w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

US marines in hot water over Christian coins in Iraq

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Personally I think that whole cartoon fiasco amounted to waving a honey covered stick at a starving bear. It was fairly obvious what would happen - and the whole exercise, in my view amounted to little more than "look how crazy these people are".

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
Personally I think that whole cartoon fiasco amounted to waving a honey covered stick at a starving bear. It was fairly obvious what would happen - and the whole exercise, in my view amounted to little more than "look how crazy these people are".

I agree and muslims fell for it because so many don't know anything about their religion. If they did, they'd have known the proper way to respond and not acted like a bunch of lunatics.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You let me know when your country is illegally invaded, occupied and a false religion shoved down your throat. :)

solution: next time, don't lose the war.

btw, on the note of being outraged about religion - your comment could be interpreted as offensive as you are indicating christianity is a false religion. ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I don't have anything against Luv Sucks(vp). We disagree about what we believe and maybe how to convey it, but we are both passionate about our beliefs and have that in common. She isn't afraid to say what she believes.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline
christian's against muslims? This could get good :pop:

the online crusades. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

It's like handing out garlic to vampires ;)

Heads will roll.... literally.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline
You let me know when your country is illegally invaded, occupied and a false religion shoved down your throat. :)

btw, on the note of being outraged about religion - your comment could be interpreted as offensive as you are indicating christianity is a false religion. ;)

That's the point. Muslims are always attacked and openly offended on this board so why not show the other side how it feels?

I don't have anything against Luv Sucks(vp). We disagree about what we believe and maybe how to convey it, but we are both passionate about our beliefs and have that in common. She isn't afraid to say what she believes.

And I have nothing against you for believing the way you believe.... as long as you don't start passing out missionary material at gun point :unsure: LOL

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

VP's Blog

Is it wrong for christians to engage in outreach? No, that's what they do.

Can christian outreach be percieved as offensive? Dull yes, offensive? Seems a stretch (I still don't get the coins bit)

Should Marines be engaged in outreach? No, the US isn't a 'christian country' it is secular so it is inappropriate.

Should individual marines engage in outreach? If they are christians I guess they can.

Should the marines found engaging in outreach that upset these muslims be removed from their duties for engaging in this outreach? Probably seems like a good plan to allow things to calm down.

Should muslims get their knickers in a twist over this incident? Well, personally I think it's a bit silly. However, I think taking offence at lampooning religious leaders/prophets etc is silly as well.

Are we engaging in a little bit of political correctness leading to oversensitive reaction or is this a legitimate worry about percieved behaviour of American forces in Iraq? I woud imagine that that would depend on whether these marines were acting out of personal conviction or under orders.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Can you think of any images of Jesus that could be rendered that would enrage you?

No....because he is non violent at all ;)

*anticipates Trollie going on a Google search...*

They will be reported as well....

Grow up, child. The world is not your kindergarten class. We don't all have to play nicely together.

This attitude is really sad indeed, and this is what causes war.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

That's the point. Muslims are always attacked and openly offended on this board so why not show the other side how it feels?

you've been missing out on a lot of christianity bashing i see........ :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
you've been missing out on a lot of christianity bashing i see........ :whistle:

I've only seen one vulgar pic of Jesus posted but I've seen a lot of Muhammad cartoons...

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Is it wrong for christians to engage in outreach? No, that's what they do.

Can christian outreach be percieved as offensive? Dull yes, offensive? Seems a stretch (I still don't get the coins bit)

Should Marines be engaged in outreach? No, the US isn't a 'christian country' it is secular so it is inappropriate.

Should individual marines engage in outreach? If they are christians I guess they can.

Should the marines found engaging in outreach that upset these muslims be removed from their duties for engaging in this outreach? Probably seems like a good plan to allow things to calm down.

Should muslims get their knickers in a twist over this incident? Well, personally I think it's a bit silly. However, I think taking offence at lampooning religious leaders/prophets etc is silly as well.

Are we engaging in a little bit of political correctness leading to oversensitive reaction or is this a legitimate worry about percieved behaviour of American forces in Iraq? I woud imagine that that would depend on whether these marines were acting out of personal conviction or under orders.

You're scaring me, PH, I agree with most everything you said :unsure:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007