Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy Tuesday!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I hope y'all get blessed today , either in a big way or a small one.

T and A , Count it all joy in the end. Remember all that time you were going through this hellish process? Im sure your husband is going through some major adjustments here. Just give it some time and patience. I know it is aggrevating, but at the same token you are adjusting too... in more ways than one. I know, more hurdles to jump , but by God's grace, you both will be able to overcome them.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Have a great day all! I'm at work today all tired and worn out. My husband has adapted to our time and has now started staying up late here. He had me outside at midnight last night talking about religion but let me sleep when the baby woke so I guess I forgive him for keeping me up so late. We are still suffering through the food issue at our house. I am telling you that I want to scream sometimes. He now sees why Americans are overweight he says...too many preservatives and preboxed foods. I agree but I am losing my mind with him trying to eat and not hearing him complain. I almost feel dread going home to cook dinner. Ok, enough about me!

I hope we hear some good news this week for those that are waiting still. I am so glad that Cairo is getting a lot of the old visas taken care of. Everybody take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasha

Maybe it's time to nip this one in the bud before it becomes a major problem. Sit down and have a heart to heart with him and tell him how much this is frustrating to you. See if he'll teach you how to cook the things that he likes but let him know that compromise should be in order as well, since you work fulltime. Does he take care of the baby during the day? Maybe he could do the prep work so that when you get home you just have to throw the already chopped up stuff in a pot? I hope this gets better for you. (F)

In a way I think it was a good thing for me to have surgery a week after my husband got here because it literally forced him to do things he never had to do before like laundry, cooking, etc. Now he pitches in whenever he sees the need. If I wasn't incapacitated for a week I'm not sure it would have been that easy for him to do all of this but I feel good that now I can count on him. Maybe fake the flu for a few days and see what he does. LOL

Awesome sunny day again today. It's my late night at work so hubster's going to explore Boston this afternoon once he's done with the career center and then meet me here when my day is done. Hope he doesn't get lost! :blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Tasha and Amal, when nothing can be agreed upon to cook....He gets a plate of eggs and hummus, olives, etc...throw a few pitas in the oven and bam....dinner is served.....try that

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LOL that alarm clock!!! Hubby said to me last night "honey, can you please only let the alarm ring ONCE tomorrow instead of all morning long?"

this morning I must have hit the snooze button about 15 times........ :whistle:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
LOL that alarm clock!!! Hubby said to me last night "honey, can you please only let the alarm ring ONCE tomorrow instead of all morning long?"

this morning I must have hit the snooze button about 15 times........ :whistle:

nessa kinda said the same thing to me. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good morning all! Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!!!!

It's actually pretty nice out and I can't wait to get outside.

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Has anyone seen Olivia lately?

Good question Jeanne! I vaguely recall her mentioning that she had lots of schoolwork keeping her busy and away from VJ for a while. Hope that she is doing well.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.