Sign in to follow this  
chri'stina

The paint colors in our new house, so fun

29 posts in this topic

Over a month ago I had written about how we bought our first house, as some of you may remember. We moved into it on April 1st. I also said that I was the most excited about being able to paint the walls any colors I want! :D Some asked to see what colors, after I had finished painting. We aren't done with every room, and even below the decorations are not fully done. But this shows what colors I chose and the different styles in each room. I've been having tons of fun decorating!!!! Also we got new pieces of furniture for the house, all very cheap at thrift stores. :star::star::star: The white hutch/cabinet in the dining/family room was only $45.

Sorry if the pictures are not fully clear, but here are some before/after pictures of what is done so far. Prepare to see color!!! The pictures do not fully capture the colors, they are slightly brighter than represented:

Dining/family room in the back of the house, somewhat Indian decorated...not done yet. Before/after:

backroom.jpg

The Living room, at the entrance of the house. The shelving unit against the green wall was only $5! And I made the curtains for the windows. Before/After:

living.jpg

The kitchen, bright RED! We also painted the cabinets all white. That room ws the hardest to do because of painting all the cabinets. Before/After:

kitch.jpg

the 1st bathroom, I love the shower curtain I got from Target. Before/after:

bathroom.jpg

A side wall that goes from the kitchen to the back room, not really decorated much yet. Before/After:

side.jpg

We still need to paint our bedroom, and we are not sure what to do in the 2nd bedroom and bathroom.

Anyway just wanted to post these for those who had wanted to see! :D

I should mention that I like really unique style..not the typical things. I love a mix of traditional with ethnic and funky.

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

The colors we used were Kilz brand "Jovial orange" in the back room, "Mangrove yellow" on that connecting wall, and "avacado dip" in the living room. The kitchen is "apple red" but I'm not sure what brand it is, my mom had it left over and I used it. Also the bathroom color I'm not sure of, it was an "oops" color at Lowes.

Edited by stina&suj

yay!!!

i love the colors! and i also love bargains! you are doing great!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

I love your colors. I love color. We too just bought our first place, actually today, I am excited about painting too. My husband likes nuetral colors but he said if I gave him the back room for his music room he wouldn't make a big fuss. I don't want to go too too bold but i like making one main wall in a bedroom an accent wall so I want to paint em a bold color to kind of make the room pop. Your colors are beautiful and bright. Glad your having fun.

ticker.png

Great job on the colors. They looks lovely! :yes:

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Looking Great !!!

We move in to our new place also April 12.

Have Fun decorating!!!

Cheeers

Those are really cute colors! I especially like the peachy/melon color..
yay!!!

i love the colors! and i also love bargains! you are doing great!

Thanks all! :)

I love your colors. I love color. We too just bought our first place, actually today, I am excited about painting too. My husband likes nuetral colors but he said if I gave him the back room for his music room he wouldn't make a big fuss. I don't want to go too too bold but i like making one main wall in a bedroom an accent wall so I want to paint em a bold color to kind of make the room pop. Your colors are beautiful and bright. Glad your having fun.

Thanks, and I am sure you will have a lot of fun painting/decorating too! :yes:

Some nice colours there! We're repainting our apartment with (light) colours... the landlord said we could have whatever colours we liked as long as they weren't too lurid, and I like nice bright rooms so I wasn't going to complain. The bathroom is blue with white fittings, the bedroom is going to be a sage green, my craftroom is buttercup yellow, and the livingroom/passage are a pale cream that was supposed to be peachy but it's more like eggshell. It's nice and light and airy though...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Looking good and I love colors too and think they lift your moods. You also found some marvelous bargains.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Somebody has been busy......looks great! Love the red....excellent choice.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Looks good!!!

I really like that "Mangrove Yellow" color - that's almost exactly like the color I was trying to describe to my husband for what I wanted for our bedroom :)

Good job - painting's so much work!

AOS

August 30, 2005 - AOS, , AP applications mailed to Chicago Lockbox

September 9, 2005 - NOA's for AOS, AP, (dated Sept. 1)

November 28, 2005 - AOS biometrics - refused EAD biometrics at the same time

December 5, 2005 - AP approved

December 7, 2005 - Infopass appointment for interim EAD

December 12, 2005 - Received EAD card

December 13, 2005 - Received AP

June 14, 2005 - Case Status Inquiry/Tracer

June 19, 2005 - Letter sent to congressman

AOS INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 8, 2006

AOS approved - August 8th, 2006 - hooray - done with USCIS for now!

GREENCARD RECEIVED - August 18, 2006

How amazing, what a fantastic job you have done and done it so cheap aswell! Loving everything apart from the red walls in the kitchen, I thought the before picture looked better, but hey, just my opinion!

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

Some nice colours there! We're repainting our apartment with (light) colours... the landlord said we could have whatever colours we liked as long as they weren't too lurid, and I like nice bright rooms so I wasn't going to complain. The bathroom is blue with white fittings, the bedroom is going to be a sage green, my craftroom is buttercup yellow, and the livingroom/passage are a pale cream that was supposed to be peachy but it's more like eggshell. It's nice and light and airy though...

Sounds nice! That's very nice that you were able to paint your apt! Many landlords won't allow it. :(

Looking good and I love colors too and think they lift your moods. You also found some marvelous bargains.

Mary

Thanks and yes I love bargains!!!

Somebody has been busy......looks great! Love the red....excellent choice.

:thumbs: I knew I needed red somewhere and was ready to be bold

Looks good!!!

I really like that "Mangrove Yellow" color - that's almost exactly like the color I was trying to describe to my husband for what I wanted for our bedroom :)

Good job - painting's so much work!

cool, and it's good paint in my opinion! It was from walmart, Kilz brand and one coat covered very well I only had to do a few touch ups, not a whole second coat. And it's not very expensive either.

You have done a lovely job....

thanks!

How amazing, what a fantastic job you have done and done it so cheap aswell! Loving everything apart from the red walls in the kitchen, I thought the before picture looked better, but hey, just my opinion!

Thanks! Well most of my life I have lived in rentals where we couldn't paint our walls(with my family before marriage and then where Sujeet and I lived before buying the house), so I was all about splashing color everywhere and couldn't bare to leave the kitchen white. :lol: I made a quick decision to make it bold with the red after painting the cabinets white. :)