lilysintrigue

The Nervousness has begun to set in ...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey All,

I've been cool throughout this whole process, making sure everything is in order, helping Chris with what needs to be sorted to make sure he has everything... That is up until today when reality just set in, he has his medical today, and in 9 days he will finally have his visa !! But up until today I've been so cool and calm and collected and then suddenly im like eeee the interview is only 9 days away, now don't get me wrong his totally stressing because hes afraid he will take too long to answer a question or what not. I keep reassuring him that he has nothing to worry about and just answer the questions genuinely and not to fret.. But how can you not fret in a situation like this hehe guess its just the jitters I wish I could be there next week when he has his interview. but I can't. Although I will be on the first plane back... Sorry for the public post like this .. I just needed to get some of this nervousness out of me, argh I dont think I will stop being nervous until after Chris has his interview and we know!! Any london consulate interviewies that can help ease our minds as we both think hes going in and will be interviewed by the gestapo lol I know its not going to be that bad but eee this is very nerveracking ..

Kind Regards,

Shawna & Chris

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hey All,

I've been cool throughout this whole process, making sure everything is in order, helping Chris with what needs to be sorted to make sure he has everything... That is up until today when reality just set in, he has his medical today, and in 9 days he will finally have his visa !! But up until today I've been so cool and calm and collected and then suddenly im like eeee the interview is only 9 days away, now don't get me wrong his totally stressing because hes afraid he will take too long to answer a question or what not. I keep reassuring him that he has nothing to worry about and just answer the questions genuinely and not to fret.. But how can you not fret in a situation like this hehe guess its just the jitters I wish I could be there next week when he has his interview. but I can't. Although I will be on the first plane back... Sorry for the public post like this .. I just needed to get some of this nervousness out of me, argh I dont think I will stop being nervous until after Chris has his interview and we know!! Any london consulate interviewies that can help ease our minds as we both think hes going in and will be interviewed by the gestapo lol I know its not going to be that bad but eee this is very nerveracking ..

Kind Regards,

Shawna & Chris

if you click on the links above under reviews you can see peoples experiences of the London Embassy Interviews. Or try this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...;field_4=United

Good luck with the interview. :thumbs:

Edited by Sal and Jay

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Hey All,

Kind Regards,

Shawna & Chris

Do you feel a little better now? :o) I'm no where near your stage but thinking about the further stages such as these as well as the AOS makes me nervous too but with a big smile at the end of it!! Just be there for him, perhaps question him like a consul to make him feel prepared :o) as long as he keeps his answers short and sweet and not to volunteer info or start with an answer like 'errr'.. or 'I think...' then he won't cause the consul to further delve in deeper..not that that is a problem either, we just like to be in and out of hot seats fast! Everything will be perfect when the approval/visa comes, just continue to instill all the confidence in each other and everything will be fine. Good luck!! Don't be nervous :o)

What most beneficiaries (and many petitioners too) don't realize is that they are already approved for the visa. IMO, the interview is really just a formality for them to meet you and ask you a couple of questions.

Unless they see evidence that you are lying or are already married (like pictures of your ceremony :bonk: ), they will approve you. Answer their questions truthfully and you'll be ok.

Good luck (even though you don't really need it). ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

No worries!! All will be well. Its just a formality like Kidbrooklyn said. You are basically already approved. Just the last check to make sure everything is real. If he knows you and loves you then you have nothing worry about. Congrats on the Interview........everything will be great, you'll see. :D

What most beneficiaries (and many petitioners too) don't realize is that they are already approved for the visa. IMO, the interview is really just a formality for them to meet you and ask you a couple of questions.

Unless they see evidence that you are lying or are already married (like pictures of your ceremony :bonk: ), they will approve you. Answer their questions truthfully and you'll be ok.

Completely not true Kid Brooklyn.

Many have been denied at the interview. Just because you have NOA2 does not mean you are automatically approved and are guaranteed a visa.

I agree with what you said after that though...if you have all or evidence organized, proving you have a bona fide relationship, an approval is likely to follow. There are other circumstances like overstays, etc that can effect the outcome which usually aren't brought up until the interview. Nothing is for sure....It's only when you have visa in hand that you know you have been approved.

Best of luck at the interview hon, you will be fine! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Many have been denied at the interview. Just because you have NOA2 does not mean you are automatically approved and are guaranteed a visa.

I agree with what you said after that though...if you have all or evidence organized, proving you have a bona fide relationship, an approval is likely to follow. There are other circumstances like overstays, etc that can effect the outcome which usually aren't brought up until the interview. Nothing is for sure....It's only when you have visa in hand that you know you have been approved.

I agree with you Laura. If this were the case and we were all approved beforehand we would all be jumping up for joy right about now!! I think kidbrooklyn was saying is that the case looks to be more approving given that you are 'at that stage'.. however, the bonafide evidence must be brought to ensure a successful outcome! Whatever the outcome of the interview you have to pay for the visa either way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I agree with Laura and Nick, your NOA2 is the notice of approval of the I-129F petition not the Visa. The I-129F is the petition the US Citizen filed on behalf of his/her foreign fiance so he/she could apply for the Visa (k-1). Having a NOA2 does not guarantee the Visa will be granted.

OP, I hear ya! My interview is still one month away and I'm starting to get very nervous! :unsure: I try to stay positive and be prepared the best way I can. Reading the reviews of other interviews really helps, so you can be better prepared for what they might ask.

Good luck to you and your fiance! I'm sure everything will go just fine :) Keep us posted!

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Honestly that is great news that you have only so much time before the interview. Think about it.....soon you are going to be with your loved one! (As long as you have been doing things the way they should be done.)

I am sure everything will work out. Just do everything they ask and remember that they are the boss. Unless they have a good reason, they won't deny you.

Its not like the interviewer is having a bad day and just rejects people left and right because they feel like it that day.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

I don't think I ever said anything was "guaranteed". :blink:

I said you are approved and will get a visa, UNLESS they get evidence of something that is against the rules and warrants a denial. If they are sure they are straight up legit, no criminal past, medical good, evidence of a real relationship, it's pretty hard to get denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I said you are approved and will get a visa, UNLESS they get evidence of something that is against the rules and warrants a denial. If they are sure they are straight up legit, no criminal past, medical good, evidence of a real relationship, it's pretty hard to get denied.

That is true, I mean they are already expecting you to immigrate to America unless there is some issue that needs to be resolved or they find a major problem indicating that they individual should not immigrate to America.

Edited by BigCityDave

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I remember someone saying that they went for their interview, and the person in front of them didnt even know their american Fiances full name, (obviously a chancer), that is what the interview is for, that person was lying and they got caught.

If you havent lied (which I am guessing you havent) you will be absolutely fine, just answer their questions clearly, and it is all instinct to you.

Being nervous is good, they understand that formal interviews always bring up some nerves, use those to your advantage, Best of luck with the interview honey!

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

But you didn't say that...you said:

"What most beneficiaries (and many petitioners too) don't realize is that they are already approved for the visa. IMO, the interview is really just a formality for them to meet you and ask you a couple of questions. "

Yes you did mention that unless something comes up you will get the visa...but the first sentence is deceiving. NOA2 does not mean visa approved.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

And that is exactly where you are mistaken. The petition is approved the visa is not approved yet, at this stage.

The petition (I-129F) and visa (K-1) are 2 different things.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

But you didn't say that...you said:

"What most beneficiaries (and many petitioners too) don't realize is that they are already approved for the visa. IMO, the interview is really just a formality for them to meet you and ask you a couple of questions. "

Yes you did mention that unless something comes up you will get the visa...but the first sentence is deceiving. NOA2 does not mean visa approved.

That's why it's a good idea to read the whole post, not just the first sentence.

The petition (I-129F) and visa (K-1) are 2 different things.

Is that a fact? I disagree.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.