MelindaandTarek

It's Tuesday!!!!

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I will be playing the DMV game Thursday when I get my car. Im dreading the lines already.

Maybe you could get in line tomorrow? You know... an early start! :whistle::star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:P

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Mel, I dont think Im gonna do that. That means off to a lawyer to get the deed changed and EVERYTHING else. Naw, Im not doing it.

oh Nagi - I hear ya...you do what works for u....I wasn't going to....however I am kinda partial to Tarek's last name and well I want to :blush: good luck at the DMV girl.....hope ur doing well stentless....hugs, i am off to sleepy time.....Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hugs back! Get your rest, girl.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

BTW GENOS IS NOT THE BEST PLACE IN SOUTH PHILLY BUT CERTAINLY NOTORIOUS.

I THINK THAT SIGN IS HORRENDOUS!!! How can you live in America, a melting pot of a thousand nationalities,cultures, religions and get away with that? But then again, that is why we are called LAND OF THE FREE.

I am getting excited reading all the things you all are doing with your spouses, now that they are here.

I did post a comment on the EXERCISE BLOG but I have to say, lately, and being depressed and preoccupied with all this immigration work, I have been more like BLOB!

Trying to do a little here and there to stay in shape but eating certainly can give the comfort where other things are lackin...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :whistle::innocent:

LET'S GET OVER THE WEDNESDAY HUMP!

Sandrila

post-43524-1210128401_thumb.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
BTW GENOS IS NOT THE BEST PLACE IN SOUTH PHILLY BUT CERTAINLY NOTORIOUS.

I THINK THAT SIGN IS HORRENDOUS!!! How can you live in America, a melting pot of a thousand nationalities,cultures, religions and get away with that? But then again, that is why we are called LAND OF THE FREE.

I am getting excited reading all the things you all are doing with your spouses, now that they are here.

I did post a comment on the EXERCISE BLOG but I have to say, lately, and being depressed and preoccupied with all this immigration work, I have been more like BLOB!

Trying to do a little here and there to stay in shape but eating certainly can give the comfort where other things are lackin...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN :whistle::innocent:

LET'S GET OVER THE WEDNESDAY HUMP!

Sandrila

post-43524-1210128401_thumb.jpg

I actually think the sign is funny.... It is "stereotypical" south philly mentality. I think it just makes the owner look ridiculous. Which is what is so funny about it.

I know this woman from israel who is SO rude. She also LOVES to speak hebrew vs. english when she knows people in the room cant understand her. She is just all around rude. Anyway she was bragging about how she got this BEAUTIFUL house (whatever its not that nice) blah blah blah. So I go to see the house and her next door neighbor has the "welcome to america now speak english" bumpersticker on their car which just made me LAUGH!!! I wonder how they are getting along lol

Edited by chaishai

Filed: Timeline

I don't know.. The sign just says speak English when ordering - which I guess would be a necessity but I do get that it's a little rude and off color - But then again most of Philly is rude and off color hehe Welcome to Philly hehe

And I agree with you Sandrilla there are so many places to eat that are better than Geno's but you do have to try at least one cheesesteak from there lol There's a really nice middle eastern place on South Street- The food is SO good and it's owned by a Tunisian - Food from all over MENA though - and somewhere around there is a coffee, the kind that you would find in Tunisia or Morocco with old men sitting out front smoking sheesha and playing rami - I'll have to find the addresses/names for you so that you'll have them when your sweetie gets here :)

Timeline
I don't know.. The sign just says speak English when ordering - which I guess would be a necessity but I do get that it's a little rude and off color - But then again most of Philly is rude and off color hehe Welcome to Philly hehe

And I agree with you Sandrilla there are so many places to eat that are better than Geno's but you do have to try at least one cheesesteak from there lol There's a really nice middle eastern place on South Street- The food is SO good and it's owned by a Tunisian - Food from all over MENA though - and somewhere around there is a coffee, the kind that you would find in Tunisia or Morocco with old men sitting out front smoking sheesha and playing rami - I'll have to find the addresses/names for you so that you'll have them when your sweetie gets here :)

Are you talking about Alyan's? Its owned by palestinians. If there is another place owned by Tunisians tell me what its called, Im there!

We are close friends with a few of the Alyan's. Its a shame we can be friends here, why cant we all get along over there... Sigh... :(

Filed: Timeline

No it's a different place, but I do know Alyans, it's down the street from that Irish pub and the food is AWESOME - The girl who took our order was really nice but my Dad goes, yup she's totally Palestinian - I said what do you mean? He said it's taken 40 minutes to get food and she's off in her own world wondering around the place like she's not even at work (hehe - Keep in mind father is Pali so it wasn't an insult lol ) But that was a few years ago that I was last in there - The place I am talking about I found when my step father was in the hospital at U of Penn - I got tired of University City and went over the bridge looking around South Street, parked down by the Marina and walked around.. There's also a really great pizza place.. I think it's Anthony's? I'm not sure but the pizza is SOOO Big a large comes in two boxes and people were just lined up out the door to get it- I think they stay open until 3am or something ... I'm going to try to get the name of the Tunisian place I'm talking about for you :thumbs:

You are right though - I have a lot of Palestinian cousins and friends here who are really close friends with lots of Israelis and there are never problems between them.. Doesn't make sense to me either :( But I do wish it was a happier better world..

Are you talking about Alyan's? Its owned by palestinians. If there is another place owned by Tunisians tell me what its called, Im there!

We are close friends with a few of the Alyan's. Its a shame we can be friends here, why cant we all get along over there... Sigh... :(

Timeline
No it's a different place, but I do know Alyans, it's down the street from that Irish pub and the food is AWESOME - The girl who took our order was really nice but my Dad goes, yup she's totally Palestinian - I said what do you mean? He said it's taken 40 minutes to get food and she's off in her own world wondering around the place like she's not even at work (hehe - Keep in mind father is Pali so it wasn't an insult lol ) But that was a few years ago that I was last in there - The place I am talking about I found when my step father was in the hospital at U of Penn - I got tired of University City and went over the bridge looking around South Street, parked down by the Marina and walked around.. There's also a really great pizza place.. I think it's Anthony's? I'm not sure but the pizza is SOOO Big a large comes in two boxes and people were just lined up out the door to get it- I think they stay open until 3am or something ... I'm going to try to get the name of the Tunisian place I'm talking about for you :thumbs:

You are right though - I have a lot of Palestinian cousins and friends here who are really close friends with lots of Israelis and there are never problems between them.. Doesn't make sense to me either :( But I do wish it was a happier better world..

LORENZOS pizza!!! Now I want a slice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.