almaty

HIV-positive man sentenced 35 years for spitting at officer

132 posts in this topic

DALLAS - An HIV-positive man convicted of spitting into the eye and mouth of a Dallas police officer has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Because a jury found that Willie Campbell used his saliva as a deadly weapon, the 42-year-old will have to serve half his sentence before becoming eligible for parole. He was sentenced Wednesday.

Campbell was being arrested in May 2006 for public intoxication when he began resisting and kicking inside the patrol car, Dallas police office Dan Waller testified.

Campbell was convicted of harassment of a public servant.

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not think so either.. i know. in alton we had a female hooker, who had unprotected sex with clients..and got 2 years ...that was awhile back...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Likely, he will appeal.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
DALLAS - An HIV-positive man convicted of spitting into the eye and mouth of a Dallas police officer has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Because a jury found that Willie Campbell used his saliva as a deadly weapon, the 42-year-old will have to serve half his sentence before becoming eligible for parole. He was sentenced Wednesday.

Campbell was being arrested in May 2006 for public intoxication when he began resisting and kicking inside the patrol car, Dallas police office Dan Waller testified.

no, it's not harsh. aids is present in the saliva and while it's supposedly not tranmittable via saliva, who would want saliva tainted with aids spit into their eye? the eye has a pretty thin barrier after all.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Maybe they should have "tested" the officer to see if he did indeed contract HIV via the assault. Adjourned it until they did find out. I highly doubt he will contract it given the circumstances. Hopefully the man will appeal. This is a horribly long time for an assault, or resisting arrest.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i do not think so either.. i know. in alton we had a female hooker, who had unprotected sex with clients..and got 2 years ...that was awhile back...

There are stories of people who attacked others with contaminated syringes - that carries a degree of obvious intent that removes the possibility of interpretation.

With spitting - you surely have to establish that the guy intended to spit directly into the man's eye - as opposed to any other part of him (its not exactly pin-point accurate after all) and that in doing so he mean't explicitly for the man to contract his disease as a result.

Hard to believe that this will stand.

Filed: Timeline
Maybe they should have "tested" the officer to see if he did indeed contract HIV via the assault. Adjourned it until they did find out. I highly doubt he will contract it given the circumstances. Hopefully the man will appeal. This is a horribly long time for an assault, or resisting arrest.

It can take up to 10 years to show up

Timeline

It can take up to 10 years to show up

i've heard it's detectable by tests within 6 months.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

no, it's not harsh. aids is present in the saliva and while it's supposedly not tranmittable via saliva, who would want saliva tainted with aids spit into their eye? the eye has a pretty thin barrier after all.

I agree. and concidering if the cop comes up positive with AIDS, then this guys 35 yrs is nothing compared to the lifetime of HIV the cop will suffer thru.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
That's outrageous! You can't spread HIV from spitting on someone anymore than if you involuntarily sneezed in a room! How stupid.

would you really care to be a test case for that?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
That's outrageous! You can't spread HIV from spitting on someone anymore than if you involuntarily sneezed in a room! How stupid.

He spit in his MOUTH and in his EYE...yes it can be transmitted thru saliva. And the cop has saliva in his mouth, hopefully he spit right away to avoid HIV instead of swallowing

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
It does seem a bit harsh...

I didn't think HIV was at all easily transmitted that way...

Unless that saliva comes by the gallon, no, you can't transmit HIV that way.

The sentence seems ridiculously harsh. But this IS Texas we're talking about.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.