aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

I'm trying not to get too excited, but Dennis and I are looking at me possibly going to Winnipeg for about two months (July and August) for the (hopefully) last stretch of the wait. I'm so excited! We're trying to decide if we can afford it because I would have to quit my job...which is kind of silly because I'll just have to find another one when we get back, but I'm so incredibly under-paid and over-worked...I've been seriously thinking about looking for a different job for a long time. I just had to say it to someone...hopefully it all works out!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm trying not to get too excited, but Dennis and I are looking at me possibly going to Winnipeg for about two months (July and August) for the (hopefully) last stretch of the wait. I'm so excited! We're trying to decide if we can afford it because I would have to quit my job...which is kind of silly because I'll just have to find another one when we get back, but I'm so incredibly under-paid and over-worked...I've been seriously thinking about looking for a different job for a long time. I just had to say it to someone...hopefully it all works out!

wow! that would be amazing!!! i hope it works out for you. what a great way to spend the summer! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Figured I'd give this a bump to the front again. No news on my side, we're still in the waiting game with everyone. But on a good note, Tina and I have made plans to be together in July so we can celebrate our one year engagement anniversary together. i'm wishing we get our approval during that time!!

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

Figured I'd give this a bump to the front again. No news on my side, we're still in the waiting game with everyone. But on a good note, Tina and I have made plans to be together in July so we can celebrate our one year engagement anniversary together. i'm wishing we get our approval during that time!!

Yay! Dennis is probably coming here for about a week in July, I can't wait to see him! I want to go up there to visit, but I've used all of my vacation time already :( (Well...I have 5 days left, but those are for helping him move and then a couple of days for the civil ceremony and a mini-honeymoon). We're all starting to officially hit 90 days. I told myself that I would admit to myself that I was hoping to hear something once I hit 90 days (I know...it's extremely optimistic), once I hit 120 I'll start really looking.

Here's hoping we'll all get approved at three or four months! Someone posted in another thread that looking at last year's numbers 30% of K1s for the entire year were approved in May. I would love to contribute to that number this year!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Also...I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but February filers have officially broken the 200 mark on Igor's list. I'm currently 198 and I didn't get my NOA1 until Valentine's day.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nothing new on this side. I've moved from 240 to #228 on the list! I got my NOA1 towards the end of Feb so I'm still under the 90 day mark. It seems like CSC is waking up slowly....keeping my fingers crossed. I was checking out last years approvals and noticed the amount of applications approved in April and May. They can really crank out those approvals if they actually do some work.

Government employees are the same everywhere... "Ahh...I'll get to it next week" - they say that every day.

I-130 (parent)

Filed - 09-03-2013

Approval/Forwarded to NVC - 03-04-2014

Nothing new on this side. I've moved from 240 to #228 on the list! I got my NOA1 towards the end of Feb so I'm still under the 90 day mark. It seems like CSC is waking up slowly....keeping my fingers crossed. I was checking out last years approvals and noticed the amount of applications approved in April and May. They can really crank out those approvals if they actually do some work.

Government employees are the same everywhere... "Ahh...I'll get to it next week" - they say that every day.

lol...remember that they work on lots of other kinds of visas besides K1s. I wish they could dedicate their time to us, but there are a lot of other people waiting, too! The general theory for the April slow down is that H1-B visas, which are limited to something like 8500 a year, re-open on April 1st. They get flooded about 13000 applications for those 8500 visas. So they focus on those since they're limited numbers, then they get back to the other visa types.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm so happy, we finally under 210.... 208 is a nice number right now, after being between 212 and 225 for over a month... Craig is coming on Monday, and today we hit day 75, my personal half time of getting NOA2. Happy first of May! (we have 2 holidays today in Germany!) :star:

.png

2/16/08 --> finally send I-129F to CSC

7/21/08 --> touched/NOA2 email

8/09/08 --> "Pakage 3" in the mail

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

10/08/08 --> flying from Duesseldorf - JFK - Cleveland

11/08/08 --> finally married :)

12/27/08 --> AOS/EAD/AP send to Chicago

5/13/09 --> found a job and we picked out Molly (Beagle Puppy)

5/20/09 --> I485 "Card has been ordered" and again on 5/29/09

5/23/09 --> "Welcome to the United States of America"

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

I'm so happy, we finally under 210.... 208 is a nice number right now, after being between 212 and 225 for over a month... Craig is coming on Monday, and today we hit day 75, my personal half time of getting NOA2. Happy first of May! (we have 2 holidays today in Germany!) :star:

woo-hooo! Enjoy the visit! There's nothing quite like seeing your fiance after months of being apart!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Here's hoping we'll all get approved at three or four months! Someone posted in another thread that looking at last year's numbers 30% of K1s for the entire year were approved in May. I would love to contribute to that number this year!

You said it! heres to feb filers being the whole 30%!!! :thumbs: I just checked igors list and have moved up to 178! I was in the 180's last week. lets keep it moving people!!!!

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's even more good news! The first january filers at CSC was approved today. 122 days total! COME ON CSC!!!!! GO GO GO GO!!!! I miss my mahal!!!

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I cant believe it, just woke up, went to Igors list, and 4 others from December got approved... looks like they will work in May :dance:

.png

2/16/08 --> finally send I-129F to CSC

7/21/08 --> touched/NOA2 email

8/09/08 --> "Pakage 3" in the mail

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

10/08/08 --> flying from Duesseldorf - JFK - Cleveland

11/08/08 --> finally married :)

12/27/08 --> AOS/EAD/AP send to Chicago

5/13/09 --> found a job and we picked out Molly (Beagle Puppy)

5/20/09 --> I485 "Card has been ordered" and again on 5/29/09

5/23/09 --> "Welcome to the United States of America"

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys. I was reading through the RFE thread and I had some questions regarding the proof to show that I visited my Fiancee. I didn't feel as if a new thread was necessary so I thought that I'd just ask you guys here.

I read about sending in copies of your tickets and such, but I had gotten rid of my tickets thinking that I did not need them. However, I did send in my itinerary since I had a copy of it in my email and also sent in all pages of my passport (notarized) showing exit/entry stamps. If CSC decides to send me an RFE, is there a way I can obtain copies of my tickets through my travel agent?

Thanks a bunch!

I-130 (parent)

Filed - 09-03-2013

Approval/Forwarded to NVC - 03-04-2014

Hey guys. I was reading through the RFE thread and I had some questions regarding the proof to show that I visited my Fiancee. I didn't feel as if a new thread was necessary so I thought that I'd just ask you guys here.

I read about sending in copies of your tickets and such, but I had gotten rid of my tickets thinking that I did not need them. However, I did send in my itinerary since I had a copy of it in my email and also sent in all pages of my passport (notarized) showing exit/entry stamps. If CSC decides to send me an RFE, is there a way I can obtain copies of my tickets through my travel agent?

Thanks a bunch!

I've heard that CSC won't really consider your itinerary to be proof, since you can go print an itinerary off of Expedia without buying any tickets. I'm not sure if your travel agent could get you actual copies of your ticket, but they should be able to get you an actual receipt proving that you PAID for the tickets (maybe your itinerary shows this, I'm just thinking of the kind you print from the internet). Did you get your passport stamped? That would also be considered proof. We also both printed out our bank/credit card records and highlighted all purchases made in the other one's city. I think as long as you have pictures of you two together in with the itinerary you should be fine.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.