite sex that is when it is disrespectful IMO. To each there own for sure, I have taken mine off a few times due to heat and my hubby is fine with that, he never takes his off even though I think he shouldn't wear it for safety reasons at work but he will not take it off, so be it.

how are you supposed to know if the spouse is not wearing the ring for that reason... ask them?? lol of course they are going to say no...

I am comfortable enough in my relationship that I am not worried about my hubby not wearing his ring to see if he can still attract the ladies....

If you want to wear your rings that is great... but I think it is kind of strange to assume just because they are not wearing their ring they must be trolling for the ladies or the men... I am sorry if I might have misinterpreted what you guys meant...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Strangely enough though, my husband said that he suddenly was interesting to women once he started wearing his ring. When he lost it, the women also lost interest and then I didn't care anymore if he got another or not. Nasty how many homewreckers in training there are out there.

Edited by Wacken

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

how are you supposed to know if the spouse is not wearing the ring for that reason... ask them?? lol of course they are going to say no...

I am comfortable enough in my relationship that I am not worried about my hubby not wearing his ring to see if he can still attract the ladies....

If you want to wear your rings that is great... but I think it is kind of strange to assume just because they are not wearing their ring they must be trolling for the ladies or the men... I am sorry if I might have misinterpreted what you guys meant...

Yes you have misinterpreted. No one is knocking you for not wearing your wedding ring. Leafgal mentioned how she goes out with her married girlfriends who presumably at all other times DO wear their wedding ring. It is only when going out to a bar with the girls that they remove their wedding ring. I'm not sure what motive that is not deceitful one would have to only remove their wedding ring when out alone at bars.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Yes you have misinterpreted. No one is knocking you for not wearing your wedding ring. Leafgal mentioned how she goes out with her married girlfriends who presumably at all other times DO wear their wedding ring. It is only when going out to a bar with the girls that they remove their wedding ring. I'm not sure what motive that is not deceitful one would have to only remove their wedding ring when out alone at bars.

oh i know i wasn't being knocked... and yes i think that is disrespectful to take off your ring if you are going to a bar or whatever :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I like to see guys wearing their wedding ring and giving it the respect it deserves. Of course it's definitely a personal choice but I cannot count the times I was hit on by a guy who didn't wear his wedding ring unbeknownst to me. It really made me sick. But of course there's also a lot of jerks who still hit on you while they're WEARING their wedding ring. Even more sickening.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I wear my wedding ring unless I'm in the shower, handling something that may potentially damage it, or part of some medical procedure where I've been asked to remove jewelry (i.e. MRI, CT, PET). Otherwise, it's on all the time. At first, I'd remove it sometimes, since it felt weird and I'd twist the ring a lot, causing some irritation. Now I'm comfortable with it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

We both wear ours all the time. We take them off to clean them but that's pretty much it.

I-130

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2007-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2008-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-05

US Entry : 2007-11-13

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

Port of Entry : Los Angeles

POE Date : 2007-11-13

Adjustment of Status:

CIS Office : Chula Vista CA

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Employment Authorization Document:

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

2008-07-03 EAD Card Production Ordered

Touched 7/4/08

Never ever take mine off.

Husband refuses point blank to wear one saying that it attracts women who want a lover with no commitment!

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

When my husband gets here I want to buy simple bands for both of us. Those I could wear. The wedding rings are too bulky as of now. I only wear when I go out.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I used to take off my wedding ring when doing the laundry or washing the dishes. Now I wear it all the time.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26

NVC Received : 2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, whtie slip -asked for marriage index + annotated marriage cert.

Submitted Add'l Documents : 2009-01-08

Approved on 2009-01-12.....visas for printing

Visa Received : 2008-01-19

US Entry : ...........

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.