Giskat09

Passport revoked!

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Google is hardly my dictionary. When I picture a "deadbeat" dad, I picture a man that shuts his children completely out of his life. Child support is only one aspect of being a "deadbeat" but the one everyone gets all in a tizzy over, IMHO. Who cares if he loves his children... Who cares if he visits the children... Who cares if he takes any interest in his children... Just keep those checks coming to the FORMER WIFE (supposedly for the children) so she can spend the money any ol' way she pleases and now you are father of the year! :wacko: I'll say it again, having some financial woes and falling behind, by itself, does not make one a "deadbeat" dad.

Falling behind on child support does not make one a dead beat dad. Really tired of this automatic connection always being made. :angry:

Google "definition of deadbeat dad" and see what comes up...

"a father who defaults on his obligation to provide financial support for his offspring "

"Deadbeat Dad is a pejorative term (primarily U.S.) that refers to men who have fathered a child but fail to pay child support ordered by a family law court or statutory agency such as the Child Support Agency."

Losing his passport simple serves to emphasize that he needs to take care of the family obligations he already has before assuming new ones with a new wife.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Google is hardly my dictionary. When I picture a "deadbeat" dad, I picture a man that shuts his children completely out of his life. Child support is only one aspect of being a "deadbeat" but the one everyone gets all in a tizzy over, IMHO. Who cares if he loves his children... Who cares if he visits the children... Who cares if he takes any interest in his children... Just keep those checks coming to the FORMER WIFE (supposedly for the children) so she can spend the money any ol' way she pleases and now you are father of the year! :wacko: I'll say it again, having some financial woes and falling behind, by itself, does not make one a "deadbeat" dad.

Falling behind on child support does not make one a dead beat dad. Really tired of this automatic connection always being made. :angry:

"a father who defaults on his obligation to provide financial support for his offspring "

"Deadbeat Dad is a pejorative term (primarily U.S.) that refers to men who have fathered a child but fail to pay child support ordered by a family law court or statutory agency such as the Child Support Agency."

Losing his passport simple serves to emphasize that he needs to take care of the family obligations he already has before assuming new ones with a new wife.

So its not OK to use the term deadbeat dad for one who fails to pay child support, but its OK for you to keep implying that mothers don't use child support for children? I think that's more than a bit unfair! Cos, ya know that $75 in child support I'm supposed to get each month for my 3 kids would really allow me to live the high life. Mine, mine, mine all mine.

If you don't like people ragging on the deadbeat, you should set a better example and not cast apersions on the custodial mother.

Sorry, but if ya can't pay your child support than you shouldn't be getting involved in an expensive LDR.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So its not OK to use the term deadbeat dad for one who fails to pay child support, but its OK for you to keep implying that mothers don't use child support for children? I think that's more than a bit unfair! Cos, ya know that $75 in child support I'm supposed to get each month for my 3 kids would really allow me to live the high life. Mine, mine, mine all mine.

If you don't like people ragging on the deadbeat, you should set a better example and not cast apersions on the custodial mother.

Sorry, but if ya can't pay your child support than you shouldn't be getting involved in an expensive LDR.

:thumbs:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

Who is implying! I know a whole herd of women (including my former) that meet up once a month at a bar to spend some of the child support money on drinks. They even call it 'Get Drunk on the Ex" night. When women are forced to show an accounting where that child support money goes, then, maybe, I can start to feel some sympathy. I pay child support to assist my children not increase my former wife's wardrobe and give her a drunken night on the town. Also, what example are you referring I need set? I am not the one behind.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, KT, just as you don't like all dads being tarred with the same brush, I don't appreciate your tarring all moms with the same brush. Which is what I mean about setting and example. The old classic, do as I say not as I do, eh? Just because you know some idiots who use their chilren's support payments for personal use, doesn't mean all of us do! I'm only entitled to $75 a month (which I haven't gotten in ages) and I certainly would appreciate it, despite its low amount. It would pay for a pair of sneakers for one of my kids, or 2 & 1/2 counseling payments cos my kids are so damaged by their father's abuse. What I AM saying its just as wrong for you to generalize that all moms are using child support for drunken outings as it is for others to refer to all dads in child support arrears as deadbeat dads.

Filed: Timeline
Well, KT, just as you don't like all dads being tarred with the same brush, I don't appreciate your tarring all moms with the same brush. Which is what I mean about setting and example. The old classic, do as I say not as I do, eh? Just because you know some idiots who use their chilren's support payments for personal use, doesn't mean all of us do! I'm only entitled to $75 a month (which I haven't gotten in ages) and I certainly would appreciate it, despite its low amount. It would pay for a pair of sneakers for one of my kids, or 2 & 1/2 counseling payments cos my kids are so damaged by their father's abuse. What I AM saying its just as wrong for you to generalize that all moms are using child support for drunken outings as it is for others to refer to all dads in child support arrears as deadbeat dads.

I hear you sister. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I'm only entitled to $75 a month (which I haven't gotten in ages) and I certainly would appreciate it, despite its low amount. It would pay for a pair of sneakers for one of my kids, or 2 & 1/2 counseling payments cos my kids are so damaged by their father's abuse.

Wow! and I thought I had a good lawyer when I ONLY had to pay $1600/month... I should've had your ex's lawyer...

On a more serious note, divorce sucks. I'm not referring to the financial losses incurred by both sides but rather to the turmoil and tumolt to each of the parties' lives. Especially the children. It's NOT their fault the divorce occurred yet they are the ones that so often pay the biggest price and lose the most in the divorce.

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita

hello sir,

i read your reply in my post PASSPORT REVOKED... and actually many people here are throwing criticism to my husband and they really dont know what is story behind and the reason why my husband didn't able to pay the support..

Anyways at this time he is paying it off so it takes time for him to pay it in full but i still do believe that he can get me maybe next year i can fly in USA.. All im asking is help not criticism.

GOD bless you and thank you for sharing ur story about ur situation.. add me here sir if u want.

Kathy

The answer to your original question is yes, your husband can send a copy of his birth certificate as evidence of citizenship. You probably already know that but I haven't seen it posted as a straight answer.

Why the VJ moderators allow such judgmental off topic rants to remain visible baffles my mind.

THIS IS THE RIGHT ANSWER THAT I NEED... THANKS SIR!

When i met my husband he has already 2 kids.... still I accepted and loved him... Im so sweet! Harharhar.... God bless to all of us.

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

Timeline

As I said, I can be more sympathetic when woman are required to show an accounting. My poorest divorced friend pays 5 times the amount you are receiving. I'm sorry this is all you receive, I agree, that is fair set of clothes for one child in a month. The system is still overall biased in favour of the women with regard to custody and financial support. I am not going to continue to debate this as it is a no win situation. Generally a woman and man will never agree. So let's leave it at that.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I just read this whole thread and wish you the best of luck.

I would like to also like to say that when i got my divorce my ex wasnt working he never works so my I didnt specify child support cause I knew I would never see any. My divorce was delayed cause the judge didnt want to grant me a divorce to an abusive drunken drug addictive bum. Anyways i had to get my lawyer to right up a letter explaining why he couldnt pay child support they never asked him for ####### i had to prove it. Finaly got the divorce then within a few months the child support ppl that go after the fathers start to hound me saying i have to pursue child suppport. I have no clue where these ppl get there info from but they dont stop and its up to me to make them realize he doesnt have to pay cause he doesnt have money if you make less then 5k a year you dont pay, i dont think he even makes that well none that could be traced anyways. He was a real pro with financial abuse, i didnt even know it was abuse.

Anyways what i'm getting at is these agencies that go after the father also go after the mothers till they agree to let these ppl take control sometimes they are desperatly needed but times like mine they just harrasse the ####### outta ppl like me and i have to deal with them every 6 months that when they review the casses again the guy will be dead and barried and i swear they will still bug me.

Sorry think my fever still has the best of me got a bit longer then wanted

Danielle

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree, the birth certificate should suffice. Worry about the passport when he catches up on his child support. I raised my children, my ex-wife never bothered to pay me the child support but i never made an issue of it because I didn't need her money. I read the story about the chinese girl, had the adam walsh act been in effect at the time her husband would never have been able to petition her. Good luck to you....

I agree, the birth certificate should suffice. Worry about the passport when he catches up on his child support. I raised my children, my ex-wife never bothered to pay me the child support but i never made an issue of it because I didn't need her money. I read the story about the chinese girl, had the adam walsh act been in effect at the time her husband would never have been able to petition her. Good luck to you....

Sir, can you give me the website about Adam Walsh Act? i want to know more about this please... thanks a lot.

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

$75 is too low.. tsk.. my husband is paying 250 per month every child (2 kids)... and he is only working in maintenance.. i guess it depends on the Agency.

Anyways, GOD bless you and the

family.

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.