lilysintrigue

The Nervousness has begun to set in ...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yes, and they are oftenly mistaken.

On your post you made it sound as the NOA2 was a pre-approval of the K-1. The interview is not just a formality, the CO is the one approving the K-1. The USCIS approves the I-129F.

The NOA2 is the approval of the petiton that the USC filed so the foreign fiance could apply for a K-1 visa.

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But you didn't say that...you said:

"What most beneficiaries (and many petitioners too) don't realize is that they are already approved for the visa. IMO, the interview is really just a formality for them to meet you and ask you a couple of questions. "

Yes you did mention that unless something comes up you will get the visa...but the first sentence is deceiving. NOA2 does not mean visa approved.

That's why it's a good idea to read the whole post, not just the first sentence.

The petition (I-129F) and visa (K-1) are 2 different things.

Is that a fact? I disagree, it's an visa application.

If you apply for a credit card and they approve you, won't you get your credit card (unless they find out that you lied about your income or have been arrested for credit card fraud in the past, etc)?

Edited by kid brooklyn

Timeline
That's why it's a good idea to read the whole post, not just the first sentence.

Is that a fact? I disagree, it's an visa application.

If you apply for a credit card and they approve you, won't you get your credit card (unless they find out that you lied about your income or have been arrested for credit card fraud in the past, etc)?

This example applies perfectly when talking about credit cards. But it does not apply to what we are discussing here. You are comparing apples to oranges.

The I-129F is not the visa application, is the petition that the USC files on behalf of the fiance, so the fiance can apply for a visa, the visa application is DS-156.

You can look at it as two steps of the same process, but they are still 2 different things.

Edited by eric_and_teresa

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

Oh but I did read the whole post and it still isn't right.

You are not approved for a visa when you have NOA2. Sorry, but you aren't.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

But you didn't say that...you said:

"What most beneficiaries (and many petitioners too) don't realize is that they are already approved for the visa. IMO, the interview is really just a formality for them to meet you and ask you a couple of questions. "

Yes you did mention that unless something comes up you will get the visa...but the first sentence is deceiving. NOA2 does not mean visa approved.

Is that a fact? I disagree.

LOLOL where is all this coming from!!? Relax people jeeez

Timeline

We are just discussing different points of view, which I find it very interesting and useful and lots of other readers might find it helpful too.

Nothing wrong with engaging on an intersting discussion :) It helps us to learn about the process we are all going through. That's why its called a forum ;)

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

It's coming from the fact that we don't want people coming to this thread thinking that when they have NOA2 they are guaranteed a visa.

Nothing is for sure in this.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

It's coming from the fact that we don't want people coming to this thread thinking that when they have NOA2 they are guaranteed a visa.

Nothing is for sure in this.

The original poster was here because she was a bag of nerves that's all I was referring to. You can relax enall no need to get your bra in a twist love.

pardon me?

Hmm...that was uncalled for and I'm not your "love".

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

Yes, but while discussing the original topic, the misconception that the NOA2 is the approval of the Visa came up and it is important that this is cleared up so others can get the right info.

Believing that the K-1 visa is pre-approved when you receive your NOA2 its not something I'd want others to take as true.

Wifetobe, I suggest that if you got any problems with the dicussion that is going on here, you use PMs, your last post was uncalled for and completely off the topic.

What many do not reliaze is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing and explaing your points of view, I personally take as a learning experience.

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Eeep :unsure: Thank uhm for all the replies yeah Im still nervous, Chris just called me and he survived his medical alright got poked alot but that was to be expected... I didn't mean to start somethng like this from what I posted... eep :S All of this is making me even more nervous, I know we will not have a problem getting approved, neither of us have criminal backgrounds we have proof of a 2 1/2 year relationship, everything is in order I've made sure of that, with help from this forum... I didnt mean to cause a fuss.. sorry guys Thank you for all the help and comments though :) Sorry about the late reply Im at work, just heard back from Chris and wanted to update... :)

Kind Regards,

Shawna & Chris

Timeline
Eeep :unsure: Thank uhm for all the replies yeah Im still nervous, Chris just called me and he survived his medical alright got poked alot but that was to be expected... I didn't mean to start somethng like this from what I posted... eep :S All of this is making me even more nervous, I know we will not have a problem getting approved, neither of us have criminal backgrounds we have proof of a 2 1/2 year relationship, everything is in order I've made sure of that, with help from this forum... I didnt mean to cause a fuss.. sorry guys Thank you for all the help and comments though :) Sorry about the late reply Im at work, just heard back from Chris and wanted to update... :)

Kind Regards,

Shawna & Chris

Nothing to be sorry about :) what you posted did not cause the discussion. But, personally I think it's good that the subject came up.

You guys will do just great!

Keep us posted!

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.08.2011- NOA Received

Kind Regards,

Shawna & Chris

You didn't do anything wrong hon!!! :)

Just having a discussion.

Best of luck with the interview, can't wait to read all about it.

:)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Yes, but while discussing the original topic, the misconception that the NOA2 is the approval of the Visa came up and it is important that this is cleared up so others can get the right info.

Believing that the K-1 visa is pre-approved when you receive your NOA2 its not something I'd want others to take as true.

Wifetobe, I suggest that if you got any problems with the dicussion that is going on here, you use PMs, your last post was uncalled for and completely off the topic.

What many do not reliaze is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing and explaing your points of view, I personally take as a learning experience.

Who said I had a problem with this post? You did, and you got it tragically wrong. I don't have to PM nobody to say what I think. Originally the topic was about a poster being nervous about an upcoming interview, do you remember the original post perhaps? I was making an observation and trying to bring a little light peace to the thread. There's nothing uncalled for in any of my posts. Have a good day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.