Y's_habibitk

want kids?

Do you have/want any children?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have kids now?

• ya
    • nope
    • maybe
  2. 2. are you planning on having kids/more once your SO gets to the US?

• I dunno
    • ya
    • nope
  3. 3. How many do you want?

• I dunno
    • 2-3
    • We'll start our own soccer team if we can
    • whatever

102 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
We have one(he's new! hehe)...waited about 2 1/2 years after Sujeet moved here/got married before we started trying.

I always said I wanted 2. At the moment, I am scared about recovering from another c-section and my labor was so long that I'd be afraid to try it that way again. It's too fresh in my mind. I am hoping "time heals all wounds" and I will be up for going through it again in a couple years. If not, there is always adoption but it's not an easy thing to go through either.

I had a short but dreadful labor followed by weeks of infections. It has almost been two years in a couple of weeks and I think the worst is over. I remember it was bad, but the images are no longer so sharp. You won't forget, but you will more than likely get over it and move on. There are many reasons it would not be a good idea for me to have more children, but it is only a short time in my life and life of my child, labor and post-partum. It is not a particularly deciding factor for me. Beyond that, there are no guarantees that next time would be as bad as the last. Many people with bad birth experiences go on to have better ones. If it should ever happen that I fall pregnant again, there will definitely be some changes in how I want my labor and post-partum care managed. Probably the same is true for you.

I am sorry your experience wasn't as good as could be hoped. Eventually though, it will get better. Still too early to think about the next child anyway, just enjoy the cute little guy you have right now. :)

Edited by Wacken

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have never given birth, but my mother had a terrible labor with my brother (firstborn) and the world's easiest labor with me (second) - only one contraction and 5 minutes and I made my appearance in this world.

btw Stina - you look great in that photo with your son, motherhood suits you!

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a 12 yr old daughter from my previous marriage.

I would LOVE to have a baby with my hubby but, I am too old now. :crying:

guess I'll just have to wait to be a gramma instead. :(

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I used to have a bunch of those until just a few years ago. They are fun fish, challenging to balance personalities, but fun to watch! :)

I looked at that and thought, what-??? :lol: I think you meant African Cichlid!

1) nope

2) we are going to wait a few years

3)So if I want 3-4, I have to vote going for the soccer team? :blush:

House count as of today:

hubby and me

1 siberian husky - "Anya"

2 cats

1 african sicklet (that looks like a giant gold fish)

Saludos,

Caro

fudge! I googled it to try to get it right and not even then

Saludos,

Caro

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Were having one soon. Oh and I mean only one!! This pregnancy thing is hard work and I don't love it. It will just be the three of us. ;)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wow, I just read up on Islam and adoption.

Basically, if you adopt a child, it's not really yours. It's more like taking in a child, but not incorporating it into your family. For example, if it's a male, the adult females in the family must wear hijab around him after puberty.

So in Islam you can't give an orphan a family, just room and board and maybe some advice.

Not sure why a religion would want to prohibit familial ties being formed. But OK...

Nick and I want two children...but we aren't going to start trying until about 2 years after we are married...we want some alone time ;)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance and i spend 3yrs alone,before we had baby,,,,,its good coz we really know each other now.....and were really crazy about our son....i dont know if i want more baby coz i had a really hard time when i got pregnant.....pre-eclamsia ,my myoma was active get big,,,i cant do exercise becuase of contraction of my stomach,,,im hypertensive,,,plenty allergies all over my body i was bleed sometime....and i was 200lbs,that time,,thats why i cant delivered my baby normal ,im on CS SECTION....im 125lbs before i got pregnant and thank god after a year im back in 125lbs...im in shape now,,,thats where thinking if we want kids to have another baby.... but its priceless when you see your baby smilin at you....,

lifequotes1.gif

AOS-EAD-AP TIMELINE

November 04,2008-Sent AOS package

November 17,2008-NOA date

November 21,2008-recieved NOA hard copy by mail

November 24,2008-Biometrics appt.letter recieved by mail (December 17,2008 -Biometrics Appt.)

November 26,2008- AOS touched (got emailed from CRIS)RFE on AOS

December 09,2008-RFE sent

January 8,2009 -AP approved

January 9,2009-EAD approved(status card production ordered)

January 15,2009- AP in the mailbox

February 14,2009 - EAD card in the mailbox..THANKS GOD..finally...

March 5,2009 - INTERVIEW AOS ( 1:30PM)

April 13,2009-welcome letter in the mailbox....

April 17,2009-GC recieved..Thank u LORD...

JEGO RYU CRBA

Sept.20,2007-sent papers to embassy

Jan.4,2008- USEMBASSY recieved the DNA test result"""'"acquired U.S citizenship"

Jan.15,2008-recieved my son U.S passport and certificate(delivered by fedex

K1

Dec. 14,2007-sent pet.CSC

MAY 1,2008---NOA2 in email(THANKS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

July 7,2008-INTERVIEW

August 28,2008-FLIGHT(POE-HONOLULU,HAWAII)with my fiance and our son..THANK U GOD....

Sept,24,2008-got married

christian11.gif

Filed: Timeline
you talk like you can just snap your fingers and adopt a baby just like that.

Nessa I don't think I can just snap my fingers and adopt a baby. I know it is a very long and expensive process! I have a few friends who have adopted from other countries.

Also I was just being honest!!! That's really how I feel about having kids.

Edited by Amber&Neil

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we want kids... we have tried and failed twice so far so now we are thinking of adopting.. I would be happy with just one but hubby says two, maybe a boy and a girl but I know adoption isn't easy.... but we just want to be parents...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am completely undecided if I want kids or not..... I am not a hugely maternal person at all. I am not the type of person who goes all googly eyed over babies either.... I do get the odd occasion when I say 'Awwww, she/he's so cute, I want one' but then they either poop or cry and the idea disappears rather quickly. :lol:

I have a feeling that this is because of my huge family. I am the oldest one and have always been surrounded by babies and kids of all ages. I think it may have scared me off :lol:

Everyone keeps telling me that when I have my 'own' babies, I will feel different, but i'm not so sure about that!!

Maybe one day I will just wake up and my body clock will start ticking.. Who knows :unsure:

Chris on the other hand, already has 2 grown up children. Evie is 18 and Zach is 21 (He started rather young, lol) and he isn't all that keen on having any more either. But he has said that if I did all of a sudden become all maternal on him, he certainly wouldn't say no.

Everyone has bets on here in England that when I get there I will be popping out babies like they are going out of fashion by the end of next year... :no:

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have 2. We are not having any more.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip