w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

US marines in hot water over Christian coins in Iraq

103 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
false religion shoved down your throat

They are all false reigions, why is yours the only one that is right, what makes you right over Christians or Jews or any other reigion? Seems like you don't like to be in a country with other religions when you make statements like that. It frightens me when I see someone so forceful and your use of words. Have you ever read a book, from any western writter, do you have a good understanding of other beliefs? I bet you don't, and that is too bad, you should pick up a book on a totally different way of life and read it, and for the first time, think for yourself. What those fools did was wrong, but it is in how you react to that, shows that you are above that kind of thing, if you are the better religion with the big guy.

mindstop-1.gif

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Is it wrong for christians to engage in outreach? No, that's what they do.

Can christian outreach be percieved as offensive? Dull yes, offensive? Seems a stretch (I still don't get the coins bit)

Should Marines be engaged in outreach? No, the US isn't a 'christian country' it is secular so it is inappropriate.

Should individual marines engage in outreach? If they are christians I guess they can.

Should the marines found engaging in outreach that upset these muslims be removed from their duties for engaging in this outreach? Probably seems like a good plan to allow things to calm down.

Should muslims get their knickers in a twist over this incident? Well, personally I think it's a bit silly. However, I think taking offence at lampooning religious leaders/prophets etc is silly as well.

Are we engaging in a little bit of political correctness leading to oversensitive reaction or is this a legitimate worry about percieved behaviour of American forces in Iraq? I woud imagine that that would depend on whether these marines were acting out of personal conviction or under orders.

You're scaring me, PH, I agree with most everything you said :unsure:

I agree...and I'm scared of PH too. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
you've been missing out on a lot of christianity bashing i see........ :whistle:

I've only seen one vulgar pic of Jesus posted but I've seen a lot of Muhammad cartoons...

one pic compared to about 3 christian oriented ones. plus a pic isn't the only way to bash a religion, is it? :star:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
They are all false reigions, why is yours the only one that is right, what makes you right over Christians or Jews or any other reigion? Seems like you don't like to be in a country with other religions when you make statements like that. It frightens me when I see someone so forceful and your use of words. Have you ever read a book, from any western writter, do you have a good understanding of other beliefs? I bet you don't, and that is too bad, you should pick up a book on a totally different way of life and read it, and for the first time, think for yourself. What those fools did was wrong, but it is in how you react to that, shows that you are above that kind of thing, if you are the better religion with the big guy.

:lol:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm Muslim and none of this bothers me because I noticed long ago that stupid Christians and stupid Muslims tend to tease, taunt and gravitate toward each other and want to put each other down. I can do without either of them.

It's amusing to see a Muslim calling Christianity a false religion. I don't recall the last time a Christian strapped a bomb to his chest and blew up a bunch of innocent men, women, and children. :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:pop:

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Is it wrong for christians to engage in outreach? No, that's what they do.

Can christian outreach be percieved as offensive? Dull yes, offensive? Seems a stretch (I still don't get the coins bit)

Should Marines be engaged in outreach? No, the US isn't a 'christian country' it is secular so it is inappropriate.

Should individual marines engage in outreach? If they are christians I guess they can.

Should the marines found engaging in outreach that upset these muslims be removed from their duties for engaging in this outreach? Probably seems like a good plan to allow things to calm down.

Should muslims get their knickers in a twist over this incident? Well, personally I think it's a bit silly. However, I think taking offence at lampooning religious leaders/prophets etc is silly as well.

Are we engaging in a little bit of political correctness leading to oversensitive reaction or is this a legitimate worry about percieved behaviour of American forces in Iraq? I woud imagine that that would depend on whether these marines were acting out of personal conviction or under orders.

You're scaring me, PH, I agree with most everything you said :unsure:

I agree...and I'm scared of PH too. :unsure:

ROFL. I disagree though. If you had ever had people see your last name and try to convert you your entire childhood you might understand why proselytizing IS offensive. (Oh Alex, before we drop you off after the sleepover, let's just stop by a place we called church and then go out for pancakes and talk about the Word!) It's a way of saying, "I know the truth and you don't know anything, you poor, unsaved heathen."

Proselytizing will always offend me.

That's very different from dropping tracts though Alex. I agree totally that everyone has a right to silence - but that still doesn't take away from the christian's right to reach out they just need to heed when someone slams a door in their face or tells them to shut the #### up!

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
That's very different from dropping tracts though Alex. I agree totally that everyone has a right to silence - but that still doesn't take away from the christian's right to reach out they just need to heed when someone slams a door in their face or tells them to shut the #### up!

It's not any different to me. It sends the same message. How do you draw the distinction? Sure they have a "right" to reach out. Everyone has a "right" to be an azzhole within the law. Doesn't mean it's not quite offensive to many people.

If your religion is so great, why do you need to recruit? :)

They have the same right to give out literature as anyone engaged in advertising is my point. It may be irritating but it's not offensive. At least, my definition of offensive is very different.

As for why do they need to? They need to because it's part and parcel of who they are. Being a christian requires you to spread the word of your salvation. How they go about that is up to them I guess. Indeed, were they to simply live out life in the image of their saviour that might indeed negate the need to drop written tracts. However, it's not for me to say what version of advertising to employ.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
They have the same right to give out literature as anyone engaged in advertising is my point. It may be irritating but it's not offensive. At least, my definition of offensive is very different.

As for why do they need to? They need to because it's part and parcel of who they are. Being a christian requires you to spread the word of your salvation. How they go about that is up to them I guess. Indeed, were they to simply live out life in the image of their saviour that might indeed negate the need to drop written tracts. However, it's not for me to say what version of advertising to employ.

I understand why they "need" to do it! It's one of the reasons I find Christianity one of the more loathsome religions. Seeing a picture of the prophet is not offensive to me, but it obviously is to millions of Muslims. You don't have to be offended for their actions to be offensive to me and others. It's subjective. You dig?

If someone tries to convert me with some small minded claptrap about Jesus, they feel superior to me. Christians are still humans, and from what I've seen, most of them don't seem to be above human nature.