brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

As I have sometimes hinted at here, I have lost both my parents (my father almost 15 years ago, my mother at the end of 2004), and am currently estranged from my only brother (married with two children), mainly because of his wife's negative influence. Last year, when things were still going reasonably well, they met Michael on his first visit to Italy - but for the life of me I've never been able to understand if they liked him or not. One thing I know is they never asked me about his job, or how old he is - perfectly normal questions to ask a sister about her future husband. Odd as it may sound, the most sympathetic members of my family (and the ones with whom I have a relationship at the moment) are two elderly aunts, one my dad's sister, the other my mom's cousin. They have never met Michael in person, but they are very happy on my behalf, and can't wait to see me get that visa and leave towards my new life.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Suzy,

Too bad a part of your family isn´t happy for you. If I were you, I wouldn´t care at all, invite them all to the wedding, act as the good daughter and happy fiancee I am, I´m not the one who has a problem, they are! And that would give them a chance to see how great Luis probably is. If they don´t see that, again too bad, you did your part and I mean, who cares, anyway? They can´t know what´s going on in a relationship if they´re not IN it.

My family and friends didn´t quite believe how serious I was until I actually told them I was getting married. Before that, they thought it´d be over sooner or later. Now they´re happy for me, my parents are scared to death, though, and my mother cried (not out of happiness) when she knew about the approval. I guess it´s normal, I´m also scared of moving out of Brazil and sad to live my parents... Awww such a daddy´s girl, I am.

K1

04/11/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/14/2008 - I-129F Received at VSC

04/21/2008 - I-129F NOA1

05/21/2008 - Touched (don´t know if it was the first, didn´t check before)

05/25/2008 - Advisory Opinion: SUBJECT to section 212 (e)

06/06/2008 - Sent paperwork for a waiver of the HRR

06/17/2008 - Check for the waiver cashed

06/18/2008 - No objection letter for the waiver sent by Brazilian Embassy

07/21/2008 - I-129F NOA2

07/28/2008 - Favorable Recommendation sent (waiver!)

09/08/2008 - Medical

09/16/2008 - Interview date (pending - missing form 1040)

09/24/2008 - Form 1040 finally received by the embassy

09/26/2008 - Visa issued, passport on its way!!! lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I guess the Norman Rockwell family paintings do not depict the people in this thread. :unsure:

But, glad to know that I am not the only one. :star:

Yeah, both my parents have passed away also. My mom when I was in high school, and my dad about five years ago. And my brother and I do not converse and all my grandparents are also deceased. Geez, and I am still in my thirties.

My advice is always to do the right thing whenever possible, especially when you get only one shot at it. ie. like funerals, weddings, etc. But having said that, I would never set up a scenario that would potentially ruin my wedding day.

Brian

03/18/08 Engagement Date

04/03/08 NOA1 Date

07/03/08 NOA2 Received Via Email

07/22/08 Received email Stating Approval Under Review

07/28/08 NOA2 Status Changed to Denial

08/13/08 2nd NOA2 received via Email

10/07/08 Interview Date/VISA RECEIVED

11/22/08 Atlanta, U.S. Point of Entry.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I guess the Norman Rockwell family paintings do not depict the people in this thread. :unsure:

Brian

I've just googled him, Brian. And you're spot on - they don't.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
So guess what? I got my RFE in the mail & it was that stupid question. I have to check "NO" sign it and mail it back. No biggie.

BIG relief.

I'll be sending it out next day LOL

May it go thru fast for ya.....

s4z18g.gif2lw0q4m.gif

JON & OLENKA

Timeline:

3/19/08 Met my lovely Olenka in Lviv, Ukraine

4/21/08 K1 packet sent to VSC via Express Mail

4/22/08 Packet arrived at VSC. Signed for by P. NOVAK

4/30/08 NOA1 date

5/5/08 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail + TOUCHED

5/29/08 TOUCHED

5/30/08 TOUCHED

8/7/08 NOA2

8/14/08 NOA2 hardcopy

8/18/08 Received by NVC

8/25/08? Left NVC

11/5/08 Interview date

11/25/08 MY LOVE WILL ARRIVE!!!

geicocavemanyx6.jpg

What do your families think about it? Do they think you're crazy?

My mother and father absolutely love Jim. He visited them with me while he was in the country, and they had a blast with him. As far as I can tell, they have absolutely no reservations about our relationship. Same for my friends, who I basically regard as family.

My maternal grandmother is probably a little more wary, but as she hasn't met him, that's to be expected. I think she'll be okay once they meet.

My step-family? I have no idea, and don't really care. Not that I have anything against them, really, but I've never been to mindful of anything they think. We've always had some pretty fundamental differences of opinion on just about everything.

Edited by SterlingGirl

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
So guess what? I got my RFE in the mail & it was that stupid question. I have to check "NO" sign it and mail it back. No biggie.

BIG relief.

I'll be sending it out next day LOL

Hey Suzy!!

As to your first question, my mom's side is great with it! They all love Gareth!! It was my mom who told us about the K1 Visa thing...I didn't know about it. As for my dad, he likes Gareth, and we went to his family reunion this past weekend and they all love him, but they don't know that he's coming in on a fiancé Visa...we just talked about it as a Visa at the reunion. And as far as they know we're legally getting married in May. It is just easier that way with my dad and his family. We're afraid he'd say something like you mentioned before...that he's just marrying me to stay here. Dad is just blah like that. So to keep the peace and make things go smooth...that's how we roll on that one. ;)

And I'm glad to see you got your RFE in the mail...hope it goes quickly! And it means my hard copy should be here soon since we were touched and issued our things the same day. We've just about got everything together that he needs, just gotta get that copy of the NOA2. I hope it comes soon!!

Good luck everyone!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Sorry if I am in a hurry (getting ready for work), but I had to share the great news with you... WE'VE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED!!!!! :dance::dance: :dance: :dance:

I want to thank you all for putting up with me, and wish ALL THE BEST to everyone.. those still waiting, and those who will be soon facing interviews. More later!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Sorry if I am in a hurry (getting ready for work), but I had to share the great news with you... WE'VE FINALLY BEEN APPROVED!!!!! :dance::dance: :dance: :dance:

I want to thank you all for putting up with me, and wish ALL THE BEST to everyone.. those still waiting, and those who will be soon facing interviews. More later!

There ya go!! :thumbs: That only took 131 days too!! More than a month less than mine - what were ya worried about!!!!???

So I trust we'll be seeing a happier Highway Star around here now, mmmmmmmmm???? ;)

Oh, thought ya might like this.....

HighwayStar1.jpg

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
So I checked my application, I didn't fill that out, like I thought. :wacko:

I'm a dingbat. :blink:

Look at the bright side, at least yours will generate an RFE with no decision being made until you check off that stupid box.

My case status is currently "denied" while they review how well I checked off that stupid box. :angry:

I guess because I received an "approval", it was probably some procedural deal where it had to be overturned then they allow me to supply additional information. But it does stink having a blue piece of paper that says "denied."

I would rather be in your shoes, though I am sure that my feet would hurt. :star:

Brian

Hi Brian,

I am so sorry to hear that you got a status change after receiving your NOA2. Dear don't worry everything will be back on track soon. We all look at you for being so strong and a guiding force for everyone of us. I wish that this hurdle in your path will get over soon and you get a good news faster....

Wish you all the very best for a speedy approval..

with best wishes & Regards,

Amrit & Rob

****ROC****

GC-Date: Nov 25th 2011The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card

Sent: Nov 11th 2014 N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Packet Delivered: Nov 27 2014
ChkCashd: Dec 2nd 2014
NOA: Dec 8th 2014
Fprints: Jan 7th 2015
In Line: Jan 9th 2015
Int Ltr: Jan 19th 2015
Intview: Feb 26th 2015
Oath: March 19th 2015
Field Office: San Antonio

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!! Does it not feel like all the anxiety and angst has been for nothing when you get that email? I know that I was crying down the phone to Megan when she told me. We had been fighting a lot and had booked for her to come here and a week later we got the email. When we're done with the NOA2 notice we are going to frame it and put it up in the bathroom!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Now let's get the finger out VSC and start approving the rest of Paril before going on to the May people...........

K1

04/05/2008 - I-129F Sent to VSC

04/10/2008 - I-129F NOA1 Received

07/20/2008 - I-129F NOA2 Received (106 Days after filing)

08/08/2008 - Packet 3 Received

08/09/2008 - Packet 3 Sent

08/12/2008 - Medical

08/25/2008 - Packet 4 Received

09/04/2008 - Interview - Approved!!!!

09/08/2008 - Visa Received

09/12/2008 - US Entry (EDI-JFK-PIT)

AOS

09/27/2008 - AOS Packet Sent

10/02/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

10/20/2008 - I-485 Transferred To CSC

10/28/2008 - Biometrics

11/28/2008 - I-765 and I-131 Received

02/03/2009 - I-485 Card Production Ordered

Removal of Conditions

11/06/2010 - I-751 Sent to VSC

11/08/2010 - I-751 Received at VSC

11/09/2010 - NOA for I-751

11/15/2010 - Check Cashed

11/17/2010 - NOA Hard Copy Received

12/07/2010 - Biometrics in Pittsburgh

Citizenship

11/06/2010 - Filing Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations! Very happy for you. The wait is over!! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi Suzy,

I totally feel your pain. It is really hard "convincing," everyone that this is the best thing for me, and that he isn't just after a "green" card (I live close to where you - I'm in Stamford, CT <where the "green card" issue occurs all too often>). All of my family and friends are pretty honest with me, not that I necessarily appreciate that all the time, and not only do they tell me to be careful because of you never know of his hidden agendas but they also think it would be soo much easier if I just married a local person, who knew everyone, had a job here, spoke the language, etc (which I had a bf for 8 yrs before I met him). It would be of course, but I'm not in love with anyone else. Which I bet you feel the same way. I do have to admit - one thing that I often do do, which I know is terrible, is when people are saying negative things to me, sometimes some of them stick in my head and I call him and ask him these ridiculous questions... Do you ever feel like it's you and him against everyone? Hahah, not saying that everyone is against me either, but I do think that everyone is just worried and trying to look out for me, which I bet is the same for you. And I don't know about you, but Felipe hasn't been able to visit so no one knows him, and all they see is a man who I met in November on vacation now trying to come to America. Where I know, just like you, he would prefer me to move to Chile (he's asked several times).

You just have to know that when everyone meets him they will love him.. And it's hard for everyone to make judgements when they don't know him.. Once he gets here and if then everyone is still rude to him, I would agree to put some distance between you and them, but until then I think everyone is just trying to look out for you.

Edited by INCT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.