aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

hey everyone, I've been away from the board for about 2 weeks spending time with My SO. So it's nice to see a Feb CSC thread. I'm right there with everyone one else. Got our NOA1 on the 7th but no touches since.

Welcome back! I hope you had a great time with your SO...even if it didn't last long enough. I hope we all hear something soon!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
hey everyone, I've been away from the board for about 2 weeks spending time with My SO. So it's nice to see a Feb CSC thread. I'm right there with everyone one else. Got our NOA1 on the 7th but no touches since.

Welcome back! I hope you had a great time with your SO...even if it didn't last long enough. I hope we all hear something soon!

I did, having to part ways again is a major downer. but the good news is my timeline went from august 2nd to july 18th in the time i was away!

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

I did, having to part ways again is a major downer. but the good news is my timeline went from august 2nd to july 18th in the time i was away!

I love watching those dates drop! Mine started out at August 16th and it's down to July 22nd now. :) My SO will be here a week from Friday, but can only stay for 5 days :( We're hoping he can come out for another visit later in the summer. I want to go visit him, but I used part of my vacation time going up to see him in January, part of it will be so I can help him move, and the rest so we can have a honeymoon after our ceremony.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Hey everyone! How's it going? Anyone doing anything fun?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So, uhhhh, when's your next trip? :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So, uhhhh, when's your next trip? :lol:

We haven't set a time yet but it's my turn to go there. So far we have been able to see each other about every 4 months. Since we alternate on who flies is gives each of us 8 months or so to save up for the tickets. :thumbs: We where luck because she got to come live with me for 6 months last year for her college internship which was fantastic. She went back to finish school in September, I went to Germany to spend x-mas and new years with her and her family. This trip we just did, we met in Boston and went up to Maine to visit my family and old friends. (we met in Maine when she was an exchange student in 2001). This last trip we where both dreaming the next time I fly out there she will be coming back with me for good!!

AOS

Green Card received. May 09

Filing I-751

02/01/11 Packet mailed

02/04/11 NOA

03/08/11 Biometrics appointment

We haven't set a time yet but it's my turn to go there. So far we have been able to see each other about every 4 months. Since we alternate on who flies is gives each of us 8 months or so to save up for the tickets. :thumbs: We where luck because she got to come live with me for 6 months last year for her college internship which was fantastic. She went back to finish school in September, I went to Germany to spend x-mas and new years with her and her family. This trip we just did, we met in Boston and went up to Maine to visit my family and old friends. (we met in Maine when she was an exchange student in 2001). This last trip we where both dreaming the next time I fly out there she will be coming back with me for good!!

I hope so!!! :thumbs::star::thumbs:

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

We're starting to hit two months for some of us...hopefully that means we're starting to hit halfway through the USCIS wait. How's everyone doing? Anyone else as bored as I am?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not really bored. The wait is taking its toll on my fiance and me. We both have some really down days at times, but I try to be upbeat for her. If something happened, I really don't know if I could go through this again. Is this as huge an emotional drain on everyone else as it is for me?? Just curious. When I hit the 60 day mark, I'm going to have my congressman's aide call and see where our petition is at. I think its propping up the wobbly table in the break room at CSC LOL!!!! :rolleyes: At least I should get a touch out of it, that would be better then the great unknown we're in now.

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

I'm not really bored. The wait is taking its toll on my fiance and me. We both have some really down days at times, but I try to be upbeat for her. If something happened, I really don't know if I could go through this again. Is this as huge an emotional drain on everyone else as it is for me?? Just curious. When I hit the 60 day mark, I'm going to have my congressman's aide call and see where our petition is at. I think its propping up the wobbly table in the break room at CSC LOL!!!! :rolleyes: At least I should get a touch out of it, that would be better then the great unknown we're in now.

Absolutely to the emotional drain! I can't even describe how hard it is to people who haven't gone through this. It's that constant, nagging "what if...what if...what is the government going to find wrong with my petition?...What if they deny it?" There's just no answer and it makes me feel like I'm going to explode. I try to take it as it comes...my petition is in, there's nothing I can do about it now. All I can do is wait. If they reject it, we'll figure something out. I look at the grand scheme of our relationship and something...either fate or God...has gone to great lengths to make sure we met. I trust it won't fail now. As Mother Theresa said "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

About the calling your congressman. I know a lot of them will say they can't get involved until you're past the processing date. I've also heard rumors that if you give USCIS too much trouble they'll put your case at the bottom of the stack. :unsure: It might be better to give them a little bit of time. USCIS says it can take up to 6 months, which sounds like a lot of CAC to me (corporate as$ covering...excuse my language, please), but they've written it in there to protect themselves.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Absolutely to the emotional drain! I can't even describe how hard it is to people who haven't gone through this. It's that constant, nagging "what if...what if...what is the government going to find wrong with my petition?...What if they deny it?" There's just no answer and it makes me feel like I'm going to explode. I try to take it as it comes...my petition is in, there's nothing I can do about it now. All I can do is wait. If they reject it, we'll figure something out. I look at the grand scheme of our relationship and something...either fate or God...has gone to great lengths to make sure we met. I trust it won't fail now. As Mother Theresa said "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."

i think i'm going to have to print that quote out and put it on the front of my refrigerator :thumbs:

i wasn't expecting the emotional drain to become an issue. was i ever wrong! i can tell myself a hundred times a day that the wait will be worth it but i still miss my guys (my fiance and his wonderful son) so, so much.

i'm glad that others feel the same way and can understand where i'm coming from. thank goodness for all the good folks at VJ! :luv:

Hey everyone. How is everybody holding up? My fiance just landed back at home after an amazing long weekend together. We had pictures taken and spent some time with my family. This is the hardest part, though...right after he leaves, it always feels like my heart has been ripped out. I suppose in a way...it has been, he took it with him. :cry: It makes me that much more eager for an approval, even though I know I'm months away from it. So...what is everyone doing to pass the time? I'm working on getting all of my documentation for the affidavit of support together.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Its hard, so hard.

Hard to don't check the file status on uscis website every hours, hard to don't check igor's list. So hard to wait. So hard being not able to plan stuffs i would like to do already...

I try to make me busy, but it still a lot of time when i can think too much about the wait... :(

Its hard to see VSC filers getting approvals... Its hard as peeps around me doesn't understand how hard it is.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

I'm trying to be patient. I waited 25 years to meet him and another year and a half to realize how in love with him I was. This wait should be easy after that. :wacko:

My hobby is historical costuming and recreation, but I haven't been doing much for the last couple of years. I think I'm going to start a really big project that will take me months to finish. It will be a good distraction until I hear something.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.