sarahaziz

American's view on Islam

211 posts in this topic

If everyone has read every single post in the board and didn't find a couple of them not really portraying an opinion and not judging I guess I have different standards of people being rude or not considering their words before said. It's just me then. :whistle:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, its great to see scriptures from the bible about marriage posted up here. What about quran scriptures equally alike to the bible scriptures? It'd be educational to compare the differences. I had an Islamic website what specifically talked about marriage(s) between a husband and wife but somehow I lost it! If anybody has a good website let me know

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
By the way, its great to see scriptures from the bible about marriage posted up here. What about quran scriptures equally alike to the bible scriptures? It'd be educational to compare the differences. I had an Islamic website what specifically talked about marriage(s) between a husband and wife but somehow I lost it! If anybody has a good website let me know

I just went looking in my favs for it and cant find mine either! lol sorry :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
First I am muslima

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that there are American Muslims who dismiss other Muslims for being American.

Second it is absolutely PROHIBITED in ISLAM for a muslima to marry outside of ISLAM period...

As I said before, Muslims have decided it is prohibited, but Allah has never claimed that to be so. You can quote no verse to me directing Muslimas to marry only Muslim men, nor one that says we are forbidden to marry ahl al kitab. Nor can you post a punishment He has designed for it.

Our wedding was presided over by a scholar who knows that such a law is conditional and not binding on all Muslimas. There is no sin in knowing God for yourself rather than in lockstep with a cultural limitations.

Mumbo jumbo aside, Virtual wife, its the law. You can spend 30 paragraphs justifying yourself.

It's MAN'S law, sis, and man's law is not God's law, unless you are a Muslim who believes that man's laws and God's laws are equal in weight and authority.

Do you? Is that why you call intellegent, reasoned posts "mumbo jumbo", a throw away term that requires no intelligent response?

If so, then your beliefs must be a myriad of contradictions that Allah and the early scholars warned us against. Those vnerated men didn't claim that they had the authority to make something haram that Allah did not. If you accept that they do, that is taking scholars for partners with God - shirk - something to be avoided.

Traditionally, only in one case can a Muslim woman marry outside of Islam, and this is the case where the woman is guilty of sexual transgression, as denoted in Sura An Nur of the Qur'an: "The adulterer may marry only an adulteress or an idolatress; and the adulteress may marry only an adulterer or an idolater…" [24:3] As stated in this verse, this rule equally applies to the Muslim man who is guilty of this same offense.

Please post the verse(s) that tell Muslim women that they are only to marry Muslim men, and/or the one(s) that forbid us to marry ahl al kita men. Consider that to be a friendly challenge, because I certainly deserve more than "mumbo jumbo", "because they said so" and traditions with no support in sharia as a response.

BTW, while you're so insistant that Muslimas follow man's law, where is your indignation over the way Muslim men marry outside of fiqh and their Quranic commands without much opposition from the same sources you equate with God? That would be a hot topic here, no?

it is prohibited in Islam for a muslima to marry a non muslim.

period

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
it is prohibited in Islam for a muslima to marry a non muslim.

period

That's it? That's all you got? Those scholars you're so buddy buddy with gave you no more ammo than that? Not terribly convincing that Allah agrees with you. Islam is His creation, after all, not that of scholars.

I can't say I blame you for not justifying your position beyond that. As composed by scholars, the reasons given for denying interfaith marriage to Muslimas are pretty patrnalistic, misogynistic and insulting to us as half of God's creation.

In order to justify a prohibition, Muslims who agree with it explain that Muslimas are weak in faith and easily lead away from Islam by men. That we are not intelligent enough to raise our childen as Muslims. That we need the protection of a Muslim man who will keep us from going astray, because if we choose to marry an ahl al kitab man, he would invariably abuse us, treat us like a slave, and force us to convert. And, that's only some of the insult we are submitted to, not to mention how the law demeans ahl al kitab men.

Yeah, best not to say any of that . . . doesnt make Allah or Muslims seem very appealing.

Edited by Virtual wife

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:pop:

I might have spoke too soon.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
If everyone has read every single post in the board and didn't find a couple of them not really portraying an opinion and not judging I guess I have different standards of people being rude or not considering their words before said. It's just me then. :whistle:

if you mean wahrania and virtual wife, well I'm not really reading those posts so I don't know if they're being nasty. Virtual Wife will always back up her right to marry a non-muslim and wahrania will always say it's haram. That's just par for the course and no matter what either of them say they'll both believe what they believe. It's been a long standing discussion on this forum so maybe some of us are just used to it. *shrug* I don't care either way. I'm married to a muslim man, I'm muslim and we both miss each other. That's all I know for certain right now. :(

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
if you mean wahrania and virtual wife, well I'm not really reading those posts so I don't know if they're being nasty. Virtual Wife will always back up her right to marry a non-muslim and wahrania will always say it's haram. That's just par for the course and no matter what either of them say they'll both believe what they believe. It's been a long standing discussion on this forum so maybe some of us are just used to it. *shrug* I don't care either way. I'm married to a muslim man, I'm muslim and we both miss each other. That's all I know for certain right now. :(

You don't read my posts?! :crying:

Thx, Charles! I do rock! :thumbs:

Why does god - a perfect being - have negative, human-based emotions like anger and wrath? :blink:

I think this is a good question, and in my personal opinion it is because humans have a need to explain things in terms that they understand.

Understanding God, whatever you conceive him to be, is beyond human capability IMO.

The Jewish sage Maimonides, in responding to scholars who were arguing that 'The Voice of God spoke' entailed 'God must have a body' said "The Torah speaks in the language of men." It's a useful thing to keep in mind.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline

You don't read my posts?! :crying:

Thx, Charles! I do rock! :thumbs:

I read most of them but when you talk about the muslim woman marrying christian man I fade out because it doesn't pertain to me. I know...I'm selfish that way. lol I"m sure it's all good my brain can only take so much though. :lol:

Timeline

Actually, it does pertain to you and all Muslimas. The contradictions between the way Muslims act, what Islam teaches, and our refusal to examine what we have been told is "Islamic" calls our credibility into question when we decry hostilities done against Muslimas - honor killings, stoning, etc. - in God's Name. After all, we should just accept it as the law, and get over it.

Timeline
Actually, it does pertain to you and all Muslimas. The contradictions between the way Muslims act, what Islam teaches, and our refusal to examine what we have been told is "Islamic" calls our credibility into question when we decry hostilities done against Muslimas - honor killings, stoning, etc. - in God's Name. After all, we should just accept it as the law, and get over it.

okie doke, didn't mean to offend, just meant that with the project i'm doing at work, the stress at home and abroad, the course i'm taking currently, et al it's not something i'm in the mood to look into is all.

Timeline

No offense taken, sis. This isn't about you, anyway. You've never claimed to be such an expert about Islamic law, Arabs, and Muslims that you don't even need to show substance behind your claims.

Nope, that ain't you . . . ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.