hchhon

2 year green card will expire on 7/28/08

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi,

My wife 2-year green card will expire on 7/28/08. I filled out the I-751 and it is ready to submit. I know I must submit the I-751 90 days before the green card expires. Is this mean that I must submit the application exactly 90 days before or within 90 days?

One other question. We have a child who was born here in the US after our marriage. Do we have to fill out any form for him?

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi,

My wife 2-year green card will expire on 7/28/08. I filled out the I-751 and it is ready to submit. I know I must submit the I-751 90 days before the green card expires. Is this mean that I must submit the application exactly 90 days before or within 90 days?

One other question. We have a child who was born here in the US after our marriage. Do we have to fill out any form for him?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks!

with in 90 days

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You can file anytime between April 30th and July 28th.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

Here is my update. I mailed the I-751 package on May 3, 2008 and received a I-797C, Notice of Action on May 13, 3008.

Here is what the I-797C, Notice of Action says:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-797C, Notice of Action

Your conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year. During the one-year extension you are authorized employment and travel.

In order to further process your petition, you will be receiving an Application Support (ASC) appointment notice with a specific time, date, and location to capture your fingerprints, photo and signature. You MUST wait for your appointment notice before going to the ASC for biometric processing.

NOTE: Conditional resident applications, including conditional resident dependents residing overseas pursuant to military or government orders, WILL NOT RECEIVE an ASC appointment notice. To complete biometric processing, these applicants must submit the required items listed on the I-751 form instructions.

If you have not already done so, provide supporting documents to assist USCIS in processing your petition and to establish eligibility to remove the conditional basis of your permanent residence. PLEASE INCLUDE A COPY OF THIS RECEIPT NOTICE WITH ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMIT. Such evidence may include, but is not limited to, the following items:

- Lease of joint tenancy or joint ownership of assets

- Joint mortgage agreement and /or property deed

- Tax returns

- Birth certificates of any child(ren) born from the marriage

- Joint policies of life, medical, and/or car insurance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that our application is in the approval process and it hasn't approved yet?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It means that they have received and accepted your I-751 application and are reviewing it. It has not been approved yet. Several other things must happen first. You will receive a second notice - an appointment to have your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) done. Once they have completed the security check based on the biometrics and reviewed your application, they will notify you that a) they wish to see more evidence (an RFE); b ) they wish to see you for an interview and will set up an appointment, or c) approve you without an interview and will send you the 10 year green card. There is no saying how long - or how short - a time this will take:-).

Carry the notice that you quoted above along with your expired green card - together they prove that your green card is extended for a full year while they assess your application. You can continue to work and travel the exact same as you did with just the unexpired green card. Good luck on a quick approval.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 5 months later...
Timeline
It means that they have received and accepted your I-751 application and are reviewing it. It has not been approved yet. Several other things must happen first. You will receive a second notice - an appointment to have your biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) done. Once they have completed the security check based on the biometrics and reviewed your application, they will notify you that a) they wish to see more evidence (an RFE); b ) they wish to see you for an interview and will set up an appointment, or c) approve you without an interview and will send you the 10 year green card. There is no saying how long - or how short - a time this will take:-).

Carry the notice that you quoted above along with your expired green card - together they prove that your green card is extended for a full year while they assess your application. You can continue to work and travel the exact same as you did with just the unexpired green card. Good luck on a quick approval.

My wife just received her 10-year greencard yesterday!! Thank you all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Congrats!

2004: I-485 Filed

2005: Interview & Conditional GC recv'd

05/2007: I-751 sent to TSC

06/2007: FP completed

05/25/2008: Recv'd letter that interview for 05/08 is being cancelled though I never recv'd a letter that interview was scheduled

06/2008: Cond'l GC 1yr extension expires 07/08, via info pass received a stamp in passport for another year

07/2008: recv'd interview notice for beginning of Aug

08/06/2008: I-751 interview and GC Apprv'l

08/20/2008: Physical GC Recv'd

05/2012: Eligible For Citizenship

Im not a lawyer (yet), so consider my posts accordingly...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks!

According to your post, your wife's card has already expired some 90 days ago

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks!

According to your post, your wife's card has already expired some 90 days ago

This is why reading the whole thread before replying is a really good idea =)

Permanent Resident Since 01/03/2007

N-400 application mailed 3/20/17

Credit card charged 3/25/17

NOA 3/31/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.