Giskat09

Passport revoked!

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to agree with a lot of people here. I dont care what the reasons was for being behind in his child support payments. Just pay it. There's obviously "some" money to be spent on immigration fees and all, not to mention the recent wedding he had in Philippines. Just pay the child support first. The wife in PI who he recently just married can wait. Whatever the reason is, ignoring child support is a "real" and not imagined red flag.

ok. You could all hammer me now for being so judgemental. :bonk:

Filed: Timeline
I have to agree with a lot of people here. I dont care what the reasons was for being behind in his child support payments. Just pay it. There's obviously "some" money to be spent on immigration fees and all, not to mention the recent wedding he had in Philippines. Just pay the child support first. The wife in PI who he recently just married can wait. Whatever the reason is, ignoring child support is a "real" and not imagined red flag.

:bonk:;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

All he has to do is pay the money remaining money owed to the children. The Family Court has probably GARNISHED (take money directly from paycheck) your husbands salary to get this money.

Once he has paid off the $4000.00....then he can get his passport...

Edited by Nutty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dear,

Big differences between the Philipines and USA....

But please don't tell me GOOD Pinoy women don't care if man does not pay for their children...That may be the case if the woman is not married and having kids with lots of men. But not catholic pinoy women.

In USA...it takes two people to make a baby...and so two people to pay for baby....

What is wrong with that????

Or do you feel it is ok for men to go around making babies and not taking care of them after?????

If you answer, yes, don't feel bad when you are left alone to take care of the kids.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
His passport was revoked because of his unsettled debts in his child support.

My question is, Can he file me for a spouse visa even his passport was revoked? I mean, he can submit his birth certificate along with I-I30.

If ever he paid his balance, he can get his new passport. How long does it take for him to get a new passport? Some says, 3 months some 6 months... i dunn o the real deal....

Please help....

The child support must be brought current and a certified satement to that effect must be available before you can process for a new Passport. There are no exceptions to this. Nice to see something works.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:ot: GEEZ..:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

:ot: GEEZ.. :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

Actually not, not off topic. The OP opened the 'can of worms' by stating the reason for the passport being revoked. If she had just wanted advice on how to proceed w/out the passport, she could have just stated, "what are the options if USC's passport is revoked". She may have received some questions as to the why of it...but nothing to this extent.

I agree w/ N&T and others here.....this young man owes some $$ for support of his children, according to the state he resides in. It is his fault for letting things get this far (believe me, they don't revoke your passport b/cuz you didn't pay child support one month...it takes a while for things to get to this stage). I go right along w/ others in questioning....what the he!! was this husband doing letting his child support lapse so far behind, while he was fallin in love, courtin' and marrying in the PI? All of that costs $$, which he could have been using to pay his child support. So no...no sympathy here.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who cannot pay their child support.When he catches up, I'm sure he'll be able to get a new one.

Get a new child? :P

No,a new passport.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello All -

I'm new to this site but wanted to throw in my .02 on this subject as I'm VERY, VERY familar with it...

I've been divorced for almopst 3 years now and my divorce decree stated I was to pay $857 per month in child support. I faithfully paid my ogbligation every month (paid with personal checks and noted "child support" in the memo area. Well - in October of 2007 (over 2 1/2 years after my divorce, my employer receives a notice from the Child Support Enforment Agency stating that effective my next pay date my employer was to withdraw the funds from my payroll check and forward them to the CSEA. I didn't have any problem with this as I had been paying ever since the date of my divorce anyway. Well - to make a long story short, I receive a letter in November from CSEA stating that I was $25,500 in arrears for non payment of child support. I immediately got on the phone and began leaving messages for the person who was the "case officer". I left no less than 25 voice mails and never once received a response. My deduction went from $857 per month to $1045 to pay the "arrears" that I owed. I went to the Child Support with EVERY cancelled check and finally met with the case officer after sitting there for 7 hours. I was told that under Ohio law that payments made directly to the parent counted as "gifts" and would not be applied to MY responsibilities. Even after producing 29 cancelled checks that clearly stated "child support" in the memo column, I was told that the only way that the arrearage would be taken off was if my ex wife agreed to go with me to the courthouse and agreed to have a journal entry made that the funds I had given her all this time were in fact child support. My ex and I do not have a cordial relationship but I asked her anyway. She laughed at me and told me that there was no way that she would do anything to help me. (BTW - I now actually have CUSTODY of my son but that also has no bearing on what the CSEA states I'm in arrearage on).

To add insult to injury, I went to renew my passport to take my trip to see Tatiana in Moldova (even paid extra to the State Dept to expedite my renewel). I recieved a notification that I had been placed on the passport denial list because I had arrearages in excess of $2500.

Again I went back on the phone and was told that all I needed to do was speak to the case officer and she had the authority to remove my name from this list and that since I was already paying the "arrearages" it wouldn't cost me anything to get my passport back.

The case officer basically told me that she was sorry for my luck and that if I wanted my passport all I needed to do was to write a check (actually bring a Cashiers check) for $25k. We went into a negotiation and I advised her that I didn't have 25k lying around and she wound up settling for $1,500 to release my name from the passport denial list.

I guess the point of my post is that sometimes the dad isn't the deadbeat and even when he does the right thing he can end up on the losing end. Anyone who says that the child support system isn't biased towards the mother is sadly mistaken. I'm niot defecding the guy who's now the subject of 50 some odd posts, all I'm trying to say is that there were a lot of people who expressed opinions who knew absolutely nothing about how the system works. I wish this guy good luck and advise him to try and reach a compromise with his child support case officer. He may in fact be able to get his passport released fairly easily with an acceptable payment arrangement. Who knows - maybe he isn't the peice of trash that some people made him out to be.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I have read your story and yes, i believe with your opinion here..

Its just sometimes or most of the time people are easily judge others without knowing what's the real story behind these people. And that's a pity for those..

Anyway, I hope the OP will read this response, since i think she started unsubscribing herself from this thread , because of this easily thrown up criticism..

Good luck everyone.

The wife.

Hello All -

I'm new to this site but wanted to throw in my .02 on this subject as I'm VERY, VERY familar with it...

I've been divorced for almopst 3 years now and my divorce decree stated I was to pay $857 per month in child support. I faithfully paid my ogbligation every month (paid with personal checks and noted "child support" in the memo area. Well - in October of 2007 (over 2 1/2 years after my divorce, my employer receives a notice from the Child Support Enforment Agency stating that effective my next pay date my employer was to withdraw the funds from my payroll check and forward them to the CSEA. I didn't have any problem with this as I had been paying ever since the date of my divorce anyway. Well - to make a long story short, I receive a letter in November from CSEA stating that I was $25,500 in arrears for non payment of child support. I immediately got on the phone and began leaving messages for the person who was the "case officer". I left no less than 25 voice mails and never once received a response. My deduction went from $857 per month to $1045 to pay the "arrears" that I owed. I went to the Child Support with EVERY cancelled check and finally met with the case officer after sitting there for 7 hours. I was told that under Ohio law that payments made directly to the parent counted as "gifts" and would not be applied to MY responsibilities. Even after producing 29 cancelled checks that clearly stated "child support" in the memo column, I was told that the only way that the arrearage would be taken off was if my ex wife agreed to go with me to the courthouse and agreed to have a journal entry made that the funds I had given her all this time were in fact child support. My ex and I do not have a cordial relationship but I asked her anyway. She laughed at me and told me that there was no way that she would do anything to help me. (BTW - I now actually have CUSTODY of my son but that also has no bearing on what the CSEA states I'm in arrearage on).

To add insult to injury, I went to renew my passport to take my trip to see Tatiana in Moldova (even paid extra to the State Dept to expedite my renewel). I recieved a notification that I had been placed on the passport denial list because I had arrearages in excess of $2500.

Again I went back on the phone and was told that all I needed to do was speak to the case officer and she had the authority to remove my name from this list and that since I was already paying the "arrearages" it wouldn't cost me anything to get my passport back.

The case officer basically told me that she was sorry for my luck and that if I wanted my passport all I needed to do was to write a check (actually bring a Cashiers check) for $25k. We went into a negotiation and I advised her that I didn't have 25k lying around and she wound up settling for $1,500 to release my name from the passport denial list.

I guess the point of my post is that sometimes the dad isn't the deadbeat and even when he does the right thing he can end up on the losing end. Anyone who says that the child support system isn't biased towards the mother is sadly mistaken. I'm niot defecding the guy who's now the subject of 50 some odd posts, all I'm trying to say is that there were a lot of people who expressed opinions who knew absolutely nothing about how the system works. I wish this guy good luck and advise him to try and reach a compromise with his child support case officer. He may in fact be able to get his passport released fairly easily with an acceptable payment arrangement. Who knows - maybe he isn't the peice of trash that some people made him out to be.

Alan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I will second this! :thumbs:

Hello,

I have read your story and yes, i believe with your opinion here..

Its just sometimes or most of the time people are easily judge others without knowing what's the real story behind these people. And that's a pity for those..

Anyway, I hope the OP will read this response, since i think she started unsubscribing herself from this thread , because of this easily thrown up criticism..

Good luck everyone.

The wife.

Hello All -

Alan

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

It is really sad when the system punishes a responsible dad who always paid the ex by check. Surely, it is painful for children who are caught between this. System should punish those who are really behind paying child support.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

hello sir,

i read your reply in my post PASSPORT REVOKED... and actually many people here are throwing criticism to my husband and they really dont know what is story behind and the reason why my husband didn't able to pay the support..

Anyways at this time he is paying it off so it takes time for him to pay it in full but i still do believe that he can get me maybe next year i can fly in USA.. All im asking is help not criticism.

GOD bless you and thank you for sharing ur story about ur situation.. add me here sir if u want.

Kathy

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
hello sir,

i read your reply in my post PASSPORT REVOKED... and actually many people here are throwing criticism to my husband and they really dont know what is story behind and the reason why my husband didn't able to pay the support..

Anyways at this time he is paying it off so it takes time for him to pay it in full but i still do believe that he can get me maybe next year i can fly in USA.. All im asking is help not criticism.

GOD bless you and thank you for sharing ur story about ur situation.. add me here sir if u want.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Well, we're supposedly here on this forum to help each other so even though it was painful to share my circumstances I felt like you needed someone's perspective who has been through what you and your husband are experiencing.

My advice to him is to have him call his case officer as I did and have him request that she remove his name from the denied list now that he is making payment arrangements. If the case officer refuses, he can still speak to the person who is in charge of the department that denies passports, suspends drivers licenses and professional licenses. I'm not saying that this will be easy due to all the red tape that occurs within the Child Support Enforcement Agency but it IS possible. BTW Kathy - your husband does not need to pay the ENTIRE arrearage - he only needs to get the amount of arrears under $2,500 so even if no one at CSEA helps him in getting his name off the list right now - at least he will get reinstated for his passport when the arrears drop under $2,500. Please don't hesitate to email me if there's any other information I can share. I'll help in any way possible.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

It'd make more sense to hire a solid lawyer to fight these things, especially when they are clearly in the wrong.

But I do know that if someone couldn't pay their child support they have zero business sponsoring someone for immigration. And anyone who would trust a foreign spouse to tell you the truth is asking for a lot of trouble. Long distance hides a lot of things and when there are giant red flags, I'd require a lot more than just his word for why things are as they are.

Past that, the poster implies that he has two children by two different mothers. That's another red flag. Two babies. Two different mothers, and now he wants to bring someone from another country into the mix. If you love drama, this guy sounds like a real winner.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.