pokernut

k-1 gone bad I want her out asap

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
This isnt the thread for having a little fun. Try the OFF TOPIC threads.

Thanks Jason-Sasha, I agree with you.

I think if she really used him, yea, he has every right to send her home, he brought her here, with the thought that she loved him and really wanted to be with him, and the whole time she was lieing. Yea, he has every right to wanna send her back home. I dont think hes horrible for wanting that, nor do i think hes "disposing of her". She used him to get here, and its him who can send her home. Using ppl is wrong, and id be just as pissed as he is.

and OMG, ive never seen so much breaking of TOS in any thread on VJ :blink:

Evidently the mods are taking a long winter's nap. We have the right to "wanna" anything but not the "right" force a fiance or spouse to get on a plane. Only the authorities can do that.

A PM would have done the trick, we do not "hunt" for TOS violations and depend on members to report infractions to us.

That aside - either the posts in this thread ease up and stay on topic or this thread may be closed. I am now moving this to the proper forum (organizers?).

The org's don't get a PM either.

Personally I left the thread where it was because there has been no marriage. Thus no immigration benefits to be affected.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
This isnt the thread for having a little fun. Try the OFF TOPIC threads.

Thanks Jason-Sasha, I agree with you.

I think if she really used him, yea, he has every right to send her home, he brought her here, with the thought that she loved him and really wanted to be with him, and the whole time she was lieing. Yea, he has every right to wanna send her back home. I dont think hes horrible for wanting that, nor do i think hes "disposing of her". She used him to get here, and its him who can send her home. Using ppl is wrong, and id be just as pissed as he is.

and OMG, ive never seen so much breaking of TOS in any thread on VJ :blink:

Evidently the mods are taking a long winter's nap. We have the right to "wanna" anything but not the "right" force a fiance or spouse to get on a plane. Only the authorities can do that.

A PM would have done the trick, we do not "hunt" for TOS violations and depend on members to report infractions to us.

That aside - either the posts in this thread ease up and stay on topic or this thread may be closed. I am now moving this to the proper forum (organizers?).

The org's don't get a PM either.

Personally I left the thread where it was because there has been no marriage. Thus no immigration benefits to be affected.

I did the same.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dear Pokernut,

I am sorry that you had to find out the hard way....

I lived in Asia (India and Thailand mostly) so I had many Thai girlfriends and we often talked "girl to girl" about the subject of "finding a western man" for them. I won't deny that many of my friends were in the "market" to find a western provider. Some girls were accepting that maybe the guy isn't perfect and learn to love them if they were treated well and taken care of. But if the ATTRACTION isn't even there, then it's hard to fake and eventually the marriage suffers.

It is hard enough marrying someone with a great age disparity, but then add to this a cultural difference, lack of shared interests...

I hope it all works out for you.

Tina

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I kept it where it was bc it was a K-1 issue, it didnt belong in OT, and there hasnt been anything passed the K-1 entry, especially since they are not married yet.

I was also half asleep when i read this. :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey - this process keeps people apart. Some never even have the chance of getting to know the other until they are rushed into marriage. I'm surprised we dont see more posts like this.

I too am surprised we don't see more like this but the process isn't rushing anybody into marriage or decisions to marry. Those choices are made by the individuals and cannot be blamed on some system.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is simple. You not married to this scammer during the 90 day k1 visa perios = not your problem, stop worrying about her, report her to ICE and let them know you are not getting married and what happened, let her find her own way back home, wash her off your hands and out the front door of your home, she made her choice.

You got married to this scammer before the end of the 90 day K1 expires = better get a divorce asap and get a lawyer for you have some complex issues in your life now to deal with and probably some expenses.

Best of luck. :dance:

To make a long story short, I want her sent back asap. I dont have the money to send her back right away. I dont feel that she deserves even an extended vacation here at the costs that this has already brought to me. Its going to be two months before I can get a ticket for her to go back. Can I just call immigration and they come and get her? Maybe they can bill me? What can I do to get her on a plane back to her home country as soon as possible???

Filed: Timeline
Hey - this process keeps people apart. Some never even have the chance of getting to know the other until they are rushed into marriage. I'm surprised we dont see more posts like this.

I too am surprised we don't see more like this but the process isn't rushing anybody into marriage or decisions to marry. Those choices are made by the individuals and cannot be blamed on some system.

90 days for the K1 - most people need 6 months minimum to plan a wedding...it's so unpredictable.

Timeline

90 days for the K1 - most people need 6 months minimum to plan a wedding...it's so unpredictable.

K1 is a fiance(e) visa, so the 90 days begins months after the decision to marry has already been made. It's not a sight unseen mail order bride scenario.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

K1 is a fiance(e) visa, so the 90 days begins months after the decision to marry has already been made. It's not a sight unseen mail order bride scenario.

What Im saying is that K1ers cant exactly pick a wedding date... can they? Hell, I tried to plan having a baby around one of these K1's.

just out of curiosity.. when she goes back to her home country, would this affect how long she would have to wait to file a work visa?

Maybe. It depends in part on whether she falls out of status (if she's only been here two months she's still in status), incurs an overstay, etc.

ICE isn't going to come and pick her up when she's in status and return her to her home country. You can report her to ICE, and that may launch an investigation which will culminate in her deportation, but it won't be a quick or easy process for her, and certainly not one you can rely on to get rid of her while she's still in status.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

I too am surprised we don't see more like this but the process isn't rushing anybody into marriage or decisions to marry. Those choices are made by the individuals and cannot be blamed on some system

What Im saying is that K1ers cant exactly pick a wedding date... can they? Hell, I tried to plan having a baby around one of these K1's.

Your bolded above has nothing to do with picking a wedding date. I understand K1 folks don't have the same freedom plan the kind of "wedding" at facilities and with some of the kinds of services many big wedding/receptions feature but that goes more to the kind of ceremony than to the success of the marital relationship. Successful marriages come from every conceivable kind of "wedding". On the other hand, our so far very successful and happy marriage has followed a very nice wedding and reception that was planned in far less than 90 days.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

If you think 90 days isn't enough time to know whether your significant other is the real thing, then you need not to file. Seriously. Aside from the immigration aspect, you're allegedly getting married and signing a bunch of financial paperwork, right?

Plus, the visa's good for six months. We started planning our wedding the day he got the visa for five months down the road. He entered about three months after getting the visa. Big floofy Catholic wedding with a reception of 75 guests.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
If you think 90 days isn't enough time to know whether your significant other is the real thing, then you need not to file. Seriously. Aside from the immigration aspect, you're allegedly getting married and signing a bunch of financial paperwork, right?

Plus, the visa's good for six months. We started planning our wedding the day he got the visa for five months down the road. He entered about three months after getting the visa. Big floofy Catholic wedding with a reception of 75 guests.

Right. Any rushing is a result of personal choices, not the visa process. K1 is a fiance(e) visa. You file the petition AFTER you make the decision to marry. Nothing about the visa process dictates how you make the decision about who to marry.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

this thread is really sad. it's too bad he might have been deceived. it's too bad that he isn't smarter. it's too bad that he thinks humans are like merchandise. both sides are very disturbing and sad to read or think about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.